View Poll Results: How long will you blame Bush

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than one more year

    0 0%
  • Until this term is over

    0 0%
  • Forever.

    33 76.74%
  • I'm done blaming Bush.

    10 23.26%
Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 837

Thread: How long will you "blame Bush"?

  1. #291
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post

    Pete are the people here that are as predictable as pulling a string. There is no value in talking to them because they are mindless ideologues. You didnt used ta qualify...now? Yeah...Pete.
    This is fascinating ... someone posts how Bush was better than Obama -- I show (at least in terms of unemployment) that's not true ... other posters complain that Obama didn't keep his word and pull the troops out of Iraq -- I show that Obama did kleep his word ... you post how the national debt was 9 trillion when Obama became president and has increased 6.5 trillion since then -- I prove you were wrong on both accounts.

    So right there are three examples where all I did was set the facts straight -- you claim there is "no value in talking to me" because I am posting facts. So what is there value in? People making fallacious claims that Bush was better than Obama? People making fallacious claims that Obama left 90% of the troop in Iraq? People making fallacious claims that the debt was 9 trillion when Obama became president and has risen 6.5 trillion since? Is that where you find value? Not in those who are actually setting the record straight when others post fallacious claims?


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post

    But clubbing like a baby seal? Sriously? You think you warrant so much as an increase in blood pressure?
    Well you claimed the national debt was 9 trillion at a time it was actually 10.6 trillion

    You claimed the debt increased 6.5 trillion when it actually increased 4.1 trillion

    You claimed the debt has risen faster since Obama became president when it's actually risen at about the same pace as it did during Bush's final 16 months in office.

    To defend your claim that the debt increased 6.5 trillion under Obama you hysterically pointed to what the current debt ceiling is, not what the current debt is.

    And I shot all of that down with links to U.S. Department of the Treasury which proved you wrong on every account; whereas you provided no links (which you couldn't since your numbers were simply made up) to bakcup your nonsense. Maybe you don't like to think of yourself as getting clubbed like a baby with the fact club, but really, what's wrong about that euphemism?

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    but you are the one defending Obama. it doesn't matter how crappy Bush WAS, it does nothing to take away from how crappy Obama IS

    that's like defending Jeff Dahmer by saying Ted Bundy killed more
    No, it's actually like supporters of Ted Bundy crying that Jeffrey Dahmer was a killer.

  3. #293
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yep, Obama is Bushlite. what is sadly funny is that those who bashed Bush the hardest are the most rabid Obama supporters. their partisanship blinds them from the truth that Obama is Bubba to Bush's Forrest.
    That's an odd thing to say given that most of the bush* critics in this thread are not pleased (to say the least) with Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #294
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    This is fascinating ... someone posts how Bush was better than Obama -- I show (at least in terms of unemployment) that's not true ... other posters complain that Obama didn't keep his word and pull the troops out of Iraq -- I show that Obama did kleep his word ... you post how the national debt was 9 trillion when Obama became president and has increased 6.5 trillion since then -- I prove you were wrong on both accounts.

    So right there are three examples where all I did was set the facts straight -- you claim there is "no value in talking to me" because I am posting facts. So what is there value in? People making fallacious claims that Bush was better than Obama? People making fallacious claims that Obama left 90% of the troop in Iraq? People making fallacious claims that the debt was 9 trillion when Obama became president and has risen 6.5 trillion since? Is that where you find value? Not in those who are actually setting the record straight when others post fallacious claims?



    Well you claimed the national debt was 9 trillion at a time it was actually 10.6 trillion

    You claimed the debt increased 6.5 trillion when it actually increased 4.1 trillion

    You claimed the debt has risen faster since Obama became president when it's actually risen at about the same pace as it did during Bush's final 16 months in office.

    To defend your claim that the debt increased 6.5 trillion under Obama you hysterically pointed to what the current debt ceiling is, not what the current debt is.

    And I shot all of that down with links to U.S. Department of the Treasury which proved you wrong on every account; whereas you provided no links (which you couldn't since your numbers were simply made up) to bakcup your nonsense. Maybe you don't like to think of yourself as getting clubbed like a baby with the fact club, but really, what's wrong about that euphemism?
    In wingnut world, posting the facts is a case of "defending and excusing Obama" while posting nonsense about bush* is non-partisan
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #295
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's an odd thing to say given that most of the bush* critics in this thread are not pleased (to say the least) with Obama
    I think it's true on both sides and an indicator as to how blindly partisan our political circus has become. People will reverse their arguments depending on whether someone has a D or an R next to their name. There's no honesty or consistency left; just blind party allegiance. Bush was great when he did it; Obama sucks when he does the same thing. And vice versa. It's the dumbing down of our political arena, the loss of intelligence isn't a good thing.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    yep, Obama is Bushlite. what is sadly funny is that those who bashed Bush the hardest are the most rabid Obama supporters. their partisanship blinds them from the truth that Obama is Bubba to Bush's Forrest.
    Hey, at least they're not claiming that leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq out of more than 140,000 who were there when Obama became president is "90%" and then calling others ignorant for not knowing that."



  7. #297
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Really?

    Sources?
    Here is Bush in his own words!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #298
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think it's true on both sides and an indicator as to how blindly partisan our political circus has become. People will reverse their arguments depending on whether someone has a D or an R next to their name. There's no honesty or consistency left; just blind party allegiance. Bush was great when he did it; Obama sucks when he does the same thing. And vice versa. It's the dumbing down of our political arena, the loss of intelligence isn't a good thing.
    But I don't see any bush* critics saying that Obama is doing a good job on the economy, so I don't see the equivalency between the left and the right. Instead, I see large portions of the left complaining that Obama is a lot like bush* on a # of fronts (ex war, economy, govt secrecy, PATRIOT Act, SSM, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #299
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    No, it's actually like supporters of Ted Bundy crying that Jeffrey Dahmer was a killer.
    still doesn't change the fact that Dahmer was a killer.


    equivocate and quibble all you want, fact is Obama is a ****e POTUS
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #300
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How long will you "blame Bush"?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    still doesn't change the fact that Dahmer was a killer.


    equivocate and quibble all you want, fact is Obama is a ****e POTUS
    Gee, that wasn't partisan at all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •