View Poll Results: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he will be the Republican nominee

    38 55.88%
  • No, he will not be the Republican nominee

    30 44.12%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 108

Thread: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

  1. #31
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Possibly, but people are pretty fickle.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #32
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Yaaa add another one to the Republicant nomination lists!


  3. #33
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    The real problem Romney faces is that he looks and talks just like, and may have actually been, the guy who laid you off.
    Ha, that's a good point. But I don't think it's a huge factor, I think the people who are turned off by that would vote for Obama no matter what. I think there is a danger that if Romney wins a bunch of Tea Partiers aren't going to care enough to turn out to vote, or worse, a third party candidate will spoil it. But I think the Republicans, an extraordinarily cohesive party when they want to be, will rally behind the nominee even if it is Romney. After all they'd have to be idiots not to... oh wait, what am I saying Of course the idiot Republicans will screw this up.

  4. #34
    I support ██ ███
    jasonxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    From the looks of him I would suggest he walk.

    I'm not sure we're ready for a president that is so obese it is causing him to collapse.

    Seriously though, if they can get it together, he could win the primary.

    Mayne that's the trick in this day and age. Get in at the last second so there's no time to for folks to dig up and broadcast dirt on you before the election. So everybody votes for you based on your sound bite image.
    i think if Christie ran, he'll be

    If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?-the_biggest_loser-show-jpg



  5. #35
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Possibly, but people are pretty fickle.
    Fickle, but ultimately predictable.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,452
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonxe View Post
    i think if Christie ran, he'll be

    If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?-the_biggest_loser-show-jpg
    Funny. But I wasn't mocking him(too much) because of his weight but commenting on his general health. Running cor president, and BEING president is an extremely stressful undertaking, and I don't honestly know if he's up to it.

    I also have an issue with older candidates. I remember the latter days of the Reagan presidency, when it became clear he was "losing" it. I voted for mccain years ago, but considered him too old this last time. Its not age per se, but how well the individual is "holding up". And I'm also concerned with the attitude some men get when they get too old to get it up anymore. Bitter and angry.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Christie favors some restrictions on gun ownership, and he has stated that he doesn't think that being in the United States without documentation is a crime. In fact, he objects to the phrase "illegal immigrant," which he says "connotes" that just by being here, a person is commiting a crime.

    It doesn't connote it; it denotes the legal fact--immigrating illegally is a crime.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Christie favors some restrictions on gun ownership, and he has stated that he doesn't think that being in the United States without documentation is a crime. In fact, he objects to the phrase "illegal immigrant," which he says "connotes" that just by being here, a person is commiting a crime.

    It doesn't connote it; it denotes the legal fact--immigrating illegally is a crime.
    Just like the use of the phrase "illegal immigrant" denotes that the person using it is a small-minded bigot.

  9. #39
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,110

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    The real problem Romney faces is that he looks and talks just like, and may have actually been, the guy who laid you off.
    Which is exactly how Bain Capital (Romney's private equity firm) made his money. Romney should be an expert in creating jobs only because he has so much experience costing America its jobs.

    Romney / Clooney, separated at birth? I dunno.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWuHc...ure=grec_index

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Y9t...eature=related
    Last edited by upsideguy; 10-02-11 at 04:36 PM.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Which is exactly how Bain Capital (Romney's private equity firm) made his money. Romney should be an expert in creating jobs only because he has so much experience costing America its jobs.
    You say that sarcastically, but it's true. As much of a shock as it might be to the bleeding heart bedwetters out there, success in business often requires that people get fired.

    Obama has proven that he can't control the economy. Romney has a demonstrated track record of business success in both the private and public secots.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •