View Poll Results: Do you think socialism could have succeeded if capitalism wasn't standing on the way?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't know

    3 2.88%
  • Don't care

    3 2.88%
  • Absolutely

    10 9.62%
  • I think it could

    16 15.38%
  • I think it couldn't

    17 16.35%
  • No way

    55 52.88%
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 502

Thread: Socialism could have succeeded?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    02-23-12 @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    791

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    The first thing one must do is demarcate socialism from state capitalism. All socialism means is that workers own the means of production and decide in a democratic way on how to use these resources in order to produce goods and services.

    The best examples that I have is Mondragon, Tito's Yugoslavia, ESOPs.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West Los Angeles, California
    Last Seen
    03-22-12 @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    92

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    In my opinion "American socialism" is still being defined. In 2008 the Wall Street Bail Out was a major step toward socialism. I really wonder how much influence we taxpayers actually have with our shares of the major banks. No one seems to talk about that. One thing for sure. When the history is written about American socialism, the Republicans will get credit for kicking it off with the Wall Street Bail Out and TARP.

    Last edited by L. A. Fairfax; 09-17-11 at 09:00 PM.

  3. #93
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    Quote Originally Posted by L. A. Fairfax View Post
    In my opinion "American socialism" is still being defined. In 2008 the Wall Street Bail Out was a major step toward socialism. I really wonder how much influence we taxpayers actually have with our shares of the major banks. No one seems to talk about that. One thing for sure. When the history is written about American socialism, the Republicans will get credit for kicking it off with the Wall Street Bail Out and TARP.
    Your right, sad but true.

  4. #94
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    Yes, I believe it could have succeeded if I were an angry, heady leftist.
    Caitlyn Strong...

  5. #95
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I didn't say that.
    You can't even have a debate without reframing the argument to suite your personal dishonesty.
    No, you never said it

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    You're one of those people that believe the only way people learn stuff is through schools.
    Sad, I guess all new workers that come to a construction company are perfectly knowledgeable, about the entire construction process, and will never learn anything new and beneficial about construction.
    You said this in response to my claim that the education system the US is socialized.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #96
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    Well i would not say socialism is dead because i believe that socialism is succeeding... Capitalism has been going down the ****ter pretty fast.....


  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Windy City
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    397

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well i would not say socialism is dead because i believe that socialism is succeeding... Capitalism has been going down the ****ter pretty fast.....
    The pros of capitalism have far outweighed the cons at this point. I attribute 99% of the conveniences of my modern lifestyle to capitalism, including my computer, fresh tap water (which is delivered efficiently and safely to my faucet), easy access to food, internet/search engines, iPhone ect.

    I wouldn't quickly dismiss Capitalism and say it's on its way out just because of a few crooks in the financial realm. Imagine if we dismissed capitalism after the 1929 crash?
    Last edited by David D.; 09-18-11 at 04:52 PM.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, you never said it
    I didn't, thanks for admitting you were being dishonest.


    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You said this in response to my claim that the education system the US is socialized.
    Yep, which is not the same as me saying that, "construction companies are in education industry."
    I never said that.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #99
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    The pros of capitalism have far outweighed the cons at this point. I attribute 99% of the conveniences of my modern lifestyle to capitalism, including my computer, fresh tap water (which is delivered efficiently and safely to my faucet), easy access to food, internet/search engines, iPhone ect.

    I wouldn't quickly dismiss Capitalism and say it's on its way out just because of a few crooks in the financial realm. Imagine if we dismissed capitalism after the 1929 crash?
    All of the things you mentioned would not exist if it weren't for socialistic actions by our govt.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #100
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Socialism could have succeeded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I didn't, thanks for admitting you were being dishonest.




    Yep, which is not the same as me saying that, "construction companies are in education industry."
    I never said that.
    Sure it's the same thing. Why else would you mention the construction companies that build schools if not to make the argument that the school system wasn't a form of socialism?

    Actually, you need not explain. Your dishonesty of your argument has already been revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •