View Poll Results: Should we legalize all sex between consenting adults?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    42 75.00%
  • No

    14 25.00%
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 217

Thread: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

  1. #91
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Saying that doesn't make it true, no matter how many times you repeat it. Amsterdam experience demonstrates the faulty logic, and they regulate it and do all the other things that the "legalize it" crowd say we should do
    I think its 100% true
    those things you say HAPPEN RIGHT NOW.

    Making it legal would in fact make those things happen less because it would be regulated like other business. lol

    Not AS easy to make it mob run, or have minors or salves when the government is coming in doing inspections for code and health reasons.

    also Amsterdam is not the USA I couldn't care less what they are doing over there. If its regulated by code and health (government basically) mob participation, slaves and minor abuse is NOT going to go up. This isnt TV.

    Would they still happen in amounts? of course nothing works perfect but here in AMERICA it would be less not more.

    To even suggest the regulated prostitution industry would start using slaves and minors at out of control rates here in the US is nonsense and fiction.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #92
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I think its 100% true
    those things you say HAPPEN RIGHT NOW.

    Making it legal would in fact make those things happen less because it would be regulated like other business. lol

    Not AS easy to make it mob run, or have minors or salves when the government is coming in doing inspections for code and health reasons.

    also Amsterdam is not the USA I couldn't care less what they are doing over there. If its regulated by code and health (government basically) mob participation, slaves and minor abuse is NOT going to go up. This isnt TV.

    Would they still happen in amounts? of course nothing works perfect but here in AMERICA it would be less not more.

    To even suggest the regulated prostitution industry would start using slaves and minors at out of control rates here in the US is nonsense and fiction.
    So you say. I'd like to see some evidence and some line of reasoning that supports your claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #93
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I think its 100% true
    those things you say HAPPEN RIGHT NOW.

    Making it legal would in fact make those things happen less because it would be regulated like other business. lol

    Not AS easy to make it mob run, or have minors or salves when the government is coming in doing inspections for code and health reasons.

    also Amsterdam is not the USA I couldn't care less what they are doing over there. If its regulated by code and health (government basically) mob participation, slaves and minor abuse is NOT going to go up. This isnt TV.

    Would they still happen in amounts? of course nothing works perfect but here in AMERICA it would be less not more.

    To even suggest the regulated prostitution industry would start using slaves and minors at out of control rates here in the US is nonsense and fiction.
    amen "brother"
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  4. #94
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Saying that doesn't make it true, no matter how many times you repeat it. Amsterdams experience demonstrates the faulty logic, and they regulate it and do all the other things that the "legalize it" crowd say we should do
    I only said it once? lol
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  5. #95
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    I only said it once? lol
    Hint: Sometimes, people use the word "you" to refer to a group of people, and not an individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #96
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So you say. I'd like to see some evidence and some line of reasoning that supports your claims.
    common sense about AMERICA
    is there some other thing in recent times that got worse in the way you claim in AMERICA once it became legal?

    Alcohol comes to mine? was it better (crime wise, minors drinking, dangerous mixes, or watered down mixes, murders etc) while it was illegal or legal?

    in 2011 its nonsense to think america all of a sudden would allow SLAVES (riiiiight) to run rampant

    MINORS to become sex slaves and abused.

    Megans law comes to mine, megans website comes to mine
    how we lock people up people for even finding child porn PICTURES on thier hard drive that are 5 years old come to mind
    how a 17yr old was made to register as a sex offender because he got PUBLICLY caught send pictures of his junk to his 16 year old girlfriend and they tried to charge him with distribution of child porn.

    yep Im convinced AMERICA would just stop all that and let mass slavery back in its doors and turn a blind eye to sex trafficking large amounts of minors WHILE ITS REGULATED. Man the logic is just adding up. Give me a break. Like I said this isnt a movie.

    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #97
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Hint: Sometimes, people use the word "you" to refer to a group of people, and not an individual.
    Hint: don't quote just "me" then, an individual
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  8. #98
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Prostitution encourages organized crime, drug trafficking, child trafficking and the oppression of poor people
    Sangha is making a good argument here.

    In a free marketplace for prostitution the market forces of supply meeting demand should clear at a certain price. If the price of a 1 hour sex encounter was $3,000 then a lot of women would be enticed into the field and they could satisfy the men who could afford their services and there would be no unmet "legal" demand.

    The problem is about all of the demand for services under $3,000. How about the men who only want to pay $100? At this price level there are not enough women in society who freely decide to sell their services.

    So what happens in a legal market where there is unmet demand for services at price points below the legal market price?

    Look at other markets for the answer. What happens to the cigarette market when a state raises the tobacco tax through the roof? The black market steps up and fills the demand for lower priced cigarettes. How do they do this? They hi-jack trailers of product, they bribe, they steal, they sell through black market dealers, etc.

    Look at illegal aliens. What happens when legal wages are too high? Employers seek out illegals and pay them below legal wages. A black market develops.

    So back to prostitution. While cigarette black marketers get their product by hi-jacking trailers or sourcing via Indian Bands, where do pimps get their "product" when there are not enough women freely offering their services at a given price point?

  9. #99
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    common sense about AMERICA
    is there some other thing in recent times that got worse in the way you claim in AMERICA once it became legal?

    Alcohol comes to mine? was it better (crime wise, minors drinking, dangerous mixes, or watered down mixes, murders etc) while it was illegal or legal?

    in 2011 its nonsense to think america all of a sudden would allow SLAVES (riiiiight) to run rampant

    MINORS to become sex slaves and abused.

    Megans law comes to mine, megans website comes to mine
    how we lock people up people for even finding child porn PICTURES on thier hard drive that are 5 years old come to mind
    how a 17yr old was made to register as a sex offender because he got PUBLICLY caught send pictures of his junk to his 16 year old girlfriend and they tried to charge him with distribution of child porn.

    yep Im convinced AMERICA would just stop all that and let mass slavery back in its doors and turn a blind eye to sex trafficking large amounts of minors WHILE ITS REGULATED. Man the logic is just adding up. Give me a break. Like I said this isnt a movie.

    Not all problems are the same, and there is plenty of sexual slavery in the US now. Legalization has not always worked, even in the US. Nor has prohibition. There is no one magic formula (ex "Legalize it", "Ban it") that is garaunteed success.

    The legalization of prostitution in the Netherlands has resulted in increases in a number of crimes relating to drugs and sexual slavery and human trafficking. The legalization of certain financial institutions and practices has led our economy to crash. Legalization, regulation, prohibition, de-regulation - none of these are cure-alls. Each situation requires it's own set of policies to deal with it. And the fact remains that very very few people become prostitutes without there being some form of coercion involved
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Should we legalize sexual freedom?

    The law is quite irrelevant here for the most part. Adults do have sexual freedom anyway. What two consenting adults do in their own privacy can't fall under the purview of the law, even if the law wants it to. Think about sodomy laws. Have they actually succeeded in stopping it from happening? Doubtful. You can't put cameras in every person's bedroom so how do you expect to have any enforcement?

    The law is just a moral statement, and when it comes to adult sexuality that is consenting, the morality of the law is not only irrelevant, but it should be openly opposed. It's my body and my choice. That goes for everyone else. I was born into this life with free will and if I want to explore and enjoy my body to the fullest, I'm going to do it whether the law says it's okay or not.

    The only thing the law really does in this regard is hinder a person's agency. If something goes wrong or you are violated during an act that was initially consensual - i.e. rape - you won't get any sympathy. A lot of prostitutes who are raped have this problem. If they go to the law, they themselves are at risk for being arrested, even though what was done to them was illegal. Jury bias also works this way against prostitutes.

    Most laws instituting sexual morality need to go. I don't care what prudish conservatives think about their own bodies. Their own discomfort is none of my business, and my sex life is none of theirs.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •