View Poll Results: Should we legalize all sex between consenting adults?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 75.00%
  • No

    14 25.00%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 217

Thread: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

  1. #101
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Not all problems are the same, and there is plenty of sexual slavery in the US now. Legalization has not always worked, even in the US. Nor has prohibition. There is no one magic formula (ex "Legalize it", "Ban it") that is guaranteed success.

    The legalization of prostitution in the Netherlands has resulted in increases in a number of crimes relating to drugs and sexual slavery and human trafficking. The legalization of certain financial institutions and practices has led our economy to crash. Legalization, regulation, prohibition, de-regulation - none of these are cure-alls. Each situation requires it's own set of policies to deal with it. And the fact remains that very very few people become prostitutes without there being some form of coercion involved
    blah blah blah
    so you have no logic to support your nonsense of a claim would happen here in america, I get it.

    All you are offering now is things that nobody said. Who said there is a "magic formula" i certainly didnt, as a matter of fact I said the opposite, I said "nothing works perfect"

    and your last stat is also MEANINGLESS to the debate
    why?
    because currently its illegal LOL

    of course something illegal most people are talked into, forced in to or do it in desperation, coercion could probably apply to the majority of CRIMES or things illegal.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    The law is quite irrelevant here for the most part. Adults do have sexual freedom anyway. What two consenting adults do in their own privacy can't fall under the purview of the law, even if the law wants it to. Think about sodomy laws. Have they actually succeeded in stopping it from happening? Doubtful. You can't put cameras in every person's bedroom so how do you expect to have any enforcement?

    The law is just a moral statement, and when it comes to adult sexuality that is consenting, the morality of the law is not only irrelevant, but it should be openly opposed. It's my body and my choice. That goes for everyone else. I was born into this life with free will and if I want to explore and enjoy my body to the fullest, I'm going to do it whether the law says it's okay or not.

    The only thing the law really does in this regard is hinder a person's agency. If something goes wrong or you are violated during an act that was initially consensual - i.e. rape - you won't get any sympathy. A lot of prostitutes who are raped have this problem. If they go to the law, they themselves are at risk for being arrested, even though what was done to them was illegal. Jury bias also works this way against prostitutes.

    Most laws instituting sexual morality need to go. I don't care what prudish conservatives think about their own bodies. Their own discomfort is none of my business, and my sex life is none of theirs.
    common sense and logic at its finest
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Forgot to add... I am also against legalizing prostitution. If you legalize it, then you also legalize the scum who engage in human trafficking that trap women (and their children) in all corners of the world. It's de facto indentured servitude.

    We should decriminalize the SEX WORKERS, while keeping sex trafficking illegal. This takes the power away from the pimps and other scum, and gives the sex workers free reign and agency to do what they want. They can stay, or they can go. It makes zero sense to be arresting sex workers. Either way you slice it, they are not doing anything wrong.

    However, decriminalization or legalization is a tough sell because the upper crust in our society doesn't want exposure. The current stereotype is that low life, lower class men seek sexual services. Actually, a high degree of white collar people seek those services, including politicians. They have the money and they can afford the best services. No one wants that kind of paper trail.

  4. #104
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    blah blah blah
    so you have no logic to support your nonsense of a claim would happen here in america, I get it.

    All you are offering now is things that nobody said. Who said there is a "magic formula" i certainly didnt, as a matter of fact I said the opposite, I said "nothing works perfect"

    and your last stat is also MEANINGLESS to the debate
    why?
    because currently its illegal LOL

    of course something illegal most people are talked into, forced in to or do it in desperation, coercion could probably apply to the majority of CRIMES or things illegal.
    blah, blah blah

    so you have no logic to support your nonsense of a claim would happen here in america, I get it.

    You have presented no evidence whatsoever. All you can do is claim that it wouldn't be the same here, even though there is clear evidence indicating the dangers prostitution presents to our society and to individuals

    Even more ridiculous is your claim that most crimes are committed by people who are coerced into engaging in criminal behavior while ignoring that thousands (if not millions) of women and children are coerced into prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Forgot to add... I am also against legalizing prostitution. If you legalize it, then you also legalize the scum who engage in human trafficking that trap women (and their children) in all corners of the world. It's de facto indentured servitude.
    We should decriminalize the SEX WORKERS, while keeping sex trafficking illegal. This takes the power away from the pimps and other scum, and gives the sex workers free reign and agency to do what they want. They can stay, or they can go. It makes zero sense to be arresting sex workers. Either way you slice it, they are not doing anything wrong.
    However, decriminalization or legalization is a tough sell because the upper crust in our society doesn't want exposure. The current stereotype is that low life, lower class men seek sexual services. Actually, a high degree of white collar people seek those services, including politicians. They have the money and they can afford the best services. No one wants that kind of paper trail.

    I think your distinguising between decriminalizing the prostitutes but not the pimps and johns was brilliant! Good work
    Last edited by sangha; 09-09-11 at 04:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #105
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    Forgot to add... I am also against legalizing prostitution. If you legalize it, then you also legalize the scum who engage in human trafficking that trap women (and their children) in all corners of the world. It's de facto indentured servitude.

    We should decriminalize the SEX WORKERS, while keeping sex trafficking illegal. This takes the power away from the pimps and other scum, and gives the sex workers free reign and agency to do what they want. They can stay, or they can go. It makes zero sense to be arresting sex workers. Either way you slice it, they are not doing anything wrong.

    However, decriminalization or legalization is a tough sell because the upper crust in our society doesn't want exposure. The current stereotype is that low life, lower class men seek sexual services. Actually, a high degree of white collar people seek those services, including politicians. They have the money and they can afford the best services. No one wants that kind of paper trail.
    ???? how do you keep prostitution illegal but decriminalize sex workers?

    I understand what you are saying I dont want abusive pimps etc but they would go away with regulation.

    Im just confused on what you are saying?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #106
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    blah, blah blah

    so you have no logic to support your nonsense of a claim would happen here in america, I get it.

    You have presented no evidence whatsoever. All you can do is claim that it wouldn't be the same here, even though there is clear evidence indicating the dangers prostitution presents to our society and to individuals

    Even more ridiculous is your claim that most crimes are committed by people who are coerced into engaging in criminal behavior while ignoring that thousands (if not millions) of women and children are coerced into prostitution



    thats what I thought, you got nothing. When I present you with logic all you did is try to repeat me and fail but yet supplied nothing of your own. You made random blanket statements that mean nothing and nobody said.

    thanks LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #107
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    ???? how do you keep prostitution illegal but decriminalize sex workers?

    I understand what you are saying I dont want abusive pimps etc but they would go away with regulation.

    Im just confused on what you are saying?
    He didn't say make prostitution legal but decriminalize sex workers.

    And abusive pimps wouldn't go away with regulation. Abusive employers haven't gone away with regulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #108
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    thats what I thought, you got nothing. When I present you with logic all you did is try to repeat me and fail but yet supplied nothing of your own. You made random blanket statements that mean nothing and nobody said.

    thanks LMAO
    Unlike you, I have posted evidence about what happens when you make prostitution illegal. You've posted nothing but your own claims, devoid of any supporting evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #109
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    He didn't say make prostitution legal but decriminalize sex workers.

    And abusive pimps wouldn't go away with regulation. Abusive employers haven't gone away with regulation.
    oh good lord more dishonesty

    so are you suggesting that what pimps typically are today (women beaters, drug users, scums, criminals) wouldnt change if prostitution was legal and regulated?

    you get there would be job codes and health codes and now there would be all the laws that go with something legal right?

    all "pimps" or madams, sirs, supervisors what ever you call them could have criminal records, would have to pass a drug test, there services would get inspected to make sure of no health violations or code violations etc etc etc

    so yes in general pimps would NOT exist in the LEGAL REGULATED world. They would still though on the smaller shrinking black market illegal world though.

    Its like you think that once its legal that the only changes people want is not arresting pimps and prostitutes????

    Nope thats not it, we want it regulated. Just like I cant decided to just randomly be a home builder. I got city codes, state codes, county codes and inspectors to deal with. Back ground checks, and auditors to deal with. All my workers have to be certified and of a certain age and qualification etc etc. I have to have certain qualification etc

    I think you skip over the word regulation and what that means in america. LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #110
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    oh good lord more dishonesty

    so are you suggesting that what pimps typically are today (women beaters, drug users, scums, criminals) wouldnt change if prostitution was legal and regulated?
    More dishonesty

    you get there would be job codes and health codes and now there would be all the laws that go with something legal right?
    We have all sorts of laws and people still break them


    all "pimps" or madams, sirs, supervisors what ever you call them could have criminal records, would have to pass a drug test, there services would get inspected to make sure of no health violations or code violations etc etc etc
    Umm, criminals rarely subject themselves to inspections.

    so yes in general pimps would NOT exist in the LEGAL REGULATED world. They would still though on the smaller shrinking black market illegal world though.
    You claim a shrinking black market, but present no evidence. Amsterdams experience indicates the otherwise. Illegal trafficking in humans and drugs has INCREASED since they legalized both


    Its like you think that once its legal that the only changes people want is not arresting pimps and prostitutes????
    It's like you think once it's legal the criminals will just obey the law


    Nope thats not it, we want it regulated. Just like I cant decided to just randomly be a home builder. I got city codes, state codes, county codes and inspectors to deal with. Back ground checks, and auditors to deal with. All my workers have to be certified and of a certain age and qualification etc etc. I have to have certain qualification etc
    And there's plenty of fraud in the construction industry. Plenty of organized crime too.

    And the sex industry is a lot different than the sex industry.

    I think you skip over the word regulation and what that means in america. LOL
    I'd say that you're the guilty one when it comes to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •