View Poll Results: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he will be the Republican nominee

    38 55.88%
  • No, he will not be the Republican nominee

    30 44.12%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

  1. #101
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Romney Rubio is probably the ticket that has the best chance of beating Obumble

    Another strong ticket would be Romney Portman-two guys who really understand Budget issues and both are far smarter than Obama and Biden

    Turtle all these variables will be worthless...If what I feel is starting becomes more widespread...and thats a moderate republican and independent rejection of the far right and libertarian stonewalling and overall rhetoric....the holding up of the hurricane relief did not make them look good

  2. #102
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I know the liberals on the forum will not like this statement..but I calls it like I sees it...disclaimer: Im wrong a whole lot too

    I think Christie or Romny beats Obama...obamas only chance that I see is if a far right nutter gets the nod and thats getting more unlikely all the time.
    Romny and Obama are the same... they are both liberals pretending to be conservative

  3. #103
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Romny and Obama are the same... they are both liberals pretending to be conservative
    You couldn't be more wrong. Romney is FAR from Liberal. In fact he's pretty far from "moderate" as well. He's a slightly moderate conservative at best.
    As for Obama....Obama isn't a liberal, despite attempts from the wingnuts to try to paint him as such, nor is he pretending to be conservative. Obama is and has always been a moderate. He's been leaning farther right in order to try to appeal to the right-leaning centrist crowd, but he's hardly pretending to be a conservative by any means.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #104
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Are any liberal politicians who identifies themselves as a liberals and actually for the 2nd amendment(meaning they do not support any infringements or any other anti-2nd amendment law), against abortion, against gay marriage, knows that climate change is something that occurs natu''rally regardless of how minute or severe those changes are,against Obama care and Romney care, against socialized medicine in any form, and against illegal immigration?
    Interesting! The US economy is coming apart at the seems, and these are the litmus tests of the conservatives? God help us!

    Why does this make me think of the old "arranging the deck chairs" metaphor?.... this is exactly why Obama will be re-elected.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 10-05-11 at 02:25 AM.

  5. #105
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Romny and Obama are the same... they are both liberals pretending to be conservative
    If it makes you feel any better, most of us on the left see the next election as a choice of the lesser Republican. Our best hope from this bad situation is the at least the current Republican president is re-elected.

  6. #106
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. Romney is FAR from Liberal. In fact he's pretty far from "moderate" as well. He's a slightly moderate conservative at best.
    As for Obama....Obama isn't a liberal, despite attempts from the wingnuts to try to paint him as such, nor is he pretending to be conservative. Obama is and has always been a moderate. He's been leaning farther right in order to try to appeal to the right-leaning centrist crowd, but he's hardly pretending to be a conservative by any means.
    You are talking to a group of people who's political frame of reference has become so skewed that would run Ronald Reagan out of the party today...

    Political Animal - Huckabee: Reagan couldn’t have won GOP nomination

    Would Today’s GOP Right-Wing Republicans Vote for Ronald Reagan Today? | The Barefoot Accountant on Accounting, QuickBooks, Taxes, Money, and Politics

  7. #107
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Interesting! The US economy is coming apart at the seems, and these are the litmus tests of the conservatives? God help us!
    First of all those are very important issues and second those are not the only issues actual conservatives care about. It still does not change the fact that liberals have their litmus tests too and would not vote a democrat who claims to be liberal but is actually the 2nd amendment(meaning they do not support any infringements or any other anti-2nd amendment law), against legalized abortion, against gay marriage( including paper coated terms like civil unions and domestic partnerships), knows that climate change is something that occurs naturally regardless of how minute or severe those changes are,against Obama care and Romney care, against socialized medicine in any form, and against illegal immigration. No liberal would ever vote a democrat like that unless they were a die hard democrat who thinks a conservative democrat is better than a liberal republican any day of the week. I realize that you as a liberal it is in your best interests if a liberal republican gets elected because a liberal republican will enact liberal laws, appoint liberal supreme court judges and many other things that liberals want. So people like you will lie and paint others as extremist for outing liberal republicans.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #108
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: If Christie runs, will he win the Republican nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    First of all those are very important issues and second those are not the only issues actual conservatives care about. It still does not change the fact that liberals have their litmus tests too and would not vote a democrat who claims to be liberal but is actually the 2nd amendment(meaning they do not support any infringements or any other anti-2nd amendment law), against legalized abortion, against gay marriage( including paper coated terms like civil unions and domestic partnerships), knows that climate change is something that occurs naturally regardless of how minute or severe those changes are,against Obama care and Romney care, against socialized medicine in any form, and against illegal immigration. No liberal would ever vote a democrat like that unless they were a die hard democrat who thinks a conservative democrat is better than a liberal republican any day of the week. I realize that you as a liberal it is in your best interests if a liberal republican gets elected because a liberal republican will enact liberal laws, appoint liberal supreme court judges and many other things that liberals want. So people like you will lie and paint others as extremist for outing liberal republicans.
    Ah, since you so well know "people like me" then why did you say I would not vote for a Democrat who had the prevailing conservative posture on those issues? The fact of the matter is, I could accept a Democrat that had the conservative views on everyone of your so-called very important issues except one. You see, I think they are all silly issues; perhaps the right thing to debate in steadier times but practically irrelevant now. But you knew that because you already know how "people like me" think.

    BTW... the one issue on which I am very liberal is healthcare. I think our current healthcare delivery system is a complete disgrace. It is one of the most inefficient, if not the most inefficient, in the first world. I can accept a private approach, but only with heavy regulation, which is pretty much how it worked into the 1970s. Healthcare is a crisis and therefore the candidate needs the right view on it for my vote. I did not like Obama's approach, but at least he had the guts to move the ball in the right direction....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •