Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 380

Thread: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Nothing is the "only solution".
    For every problem, there is a final solution.

  2. #272
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    For every problem, there is a final solution.
    I think there are almost always several solutions, either used in combination with one another or individually that, if excuted correctly, can return a positive result when a problem exists. To say the "only solution" is single payer health care (which is far from perfect) or the "only solution" is to completely deregulate all aspects of medicine or any other stupid idea....that's just narrow minded and defeatist, IMO.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #273
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire X View Post
    Ron Paul is living in a fantasy world. When people don't have health insurance and cannot afford their health treatment, they either get lucky and have someone else help them out or they die. Thousands of Americans die each year because they can't afford healthcare. This study found that uninsured Americans are 1.8 times as likely to die as insured ones:

    http://www.pnhp.org/excessdeaths/hea...-US-adults.pdf
    You do realize that people in countries with universal healthcare die too. And they die there too because of the quality and availability of healthcare albeit for different reasons than ours. We've manufactured another crisis in this country to force drastic measures in healthcare all for political reasons. Everything the government has done has made healthcare more expensive and less avalable to the public and it is only going to get worse when we have a universal healthcare system. We have a healthcare system that has amazing technology and treatments and gifted doctors and medical personnel. There is no way that a government can pay for everyone to have the highest level of care. Not possible. We had a perfect solution to help people get the basic care and catastrophic care they need through our existing Medicare and Medicade programs. There was absolutely no need to create an all emcompassing government healthcare system. Use the existing system, streamline it, make it more efficient, make sure it targets only the people who truly need the help, get rich people off the Medicare roles that can afford their own insurance and move on. But no, political factions are going to continue to play the have and have not game and screw it up for everyone. For some people If everyone in the country is not equally miserable or equally happy its all wrong and it all has to change. Then when that doesn't work, we have to change again.

    Oh, and for the person who started this thread. Your entire premise was dishonest and another ridiculous exaggeration.
    Last edited by jambalaya; 09-16-11 at 11:14 AM.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I think there are almost always several solutions, either used in combination with one another or individually that, if excuted correctly, can return a positive result when a problem exists.
    Yes. That was my point in my previous repsonse.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Jambalya said:

    Oh, and for the person who started this thread. Your entire premise was dishonest and another ridiculous exaggeration.
    If you mean I misunderstood what Paul said,I already apologized. If you mean the question is not worth asking, I disagree.

  6. #276
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die? Hell, we should assist them.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die? Hell, we should assist them.
    Well, if they are uninsured because they are poor, we already do. Did you have more in mind? Payments to their families for neglecting them to death, mayhaps? Easier access to poisons in poor neighborhoods?

  8. #278
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Well, if they are uninsured because they are poor, we already do. Did you have more in mind? Payments to their families for neglecting them to death, mayhaps? Easier access to poisons in poor neighborhoods?
    I'm sorry, there is nothing in the consitution that says you have a right to medical treatment.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I'm sorry, there is nothing in the consitution that says you have a right to medical treatment.
    This lame argument grates on me, tessaesque. So much of modern life is not contemplated by the original constitution. The Framers were not seers.

    Wanna dissasemble the NTSB as well?

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Should We Allow The Uninsured To Die?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I'm sorry, there is nothing in the consitution that says you have a right to medical treatment.
    More importantly...
    There's nothing in the Constitution that allows the goverment to force other people to provide medical treatment to you.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •