View Poll Results: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he will be the Republican nominee

    38 55.88%
  • No, he will not be the Republican nominee

    30 44.12%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 108

Thread: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

  1. #21
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Christie is out, Councilman. He's not up to it. He cannot compete with Romney's money, especially at this point. If Christie was such a great idea why didn't the GOP people run to him first instead of swooning over a series of cluster****s: Palin, Bachman, Perry and a few also rans? The fact is Christie is simply the latest someone who isn't Romney.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Tea Partiers may not like Romney, but you're blinded by partisan wishful-thinking if you seriously think Romney couldn't beat Obama. Romeny would win by a landslide against Obama in a general election. Americans want a president that can be trusted to fix the economy. That is Romney and Cain, nobody else. In fact, Romney-Cain would make a great ticket, Obama wouldn't have a chance. The only thing that could save Obama from Romney is a Tea Party third-party candidate stealing votes.

    Obama sucks, no matter what leftie hacks have to say about it, the country cannot afford another four years of Obama. But if the Republicans nominate a tea party candidate they are basically handing Obama the election on silver platter. They know it and he knows it.
    The real problem Romney faces is that he looks and talks just like, and may have actually been, the guy who laid you off.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #23
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    The real problem Romney faces is that he looks and talks just like, and may have actually been, the guy who laid you off.
    lolololol...now that was funny

  4. #24
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Christie needs to get Chaz Bono as his running mate to make himself look thinner.

  5. #25
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Tea Partiers may not like Romney, but you're blinded by partisan wishful-thinking if you seriously think Romney couldn't beat Obama.
    I am a non-partisan. I don't belong to a party. Give me a worthy GOP candidate and I'll vote for him or her. I wish the GOP could forward a solid candidate. They haven't and they cannot.

    Romeny would win by a landslide against Obama in a general election.
    LOL! Yeah, OK. Now who is being the blinded partisan?

    Americans want a president that can be trusted to fix the economy.
    And you know this because.........










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #26
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Christie is out, Councilman. He's not up to it. He cannot compete with Romney's money, especially at this point. If Christie was such a great idea why didn't the GOP people run to him first instead of swooning over a series of cluster****s: Palin, Bachman, Perry and a few also rans? The fact is Christie is simply the latest someone who isn't Romney.
    Your right and all this flopping and floundering around by the teaparty is being noticed by all the independents and swing voters...its become a sideshow..
    For the last 3 weeks theyve allowed...Is he running...yes he is..no he isnt...William Crystal begged him to run and he IS..no he isnt...and on and on...and thats dominated the news more than the candidates...

    Cain said quote..Christie is too liberal for Conservatives...yet its all the hot shot far right conservatives that are courting him...all the indications are for some reason the GOP elite have watch the bad performances by the candidates and they are not confident as you would think.

    Cain says Christie too liberal for conservatives - Yahoo! News

  7. #27
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    It appears to observers that the teaparty has no confidence in their own candidates...so how can they expect anyone else to have any confidence in them...They demeaned their own field of candidates by actively dissin them and going out publically and recruiting...Im amazed they didnt realize how it was looking

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    It appears to observers that the teaparty has no confidence in their own candidates...so how can they expect anyone else to have any confidence in them...They demeaned their own field of candidates by actively dissin them and going out publically and recruiting...Im amazed they didnt realize how it was looking
    There's an odd phenomenon I've observed where the "old guard" cannot or will not adapt to the instant information age.

    It used to be that pols could make **** up and by the time anybody found out that it wasn't true, nobody would care.

    They nailed them for the Jessica Lynch fabrication at the press conference where they announced the "daring rescue".

    They just can't seem to get their heads around the fact that EVERYTHING you say and do is recorded and is easily found with a simple search.

    I think it may actually just simply be a function of brain hardening that occurs with age. Which is why people become more conservative as they age. It becomes harder to learn new things so an actual aversion to new things develops.

    Anyway, "optics" is becoming more problematic each year as technology increases "vision".
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #29
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    There's an odd phenomenon I've observed where the "old guard" cannot or will not adapt to the instant information age.

    It used to be that pols could make **** up and by the time anybody found out that it wasn't true, nobody would care.

    They nailed them for the Jessica Lynch fabrication at the press conference where they announced the "daring rescue".

    They just can't seem to get their heads around the fact that EVERYTHING you say and do is recorded and is easily found with a simple search.

    I think it may actually just simply be a function of brain hardening that occurs with age. Which is why people become more conservative as they age. It becomes harder to learn new things so an actual aversion to new things develops.

    Anyway, "optics" is becoming more problematic each year as technology increases "vision".
    You make a good point...but dear lord how can they not know right now today that what they say is instantly recorded and accessible...and the teaparty isnt the OLD GUARD...they cant stand they old guard and want them gone...maybe its because they are just greedy young mutts and politically inept and so cocky they think they cant lose

  10. #30
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I am a non-partisan. I don't belong to a party. Give me a worthy GOP candidate and I'll vote for him or her. I wish the GOP could forward a solid candidate. They haven't and they cannot.
    You're clearly a left-wing partisan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    LOL! Yeah, OK. Now who is being the blinded partisan?
    I'm a libertarian partisan. I'm looking at it objectively when I say that Romney would crush Obama in a general election. Romney is more of a centrist than Obama, elections usually go to the centrist candidate. Romney is stronger on the economy than Obama, and the economy is the central issue of this election. Obama cannot win on those terms. The only shot Obama has is if a Tea Party candidate gets the nomination, which would make Obama look like a level-headed centrist by comparison.

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    And you know this because.........
    There's an old slogan, "It's the economy, stupid."

    It's the economy, Risky Thicket.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 10-02-11 at 03:27 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •