View Poll Results: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he will be the Republican nominee

    38 55.88%
  • No, he will not be the Republican nominee

    30 44.12%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 108

Thread: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

  1. #71
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Romney is just as liberal as Christie.
    Romney favors pact by states on emissions - The Boston Globe
    Massachusetts health care reform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Mitt Romney Deception


    People oppose Romney because he is a lib not because he claims to be a Mormon. So I ask you this question again- So you are saying you would support a democrat candidate who is actually pro-2nd amendment, against abortion, believes that global warming is something that occurs naturally regardless of how minute or severe those changes are, against gay marriages, and against illegal immigration and that anyone who wouldn't support him is a left wing loony? No democrat and no lib in their right mind would vote for a democrat who had those views unless they were die hard party idiots who could care less how conservative that democrat is.
    Again, JR....I think you are missing the point. I'm in agreement with you that Romney and Christie are very similar idealogically. What I am saying is that if the GOP decides that a far-right candidate like Bachman or Perry gets slaughtered in the general election...and decide the go with someone who might actually win in the general election, they are likely to go with Romney. This is Christie's only shot. He will not win the nomination if it is Christie v. Perry, or Christie v. Bachman or Christie v. Palin. Christie only gets the nomination if the GOP recognizes that a far-right candidate will lose in the general election and at that point Christie is the lesser of two evils to most the right-wing.

    As for your second question, I can't answer it unless you give me that alternative. There are scenarios under which I would vote for the candidate that you are proposing. Obviously, that person would not be my main choice, but if the alternative was worse, then yes, I would vote for them under that scenario.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #72
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Again, JR....I think you are missing the point. I'm in agreement with you that Romney and Christie are very similar idealogically. What I am saying is that if the GOP decides that a far-right candidate like Bachman or Perry gets slaughtered in the general election...and decide the go with someone who might actually win in the general election, they are likely to go with Romney. This is Christie's only shot. He will not win the nomination if it is Christie v. Perry, or Christie v. Bachman or Christie v. Palin. Christie only gets the nomination if the GOP recognizes that a far-right candidate will lose in the general election and at that point Christie is the lesser of two evils to most the right-wing.
    The only thing you are trying to do is paint anyone against Romney as a anti-Mormon bigot, just like Romney does to explain why he lost the last presidential primary election instead of the fact he is one the biggest liberals in the primary.

    As for your second question, I can't answer it unless you give me that alternative. There are scenarios under which I would vote for the candidate that you are proposing. Obviously, that person would not be my main choice, but if the alternative was worse, then yes, I would vote for them under that scenario.
    So in other words to maintain you lets paint people opposed to Romney or Christie as anti-religious bigots lie you are going to refuse to answer the question. Its not that hard of a question. Either you would not vote for a candidate like that or you would. if you are a die hard party retard then sure you would vote for him or her regardless of how conservative or liberal that democrats views are.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #73
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The only thing you are trying to do is paint anyone against Romney as a anti-Mormon bigot, just like Romney does to explain why he lost the last presidential primary election instead of the fact he is one the biggest liberals in the primary.



    So in other words to maintain you lets paint people opposed to Romney or Christie as anti-religious bigots lie you are going to refuse to answer the question. Its not that hard of a question. Either you would not vote for a candidate like that or you would. if you are a die hard party retard then sure you would vote for him or her regardless of how conservative or liberal that democrats views are.
    LOL....hardly JR.

    You are asking me a question like: "Would you choose an apple?"....over what? An orange....or a different type of apple. I'm sorry...but they way you phrased the question is poor. I answered it the best I could. Yes, I would choose your created candidate in the scenario, if the alternative was worse. If there was a better alternative, I would choose the better alternative.

    Take 2004 for example. I didn't particularly like Kerry.....he was my third or fourth choice in the primaries, but against GW Goofball.....it was a no-brainer.


    And BTW....I'm not saying everyone that opposes Romney is anti-mormon. That aside....the evanagelical right is never going to allow a mormon to get the nomination. That is just a fact.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #74
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....hardly JR.

    You are asking me a question like: "Would you choose an apple?"....over what? An orange....or a different type of apple. I'm sorry...but they way you phrased the question is poor. I answered it the best I could. Yes, I would choose your created candidate in the scenario, if the alternative was worse. If there was a better alternative, I would choose the better alternative.
    You were just trying to weasel out of answering the question.

    Take 2004 for example. I didn't particularly like Kerry.....he was my third or fourth choice in the primaries, but against GW Goofball.....it was a no-brainer.
    I didn't like McCain or Obama.Obama is obviously a liberal and McCain is a rino who supports illegal immigration. So I didn't vote for either.Since my state screws third party candidates I like that part on the ballot blank and voted for everything else on the ballot.

    And BTW....I'm not saying everyone that opposes Romney is anti-mormon.
    Yes you are.

    "That you JR....you just proved my point. The radical right-wing will oppose Christie in the same way that the oppose Romney. The difference is that evangelicals hate mormons more than muslims and will support Christie if the alternative is Romney."

    That aside....the evanagelical right is never going to allow a mormon to get the nomination. That is just a fact.
    That is not a fact.That is an opinion mostly formed by libs trying to smear and guilt the other side into voting for a lib and a few nuts.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #75
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Sorry....but you are wrong.

    If you look carefully, you will see that I did in fact answer your question. I said that I would vote for that candidate unless there was a better alternative. How else do you expect someone to answer the question. Its like you are asking "What's the difference between".

    And in response to the rest of your response, let me expand a bit and maybe you will understand what I am saying. Not everyone who opposes Romney is anti-mormon. I can see where Romney would not be well-liked amongst the ultra-right voters who's primary agenda is the right-wing social agenda....and it has nothing to do with Mormononism, it has to do with the fact that Romney is a lot more moderate on social issues than they want in a candidate. However, there is also a strong anti-mormon bent in the evangelical community. Evangelicals have never recognzed Mormons as "Christians" because Mormons do not fit within their view of what it means to be "Christian". The hatred for Mormons among evangelicals is not a secret. It is widely known. Which is why I am saying that IF the choice comes down essentially to Romney or Christie, the evangelicals will hold their nose and vote for Christie, because they cannot stomach the idea of a Mormon President. Its not because Christie is any more "Conservative" than Romney.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #76
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And in response to the rest of your response, let me expand a bit and maybe you will understand what I am saying. Not everyone who opposes Romney is anti-mormon. I can see where Romney would not be well-liked amongst the ultra-right voters who's primary agenda is the right-wing social agenda....and it has nothing to do with Mormononism, it has to do with the fact that Romney is a lot more moderate on social issues than they want in a candidate. However, there is also a strong anti-mormon bent in the evangelical community.

    A lot of evangelicals are conservative. So that means that because Romney is a liberal he is the last person they would elect to office.

    Evangelicals have never recognzed Mormons as "Christians" because Mormons do not fit within their view of what it means to be "Christian".
    Most evangelicals do not recognize Catholics as Christians either but they somehow manage to get elected.

    The hatred for Mormons among evangelicals is not a secret.
    Not recognizing a group of people as part of a religion does not equal hatred.

    It is widely known. Which is why I am saying that IF the choice comes down essentially to Romney or Christie, the evangelicals will hold their nose and vote for Christie, because they cannot stomach the idea of a Mormon President. Its not because Christie is any more "Conservative" than Romney
    They are both liberal.Romney happens to be a bigger liberal.SO if evangelicals vote for Christie it will be due to the fact they view one as the lesser of two evils political wise, not because of some notion you have that they hate people of other religions.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #77
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    A lot of evangelicals are conservative. So that means that because Romney is a liberal he is the last person they would elect to office.



    Most evangelicals do not recognize Catholics as Christians either but they somehow manage to get elected.



    Not recognizing a group of people as part of a religion does not equal hatred.



    They are both liberal.Romney happens to be a bigger liberal.SO if evangelicals vote for Christie it will be due to the fact they view one as the lesser of two evils political wise, not because of some notion you have that they hate people of other religions.
    First of all, neither Romney nor Christie are "liberals". They aren't even really "moderates", unless of course you are to the ultra right of the right-wing and then perhaps you might view them as "moderate". Most political insiders would rate both as moderate to conservative.

    Second, I'm no Mormon supporter, however, you are aware, are you not, that most anti-Mormon propoganda is put out by evangelical groups. That is more than "not recognizing a group as part of your religion". Evangelical hatred of Mormons is widespread and has been for decades. Do a little research on anti-mormon propoganda, I think your eyes will be opened a bit. They've even gone so far as to say "A vote for Mitt Romney is a vote for Satan"....hmmmmmm.....sounds like hatred to me.
    Last edited by disneydude; 10-03-11 at 07:05 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #78
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-04-11 @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    I live in New Jersey and voted for Chris Christie when he ran for Governor.

    Mistake.

    Since Christie has taken office he has done nothing more than issue false promises and go back on the ones he made before he was elected. Due to his policies Camden has lost many of its police officers, Trenton has laid off half of its force and many other police departments have had to cut back on protecting their citizens. Teachers have also been victims of his massive cuts into our education system which have increased our unemployment rate and damaged our young peoples' potential. While small government is effective in many places, the least we can ask of our elected officials is to be honest about what they will do when elected.

    Christie wrote letters to the state PBA and our teachers promising that he would not allow lay offs or cuts if he were elected. This was a lie. Due to his policies crime has risen and cities like Newark, Trenton, Paterson, and Camden are bordering on being absolute hopeless places. People cannot venture outside without the fear of being robbed, raped, or murdered. Newark has laid off Police Officers and has seen a rise in crime that makes it comparable to its days as a crime capital of the country in the early 1990s. Jersey City has also been starved by Christie's policies to the point of having to lay off officers and now has severe gaps in police coverage in what is a dangerous city.

    Not to mention...

    How can we trust a President to make critical decisions, if he couldn't even easily decide if he wanted to be President?

  9. #79
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    First of all, neither Romney nor Christie are "liberals".
    Yes they are.

    They aren't even really "moderates", unless of course you are to the ultra right of the right-wing and then perhaps you might view them as "moderate". Most political insiders would rate both as moderate to conservative.
    No conservative is for gay marriage,legalized abortion, believes in the man made global warming fairy tale religion, supports illegal immigration, supports Obama or Romney care, or supports anti-2nd amendment laws. These are liberal positions, not conservative positions. The only people calling them moderates or conservatives are either liberals who are lying or idiots.


    Second, I'm no Mormon supporter, however, you are aware, are you not, that most anti-Mormon propoganda is put out by evangelical groups. That is more than "not recognizing a group as part of your religion". Evangelical hatred of Mormons is widespread and has been for decades. Do a little research on anti-mormon propoganda, I think your eyes will be opened a bit. They've even gone so far as to say "A vote for Mitt Romney is a vote for Satan"....hmmmmmm.....sounds like hatred to me.
    Most likely those people are fringe lunatics. Not evangelicals in general/
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #80
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Yes they are.



    No conservative is for gay marriage,legalized abortion, believes in the man made global warming fairy tale religion, supports illegal immigration, supports Obama or Romney care, or supports anti-2nd amendment laws. These are liberal positions, not conservative positions. The only people calling them moderates or conservatives are either liberals who are lying or idiots.




    Most likely those people are fringe lunatics. Not evangelicals in general/
    Trying to label Romney and Christie as "liberal" simply shows how extremist you are. Thank you for displaying that for anyone who didn't already know.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •