View Poll Results: How long will you blame Bush

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than one more year

    0 0%
  • Until this term is over

    0 0%
  • Forever.

    33 76.74%
  • I'm done blaming Bush.

    10 23.26%
Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 837

Thread: How long will you "blame Bush"?

  1. #461
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    so ineffective that international or even domestic terrorist groups failed to attack the US homeland again during the rest of the Clinton Administration.

    ..and then Shrub showed up, and 8 months later we had 9-11.

    Thanks Shrub.
    You realize, of course, that the planning for that attack took much longer than eight months, and was well underway well before the 2000 elections, much less Bush's inauguration. As the attack was being planned, the attackers had no way of knowing—nor did they care—who would be President at the time the attack finally took place. They had the Clinton Administration's inaction and incompetence to create the opportunity for them to carry out this attack, and they reasonably expected that even if we got a competent President in place in the next election cycle, that they would be able to carry out the attack before the new President had time to recognize the threat and act on it anyway.

    I do not think there is any case that can possibly be plausibly made, that, had Clintons' term somehow extended another year, that with him still as President, that the 9/11 attacks would not have taken place exactly the same way they did with Bush as President. Clinton's administration, in spite of the warning in 1993, had done nothing of any value to prevent such an attack.

    We could speculate about how 9/11 might have played out differently—if at all— if the new administration had been in power long enough to have had time to do anything about that threat; but that would only be speculation.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 09-25-11 at 12:22 AM. Reason: A man without a forklift is nothing. May the Forks be with you.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    You realize, of course, that the planning for that attack took much longer than eight months, and was well underway well before the 2000 elections, much less Bush's inauguration..
    Yes, and based on the clear FACT that Clinton took terrorism much more seriously than Shrub, its only intelligent to assume that had Clinton been in office during the rest of 2001, the attacks would have been discovered and prevented.

  3. #463
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    clinton's impotent response to WTC I is what embolden Osama Bin Wasted to plan the second attack and commence it under clinton's regime



  4. #464
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yes, and based on the clear FACT that Clinton took terrorism much more seriously than Shrub, its only intelligent to assume that had Clinton been in office during the rest of 2001, the attacks would have been discovered and prevented.
    More myths and more surrealistic BS



  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    More myths and more surrealistic BS
    really? how so?

  6. #466
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    More myths and more surrealistic Thunderous BS
    Fixed it for you.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    attacking other members does your argument in this thread zero justice. if anything, it makes it less relevent and worth considering.

  8. #468
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    attacking other members does your argument in this thread zero justice. if anything, it makes it less relevent and worth considering.
    I guess you think that posting threats via private messages is better?
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    I guess you think that posting threats via private messages is better?
    someone threatened you via PM?

  10. #470
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    I guess you think that posting threats via private messages is better?
    If someone is making threats towards you then you should report them. No need to try to bring it up in threads.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •