View Poll Results: Are people who use the race card racist?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 59.26%
  • No

    9 33.33%
  • I don't know

    2 7.41%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77

Thread: Racists?

  1. #41
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You say racism is ambiguous, yet you say what is and isn't racism. Tell me yours, and I'll tell you mine. Might as well make it a party.

    To me, calling others racist unfairly to advance your own or your race's cause is, imo, racist.
    So you just make up definitions?

  2. #42
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You say racism is ambiguous, yet you say what is and isn't racism. Tell me yours, and I'll tell you mine. Might as well make it a party.

    To me, calling others racist unfairly to advance your own or your race's cause is, imo, racist.
    I put an actual definition in my first post in this thread. Your turn. By the way, it is a good idea to define terms you are using, especially if you are using nonstandard definitions.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dixieland South
    Last Seen
    10-11-11 @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    364

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If you moved out because black people moved in and they are inferior, then that is racism. If you moved out due to declining home values and crime, that is not.
    If you read it again. What I ask is if Undesirables filter in your neighborhood.
    I did not indicate any particular color or race......But you indicated Black People.

    You see that's my point. Everyone has a different mind set....Is it racist?

    Nahhhh - Just human nature.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Racists?

    Frequently using the race-card may be dishonest and stupid, but its not racist.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    So you just make up definitions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I put an actual definition in my first post in this thread. Your turn. By the way, it is a good idea to define terms you are using, especially if you are using nonstandard definitions.
    Never said race-baiting was racism. You should know that instead of claiming that I make up definitions. Anyways, since people ask for the definition of racism for the 500th time, ad nauseum, then here it is:

    rac·ism (rszm)
    n.
    1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    racist adj. & n.

    The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    racism [ˈreɪsɪzəm], racialism [ˈreɪʃəˌlɪzəm]
    n
    1. (Sociology) the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others
    2. (Sociology) abusive or aggressive behaviour towards members of another race on the basis of such a belief
    racist , racialist n & adj
    Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    racism
    1. a belief that human races have distinctive characteristics that determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one’s race is superior and has the right to control others.
    2. a belief in a policy of enforcing the asserted right of control. — racist, n., adj.
    See also: Attitudes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    a belief that human races have distinctive characteristics that determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one’s race is superior and has the right to control others. — racist, adj.
    See also: Race
    Calling out racism, true racism, isn't racist. But race-baiting, in which you throw in race unfairly to bait your opponent, while also used to further your race's ends, IS racism.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Frequently using the race-card may be dishonest and stupid, but its not racist.
    It's racist because you're injecting race into the conversation insincerely to further the ends of your race. It's racism.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It's racist because you're injecting race into the conversation insincerely to further the ends of your race. It's racism.
    that's not the definition of racism.

    at least not an accurate & sophisticated one.

  8. #48
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    If you read it again. What I ask is if Undesirables filter in your neighborhood.
    I did not indicate any particular color or race......But you indicated Black People.

    You see that's my point. Everyone has a different mind set....Is it racist?

    Nahhhh - Just human nature.
    No, you seem to not understand my comments. I gave an example of both racism and nonracism. For racism to exist, there has to be a race involved.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #49
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    She called your exposition "drivel", and you thank her?

    Odd.
    Not really.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Racists?

    Racism is the belief that some races are superior to other races.

    So where is the racism in the OP? There is none.

    Yes, there is idiocy & dishonesty...but no racism.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •