View Poll Results: Should the U.S. start controlling our population?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    93 65.96%
  • No

    48 34.04%
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 314

Thread: Population Control

  1. #291
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and oddly enough, in none of those posts did I ever once mention "rape"
    Where did I say that you had? I am showing you how your arguement is flawed. That necessitates that I bring up something that you did not mention or did not consider.

    BTW that last quote of yours in that post of mine there was in direct response to where I did bring up rape. GG
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #292
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Where did I say that you had? I am showing you how your arguement is flawed. That necessitates that I bring up something that you did not mention or did not consider.

    BTW that last quote of yours in that post of mine there was in direct response to where I did bring up rape. GG

    how is my arguement flawed simply because there happens to be a small number of women who happen to be poor who are raped that have a kid.

    I made it clear that people who are poor or cannot support themselves through no fault of their own are not included.

    as i said, you cannot refute my arguement. so you bring up something that was never part of my arguement and try to argue against it.

    I did not mention rape because it was not part of my arguement. I also didn't mention one-legged circus monkeys either

    tell you what, since it obviously is such a big concern for you.... you get me some statistics on the number of women who are raped each year that actually become pregnant, the number of those who actually have the kid, and the number of those who are poor and....if that number is statistically significant I will address it.

    otherwise, it's a red herring and irrelevent to my position
    Last edited by OscarB63; 11-07-11 at 12:12 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Population Control

    Tell me, what happens if adults have children past the government's set limit? Iirc, China's doing a lovely job with their "killing houses."

  4. #294
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Tell me, what happens if adults have children past the government's set limit? Iirc, China's doing a lovely job with their "killing houses."
    snip, snip
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #295
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    how is my arguement flawed simply because there happens to be a small number of women who happen to be poor who are raped that have a kid.

    I made it clear that people who are poor or cannot support themselves through no fault of their own are not included.
    You might want to reword this as it says the exact opposite of what you have been saying.

    But lets see if I can get the gist of what you were trying to say. You basically didn't want the "or" part in there but instead wanted an "and" word in there instead? As I recall you made that statement in regards to people that were mentally unable to support themselves. A raped woman still has the mental capacity to support themselves. As such your one caveat does not include them.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    as i said, you cannot refute my arguement. so you bring up something that was never part of my arguement and try to argue against it.
    I'm not trying to refute your arguement. I have no need to for the simple fact that your arguement is completely without any human morals as such trying to refute it to someone who obviously believes it is pointless. Pointing out a simple flaw is sufficient enough for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I did not mention rape because it was not part of my arguement. I also didn't mention one-legged circus monkeys either
    Of course it wasn't a part of your arguement. You never thought of it. And there was no need to mention one-legged circus monkeys as they have nothing to do with this subject. Raped women vs your arguement however is valid to this discussion.

    Edit: BTW, your arguement is flawed for the simple fact that it does not take into account things beyond human control. Like raped women. It puts everyone into the same boat irregardless of actual circumstances beyond your one caveat of retardation.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 11-07-11 at 12:27 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #296
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    blah..blah..blah.
    raped women raped women

    change the record, it appears to be broken.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #297
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    raped women raped women

    change the record, it appears to be broken.
    Nice come back!
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #298
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Nice come back!
    simply pointing out that you are crying to make a major issue over something that was never part of my argument. still waiting on those rape statisitcs by the way, since it is such an important issue to you
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #299
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    simply pointing out that you are crying to make a major issue over something that was never part of my argument. still waiting on those rape statisitcs by the way, since it is such an important issue to you
    Tell me...do you know how to debate? You do know that people that are debating you will inevitably bring something up that wasn't orginally a part of your arguement in order to show you flaws right? Is that not the nature of debating? To show the person that you are debating flaws in thier arguement? And doesn't that necessitate bringing things up that wasn't a part of thier original arguement? Please tell me you know this?.....

    As for rape statistics...One, you never asked for them. Two irrelevant. Both you and I know that there are women out there that are raped and have the rapists child. How often it happens is irrelevant when compared to the fact that it does happen.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #300
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Tell me...do you know how to debate? You do know that people that are debating you will inevitably bring something up that wasn't orginally a part of your arguement in order to show you flaws right? Is that not the nature of debating? To show the person that you are debating flaws in thier arguement? And doesn't that necessitate bringing things up that wasn't a part of thier original arguement? Please tell me you know this?.....
    look up strawman.

    As for rape statistics...One, you never asked for them.
    see post #292

    Two irrelevant.
    you brought it up and keep harping on it, that makes it relevent

    Both you and I know that there are women out there that are raped and have the rapists child. How often it happens is irrelevant when compared to the fact that it does happen.
    and you and I both know that I was not, have never been and will never be talking about those women when I talk about poor stupid people having kids they can't support.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •