Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

  1. #1
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

    Listening to the Tea Party debate i heard non-stop accusations that its Obama's fault for the US's current economic and job problems. What SPECIFICALLY has Obama done to cause or to contribute to the current economic and job crisis, if anything?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #2
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

    d'oh. Thought the poll option was automatic. Any mod please add a "yes" "no" "i dont know" poll with the title of this thread as the question.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  3. #3
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    d'oh. Thought the poll option was automatic. Any mod please add a "yes" "no" "i dont know" poll with the title of this thread as the question.
    The depression is the "Great GWSnotForBrains Depression." but Obama did not have to bail out the banks. Saved a boatload of non productive service jobs and developed zero programs to create real jobs. Now we own the boat with all the "dud" mortgages and just wait for the next big wave.

  4. #4
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Listening to the Tea Party debate i heard non-stop accusations that its Obama's fault for the US's current economic and job problems. What SPECIFICALLY has Obama done to cause or to contribute to the current economic and job crisis, if anything?
    Certainly, all the billions of dollars that he squandered on fraudulent, wasteful “bailouts” and “stimuli” scams, driving this nation deeper into debt at a rate never before seen, had to have contributed significantly to the current economic mess.

    In electing Obama to the White House in 2008, and at the same time handing Congress over to the Democrats, we basically handed the nation's checkbook and credit cards over to a gang of unruly, irresponsible, out-of-control teenagers. We can only hope that in 2012, we'll let grown-ups retake control of these things.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 09-15-11 at 05:55 AM. Reason: A man without a forklift is nothing. May the Forks be with you.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Certainly, all the billions of dollars that he squandered on fraudulent, wasteful “bailouts” and “stimuli” scams, driving this nation deeper into debt at a rate never before seen, had to have contributed significantly to the current economic mess.

    In electing Obama to the White House in 2008, and at the same time handing Congress over to the Democrats, we basically handed the nation's checkbook and credit cards over to a gang of unruly, irresponsible, out-of-control teenagers. We can only hope that in 2012, we'll let grown-ups retake control of these things.
    Yes, it is very adult to make up stories about how preventing mass bankruptcies is a waste of public resources. Mature and responsible, just like how the Republican Party carried itself throughout that credit rating debacle.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 09-15-11 at 02:20 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Certainly, all the billions of dollars that he squandered on fraudulent, wasteful “bailouts” and “stimuli” scams, driving this nation deeper into debt at a rate never before seen, had to have contributed significantly to the current economic mess.

    In electing Obama to the White House in 2008, and at the same time handing Congress over to the Democrats, we basically handed the nation's checkbook and credit cards over to a gang of unruly, irresponsible, out-of-control teenagers. We can only hope that in 2012, we'll let grown-ups retake control of these things.
    Umm, at the time Obama was elected in 2008, the debt was already increasing by an alarming rate of $1.5 trillion a year. How is Obama to blame for that? Shouldn't you be complaining about George Bush who was president at that time?

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Umm, at the time Obama was elected in 2008, the debt was already increasing by an alarming rate of $1.5 trillion a year. How is Obama to blame for that? Shouldn't you be complaining about George Bush who was president at that time?
    What's the difference?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post

    What's the difference?
    The difference is one of them helped create this mess while the other one didn't.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The difference is one of them helped create this mess while the other one didn't.
    What is the latter really doing differently?

  10. #10
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Did Obama contribute to the current US economic or employmnt crisis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Yes, it is very adult to make up stories about how preventing mass bankruptcies is a waste of public resources. Mature and responsible, just like how the Republican Party carried itself throughout that credit rating debacle.
    How'd that bailout go for Bank of America, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae?? They're all still limping along, and BofA is in big, big trouble.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •