View Poll Results: Should the U.S. start controlling our population?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    93 65.96%
  • No

    48 34.04%
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 314

Thread: Population Control

  1. #171
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    I like how the republicans in this thread are crying like child wellfare is a big tax sump.

    North Carolina
    Child Welfare Financing

    In SFY 1996 (7/1/95–6/30/96), North Carolina spent $162,154,210 on child welfare services, or about $93 per child under 18 in the state. Approximately half of the state's spending came from federal funds, a proportion slightly higher than the national average. Over one-quarter of the state's spending came from local funds, a larger proportion than found in most other states. North Carolina relied more heavily on Emergency Assistance funds for child welfare services than the nation as a whole did. Compared with the national average, the state spent a smaller proportion of federal and state funds on out-of-home placement.
    State Child Welfare Spending at a Glance: A Supplemental Report to the Cost of Protecting Vulnerable Children if you want to check your state.

    Who here things 162 million dollars is a lot for us to take care of children? Oh, and just to really slam the Conservatives, notice that federal funding, over HALF OF IT!
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #172
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I like how the republicans in this thread are crying like child wellfare is a big tax sump.



    State Child Welfare Spending at a Glance: A Supplemental Report to the Cost of Protecting Vulnerable Children if you want to check your state.

    Who here things 162 million dollars is a lot for us to take care of children? Oh, and just to really slam the Conservatives, notice that federal funding, over HALF OF IT!
    why should I spend even a penny to take care of someone else's children? did they ever lift a finger to help take care of mine?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #173
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    why should I spend even a penny to take care of someone else's children? did they ever lift a finger to help take care of mine?
    Doesn't matter, are you okay with letting children suffer because you don't want to pay taxes?
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  4. #174
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I like how the republicans in this thread are crying like child wellfare is a big tax sump.



    State Child Welfare Spending at a Glance: A Supplemental Report to the Cost of Protecting Vulnerable Children if you want to check your state.

    Who here things 162 million dollars is a lot for us to take care of children? Oh, and just to really slam the Conservatives, notice that federal funding, over HALF OF IT!
    So you're using one state as an example of 162 million dollars and that state is North Carolina? Add all the states, add in all the Federal money, add in all the charitable donations, and look at the big picture. What you're doing, and it's obvious, is cherry picking and whining about what conservatives think. At least be intellectually honest and look at the big picture - or don't bother.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #175
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Doesn't matter, are you okay with letting children suffer because you don't want to pay taxes?
    why should I care, when their own parents don't care enough to take care of them?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #176
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    why should I care, when their own parents don't care enough to take care of them?
    You didn't know you were personally responsible for all children did you.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #177
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So you're using one state as an example of 162 million dollars and that state is North Carolina? Add all the states, add in all the Federal money, add in all the charitable donations, and look at the big picture. What you're doing, and it's obvious, is cherry picking and whining about what conservatives think. At least be intellectually honest and look at the big picture - or don't bother.
    If you have a problem with the data the link is in your quote. More data from that site:
    According to our survey, states spent at least $14.4 billion in federal, state, and local funds in state fiscal year (SFY) 1996 on child welfare services. Because we know that our estimate undercounts federal funding for at least 14 states, state spending in four states, and local spending in 12 states, the $14.4 billion estimate is a conservative lower bound.4 Total spending per child across responding states (49) averaged $194.
    (Note 2 states Hawaii and Virginia declined to participate in the study)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #178
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    why should I care, when their own parents don't care enough to take care of them?
    Because they are innocent children, why should you punish them because you don't "care"? Also, I'd like to add, your children benefit more from the way society is setup.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  9. #179
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    If you have a problem with the data the link is in your quote.
    Strawman... I have no problem with the data, I have a problem with you cherry picking data that agrees with your views and presenting it as a universal truth. Get it yet?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #180
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Population Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Because they are innocent children, why should you punish them because you don't "care"? Also, I'd like to add, your children benefit more from the way society is setup.
    How is he punishing them? Why are you punishing them? Why are you on the internet on a political forum when you should be out taking care of the poor children who are starving? How do you live with yourself?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •