View Poll Results: Hank Williams Jr.'s 1st Amendment Rights were they violated or infringed upon?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 20.48%
  • No

    63 75.90%
  • Other

    1 1.20%
  • I like mashed potatoes

    2 2.41%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 154

Thread: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post

    You misread his statement.He said they're enemies, the two parties.
    Oy-vey. No, he didnt't say that. He said "they're the enemy," not, "they're enemies." And when asked to clarify who he thought the enemy was, he pointed to Obama and Biden. Seriously, how can you not understand what he said?


    WILLIAMS: "Well, I'm glad you don't, brother, because a lot of people do. You know, they're the enemy. They're the enemy."

    KILMEADE: "Who's the enemy?"

    WILLIAMS: "Obama and Biden!"

  2. #142
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    You misread his statement.He said they're enemies, the two parties. They are.

    The golf outing was a stupid PR sideshow.The hypocrisy here in media is astounding. The media spend years saying the guy is a muslim, marxist, commie, kenyan, but they scapegoat Hank for noticing.

    We are supposed to listen to this crap, and be passive sheeple instead of yelling BS at the establishment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Oy-vey. No, he didnt't say that. He said "they're the enemy," not, "they're enemies." And when asked to clarify who he thought the enemy was, he pointed to Obama and Biden. Seriously, how can you not understand what he said?
    Of course he would characterize them as the enemy, because Hank Williams is a Republican!

    I'm a liberal, therefore the GOP is the enemy, get it?

    its a simile, of course Hitler is an enemy of the Jewish and vice-versa!

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You have the right to say pretty much anything you want. You dont have the right to avoid consequences.
    Wow, VM said something profound.

    End of thread.

  4. #144
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    WTF? This is the second time tonight that you have quoted me while spouting a bunch of rhetoric that has nothing to do with either my post or the topic of the thread. Stop stalking me, and stay on topic, dammit.
    My post had everything to do with Republicans like yourself, and was on topic. Hank merely stated that two sides playing golf were enemies, a fact. He got fired. Republicans are always doing these trivial threads ten page long, essentially about nothing. (The last time was it Juan Williams?)

    The Right Wing is so passionate about Muslims opening a mosque and all this junk, but when people are dying enmasse because of illegal wars, where are you all? Where are your protests to save lives rather than display all kinds of rhetoric about things that don't matter?

    A comment about the GOP in general, no one is stalking you.

  5. #145
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    My post had everything to do with Republicans like yourself, and was on topic. Hank merely stated that two sides playing golf were enemies, a fact. He got fired. Republicans are always doing these trivial threads ten page long, essentially about nothing. (The last time was it Juan Williams?)

    The Right Wing is so passionate about Muslims opening a mosque and all this junk, but when people are dying enmasse because of illegal wars, where are you all? Where are your protests to save lives rather than display all kinds of rhetoric about things that don't matter?

    A comment about the GOP in general, no one is stalking you.
    I'm not a damned republican and I'm sick of you following me from thread to thread insisting that I am. Stop harassing me. Now.

  6. #146
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I'm not a damned republican and I'm sick of you following me from thread to thread insisting that I am. Stop harassing me. Now.
    Whatever you say, Ronald Reagan.

  7. #147
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    If ESPN has become our Federal government then ‘yes’ Hank’s 1st Amendment right was violated.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  8. #148
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    I have to say that I did get a kick out of that line in the new stupid song that he made where he accused Fox & Friends of twisting his words around.

  9. #149
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I have to say that I did get a kick out of that line in the new stupid song that he made where he accused Fox & Friends of twisting his words around.
    Junior's best days are past in my opinion, though I liked Sr.'s music much much more. I stayed quiet on this one because both sides represented the best answer but it's simple, he said what he said and it was taken in the wrong context. While I think ESPN overreacted so did Jr. as did a great many people but none of this is a violation of his rights; he said it, ESPN didn't like it and both parties had the right to move forward as they saw fit.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Hank Williams Jr., 1st Amendment Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I read on here and some other places that people think that Hanks/1st amendment rights were violated or infringed upon in some what.
    Them people is dumb as dirt.

    The great thing about the first amendment, it helps us weed out the real loons... like Williams and Beck.

    Funny, Fox News compares Obama to communists 24/7, but if one wet brain red neck compares the President to a fascist.... that crosses the line???

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •