View Poll Results: Should the U.S. start controlling our population?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    93 65.96%
  • No

    48 34.04%
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 314

Thread: Population Control

  1. #271
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So you're perfectly willing to let kids suffer due to things beyond human control or because of rape. Good to know your stance on morality = 0.
    At some point, the strongest shall survive should kick in here. Many (myself included) certainly feel charitable and want to help those less fortunate but there's a limit and charity is the last and final step. People who are responsible for bringing these children in the world are ultimately responsible and are frequently left out of the conversation... we tend to run right away to it's society's responsibility and if society doesn't step up, society let's kids suffer. No, parents let the kids suffer.... the bleeding hearts I find hypocritical - what do they do to stave off the childrens suffering? They complain about everyone else's willingness to let the kids suffer....
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #272
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    sorry junior, you don't get to dictate what questions I ask. If you don't like it just admit that you can't answer it and move on.
    lmao, I can't answer a question if you are going to lie about the situation and use different words. Reword it correctly and I will consider answering it.

    Anyways, Junior (please capitalize pronouns) is off to school.

    Integrity:

    The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    EUSSR
    Last Seen
    03-24-14 @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,851

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    sorry you don't like it, but stupidity definitely is a choice. and spare me the tired lame old. the poor don't have opportunity crap.
    Wow, Buddha had a whole religion on stupidity (which is in fact ignorance). May be you should think about it.

  4. #274
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    At some point, the strongest shall survive should kick in here. Many (myself included) certainly feel charitable and want to help those less fortunate but there's a limit and charity is the last and final step. People who are responsible for bringing these children in the world are ultimately responsible and are frequently left out of the conversation... we tend to run right away to it's society's responsibility and if society doesn't step up, society let's kids suffer. No, parents let the kids suffer.... the bleeding hearts I find hypocritical - what do they do to stave off the childrens suffering? They complain about everyone else's willingness to let the kids suffer....
    So you think that a parent who went to college, got a good education (say they made straight A's), graduated and now can't find work, their children should be punished?

    (Sorry had to address this one before I stepped out the door. Now I'm really off to class.)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  5. #275
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    who said anything about rape? oh yeah....you brought up that red herring out of desperation. good to know your stance on integrity = 0.
    Does rape not happen? Is there some reason we shouldn't consider it? Or should we not consider it just because it shows how your position is flawed? You claim my integrity = 0 and yet you are the one saying that adding rape to this discussion is a red herring despite it being valid to bring up.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #276
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    lmao, I can't answer a question if you are going to lie about the situation and use different words. Reword it correctly and I will consider answering it.
    sorry sport, just because you can't bring yourself to admit the truth of the situation is no reason to call me a liar (talk about integrity )

    Anyways, Junior (please capitalize pronouns) is off to school.
    sorry, sport...you don't capitalize pronouns.

    Integrity:

    The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    nice, maybe you should try it some time
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #277
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Does rape not happen? Is there some reason we shouldn't consider it? Or should we not consider it just because it shows how your position is flawed? You claim my integrity = 0 and yet you are the one saying that adding rape to this discussion is a red herring despite it being valid to bring up.
    show me anywhere where I said rape was a stupid behavior or that women who are raped are stupid. It a red herring, plain and simple. You brought it up because you were losing ground otherwise.

    my claim that you have ZERO integrity stems from the FACT that you brought up the rape angle and then argued against it as if I had argued in favor of punishing rape victims.

    FWIW...rape is not a stupid behavior on the part of the victim, therefore cases of rape are not relevent to my arguement.

    If you'd like to continue arguing that strawman....knock yourself out
    Last edited by OscarB63; 11-07-11 at 11:19 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #278
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    So you think that a parent who went to college, got a good education (say they made straight A's), graduated and now can't find work, their children should be punished?

    (Sorry had to address this one before I stepped out the door. Now I'm really off to class.)
    If you went to college, graduated and can't find work...then you are a stupid mother ****er if you have a child and then yes..... you should be punished, severely, for being that ****ing stupid.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #279
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    At some point, the strongest shall survive should kick in here. Many (myself included) certainly feel charitable and want to help those less fortunate but there's a limit and charity is the last and final step. People who are responsible for bringing these children in the world are ultimately responsible and are frequently left out of the conversation... we tend to run right away to it's society's responsibility and if society doesn't step up, society let's kids suffer. No, parents let the kids suffer.... the bleeding hearts I find hypocritical - what do they do to stave off the childrens suffering? They complain about everyone else's willingness to let the kids suffer....
    The "strongest shall survive" mentality went the way of the dodo a long time ago when it comes to humans.

    And yeah..i'm sure you do feel charitable. Until it comes to the point that you can't get your 8th fancy new car right? (yes that was an exaggeration and not solely directed at you Ockham.)
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #280
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    sorry sport, just because you can't bring yourself to admit the truth of the situation is no reason to call me a liar (talk about integrity )

    sorry, sport...you don't capitalize pronouns.



    nice, maybe you should try it some time
    Correct, I meant proper nouns.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •