View Poll Results: Do you agree with Eric Cantor that disaster relief must be offset elsewhere?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree with Cantor

    14 34.15%
  • Disagree with Cantor

    25 60.98%
  • Other

    2 4.88%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 105

Thread: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Since Bush doubled the Defense budget, would you agree taking the money from there?
    Rather than edit my previous statement........maybe if Obama had went after those companies sending jobs overseas like he promised he would, we would have more money. (I'm not letting this go)

  2. #22
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have to wonder what the position of Cantor would be if a major disaster hit his own district really hard and he had hundreds of thousands of constituents climbing up his posterior clamoring for help and help now?

    NJ Governor Chris Christie seems to have discovered such a situation.

    Governor Chris Christie: NJ Residents Need Help Now, Won



    edit: just read the post from PB detailing how cantor lobbied for funds previously. thanks.


    Cantor like the other teaparty far righters have painted themselves in a corner...with the RAISE TAXS NEVER on the rich crap...I hope he didnt retract his statement...and I hope its repeated enough times for most of america to hear it.....so they will resoundly reject the teaparty doctrine of protect the rich at all costs...including against people caught in natural disasters that lost their homes and have no place to go....utterly fricken ridiculous.

    Now theyve morphed from no one is entitled to Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid...to no one deserves a pension or health benefits from their employers...Public Workers are OVERPAID and need to be stripped of benefits....now its SCREW everyone caught in a natural disaster while we frick around and play politics and clamor we have to PAY FOR IT FIRST...until the last minute then bend over AGAIN like the debt ceiling...
    Every time they make a press release the teaparty pushs me further and further away from the republican party...

  3. #23
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Cantor like the other teaparty far righters have painted themselves in a corner...with the RAISE TAXS NEVER on the rich crap...I hope he didnt retract his statement...and I hope its repeated enough times for most of america to hear it.....so they will resoundly reject the teaparty doctrine of protect the rich at all costs...including against people caught in natural disasters that lost their homes and have no place to go....utterly fricken ridiculous.
    I also hope he continues to repeat it. It takes lots of repetition to get through thick headed idiocy. Natural disaster relief is not dependent upon taxing the rich btw. But nice red herring

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Now theyve morphed from no one is entitled to Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid...to no one deserves a pension or health benefits from their employers...Public Workers are OVERPAID and need to be stripped of benefits....now its SCREW everyone caught in a natural disaster while we frick around and play politics and clamor we have to PAY FOR IT FIRST...until the last minute then bend over AGAIN like the debt ceiling...
    Can you quote who said public workers should be stripped of benefits? Or is that another nonsense inflammatory made up partisan statement that you believe? Or perchance is that lifted from one of the union flyers...


    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Every time they make a press release the teaparty pushs me further and further away from the republican party...
    It might not be such a big loss.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I also hope he continues to repeat it. It takes lots of repetition to get through thick headed idiocy. Natural disaster relief is not dependent upon taxing the rich btw. But nice red herring
    It's a bit of a catch-22 but a deceitful one at that. Of course it's the "rich" because they are the only ones paying income taxes, never mind, many of them are not actually rich. The arguement is no tax increases until cuts are agreed upon.

  5. #25
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I also hope he continues to repeat it. It takes lots of repetition to get through thick headed idiocy. Natural disaster relief is not dependent upon taxing the rich btw. But nice red herring

    Can you quote who said public workers should be stripped of benefits? Or is that another nonsense inflammatory made up partisan statement that you believe? Or perchance is that lifted from one of the union flyers...


    It might not be such a big loss.


    Oxham before you ask silly questions you really should pay attention to whats going on around you...ask christie..walker...rick scott and kasich if they said public workers are overpaid and need to be attacked...

    Personally if someone needs to get caught in a natural disaster and loses everything they have...and have to wait for any relief while the teaparty fondles themselves...I certainly Hope with all sincerity its YOU...

  6. #26
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    It's a bit of a catch-22 but a deceitful one at that. Of course it's the "rich" because they are the only ones paying income taxes, never mind, many of them are not actually rich. The arguement is no tax increases until cuts are agreed upon.
    Perry ..natural disasters dont discriminate and give the rich a pass...hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and tornados dont go around all the rich and just nail the middleclass and poor.....the rich loses electric, possibly loved ones...their homes and everything in it just like everyone else...disaster relief is NOT CLASS WARFARE...disaster relief is for EVERYONE who gets caught in GUESS WHAT a natural disaster ....how incredibly STUPID for cantor to grasp on that point to take issue with...and know what Id bet im not in the minority on this one..
    All you conservatives can stand on your heads and spin and do pirouettes and you cant make that stupid statement smell good

    People are dieing..WAIT...we have to figure out how to pay for helping them first....People dont have electric or shelter..WAIT..we have to figure out how to pay for it first....pffffffffffffft.....assinine
    Last edited by lpast; 09-04-11 at 11:44 AM.

  7. #27
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Oxham before you ask silly questions you really should pay attention to whats going on around you...ask christie..walker...rick scott and kasich if they said public workers are overpaid and need to be attacked...
    You are avoiding my question - Who specifically said (from the tea party, or Republican party) that public workers should be stripped of benefits and when did they say it? Quote it... when you cannot in your next reply, I'll know it was BS, as I expected.

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Personally if someone needs to get caught in a natural disaster and loses everything they have...and have to wait for any relief while the teaparty fondles themselves...I certainly Hope with all sincerity its YOU...
    I plan, I save and I am prepared. What you hope is irrelevant. You're opinions based on partisan talking points from union newsletters based on inflammatory rhetoric is not something the tea party is interested in with membership. So I'll restate - no big loss.
    Last edited by Ockham; 09-04-11 at 11:44 AM.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #28
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You are avoiding my question - Who specifically said (from the tea party, or Republican party) that public workers should be stripped of benefits and when did they say it? Quote it... when you cannot in your next reply, I'll know it was BS, as I expected.

    I plan, I save and I am prepared. What you hope is irrelevant. You're opinions based on partisan talking points from union newsletters based on inflammatory rhetoric is not something the tea party is interested in with membership. So I'll restate - no big loss.

    Actually im not avoiding your question now...im avoiding you....have a nice day...

  9. #29
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    In the end this will not make cantor and the teaparty any new friends

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Eric Cantor And Disaster Relief

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Perry ..natural disasters dont discriminate and give the rich a pass...hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and tornados dont go around all the rich and just nail the middleclass and poor.....the rich loses electric, possibly loved ones...their homes and everything in it just like everyone else...disaster relief is NOT CLASS WARFARE...disaster relief is for EVERYONE who gets caught in GUESS WHAT a natural disaster ....how incredibly STUPID for cantor to grasp on that point to take issue with...and know what Id bet im not in the minority on this one..
    My statement had nothing to do with disaster relief. It was about the spin on the situation with raising taxes.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •