View Poll Results: Are people who use the race card racist?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 59.26%
  • No

    9 33.33%
  • I don't know

    2 7.41%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: Racists?

  1. #31
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    A person being a racist does not make them evil....That is the liberal way of thinking mentality.

    Here is a simple example.
    You have lived in a nice clean, crime free all White neighborhood for many years.
    Suddenly within a few years and months, undesirables start to filter in, and your home values decline, all type of crime starts to present itself. Now you are the minority in that neighborhood. You fear for yours and your families lives.
    So, you decide to move out, and relocate to another place far away.
    Are you a Racist for doing that.?

    Give me a simple YES or NO
    The undesirables could be white, so no.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    A person being a racist does not make them evil....That is the liberal way of thinking mentality.

    Here is a simple example.
    You have lived in a nice clean, crime free all White neighborhood for many years.
    Suddenly within a few years and months, undesirables start to filter in, and your home values decline, all type of crime starts to present itself. Now you are the minority in that neighborhood. You fear for yours and your families lives.
    So, you decide to move out, and relocate to another place far away.
    Are you a Racist for doing that.?

    Give me a simple YES or NO
    If you moved out because black people moved in and they are inferior, then that is racism. If you moved out due to declining home values and crime, that is not.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    A person being a racist does not make them evil....That is the liberal way of thinking mentality.

    Here is a simple example.
    You have lived in a nice clean, crime free all White neighborhood for many years.
    Suddenly within a few years and months, undesirables start to filter in, and your home values decline, all type of crime starts to present itself. Now you are the minority in that neighborhood. You fear for yours and your families lives.
    So, you decide to move out, and relocate to another place far away.
    Are you a Racist for doing that.?

    Give me a simple YES or NO
    Illogical comparison. Firstly, I'm Asian, so if I live in a wealthy white neighborhood, I would be the minority. Don't generalize. The world is composed of other people, not just Caucasians.
    Secondly, they might be white punks. Who knows?
    Thirdly, I know that you accept racism and gladly embrace it. I have no time for such racists and bigots
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Illogical comparison. Firstly, I'm Asian, so if I live in a wealthy white neighborhood, I would be the minority. Don't generalize. The world is composed of other people, not just Caucasians.
    Secondly, they might be white punks. Who knows?
    Thirdly, I know that you accept racism and gladly embrace it. I have no time for such racists and bigots
    Actually, the wealthy neighborhood I live in, whites are the minority(slightly). We have several black professional athletes(retired) and parents of professional athletes, and the mother of some rap singer I never heard of, and a couple black lawyers. Herman Cain lives not far from here and belongs to the country club that also runs the neighborhood.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Racists?

    First, I was born in Dixie and moved back as soon my husband retired from the military. Dixie solution's drivel does not represent the thinking of the majority of us rebels. I do wish you guys wouldn't quote him/her.

    Playing the race card is not evidence of racism. It is pointing out that someone is feeling that they are being treated differently because of their race or pointing out racism within a group. Alas, racism is alive and well in the US. Just look at assumptions by several that most Hispanics are here illegally and therefore criminals in discussions of immigration. Look the many negative references to 'rag-heads' on this forum.
    I don't want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was wedding between the religious fundamentalists and political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it. ~ Billy Graham in Parade magazine February 1, 1981.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dixieland South
    Last Seen
    10-11-11 @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    364

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    First, I was born in Dixie and moved back as soon my husband retired from the military. Dixie solution's drivel does not represent the thinking of the majority of us rebels. I do wish you guys wouldn't quote him/her.

    Playing the race card is not evidence of racism. It is pointing out that someone is feeling that they are being treated differently because of their race or pointing out racism within a group. Alas, racism is alive and well in the US. Just look at assumptions by several that most Hispanics are here illegally and therefore criminals in discussions of immigration. Look the many negative references to 'rag-heads' on this forum.
    Finally a voice of logic and reason....AMEN.

    Thanks for that statement.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    First, I was born in Dixie and moved back as soon my husband retired from the military. Dixie solution's drivel does not represent the thinking of the majority of us rebels. I do wish you guys wouldn't quote him/her.

    Playing the race card is not evidence of racism. It is pointing out that someone is feeling that they are being treated differently because of their race or pointing out racism within a group. Alas, racism is alive and well in the US. Just look at assumptions by several that most Hispanics are here illegally and therefore criminals in discussions of immigration. Look the many negative references to 'rag-heads' on this forum.
    Based on my experience I disagree. I'm black, and was poor. Worked hard to improve myself.

    Playing the race card for selfish/insincere reasons is racist. It is not always "pointing out that someone is feeling that they are being treated differently because of their race or pointing out racism within a group." Perhaps you don't think blacks can use the race card to further their own selfish ends, or because they despise the white folk? My cousins are just one example, and since they're family and in close proximity to my, I can easily reason that there are quite a bit others that do so as well. Racism is alive and well. Not only your views of racism, but the racism you can't see, such as affirmative action and other such "more fair" institutions.

    As for illegal immigrants, they ARE breaking the law. How about China? They racist for not allowing undocumented/illegal immigrants from surrounding nations? It's not racism if people want to uphold the law. You think it's racist to be against illegal mimmigration then you'd better think borders and documentation for all nations must cease to exist.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    Finally a voice of logic and reason....AMEN.

    Thanks for that statement.
    She called your exposition "drivel", and you thank her?

    Odd.

  9. #39
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Based on my experience I disagree. I'm black, and was poor. Worked hard to improve myself.

    Playing the race card for selfish/insincere reasons is racist. It is not always "pointing out that someone is feeling that they are being treated differently because of their race or pointing out racism within a group." Perhaps you don't think blacks can use the race card to further their own selfish ends, or because they despise the white folk? My cousins are just one example, and since they're family and in close proximity to my, I can easily reason that there are quite a bit others that do so as well. Racism is alive and well. Not only your views of racism, but the racism you can't see, such as affirmative action and other such "more fair" institutions.

    As for illegal immigrants, they ARE breaking the law. How about China? They racist for not allowing undocumented/illegal immigrants from surrounding nations? It's not racism if people want to uphold the law. You think it's racist to be against illegal mimmigration then you'd better think borders and documentation for all nations must cease to exist.
    For your comment to be true, "racism" has to have a different meaning than it is defined as having. What definition of the word are you using?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Racists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    For your comment to be true, "racism" has to have a different meaning than it is defined as having. What definition of the word are you using?
    You say racism is ambiguous, yet you say what is and isn't racism. Tell me yours, and I'll tell you mine. Might as well make it a party.

    To me, calling others racist unfairly to advance your own or your race's cause is, imo, racist.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •