View Poll Results: Is this raffle in extremely bad taste?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the republicans should be ashamed

    17 29.82%
  • No, everyone should really just relax

    34 59.65%
  • Other, I can't commit to yes or no

    6 10.53%
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 263

Thread: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

  1. #201
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there have been many bills introduced to ban guns. Diane Feinswine, the main author of the clinton gun ban told 60 minutes that if she had the votes she would have introduced a law to CONFISCATE all semi auto weapons in the USA--of course that would have resulted in a civil war and probably lots of dead government employees. but she wanted the cops to go house to house confiscating every semi auto. Major Owens, a far left dem congressman at least was honest, he wanted to repeal the second amendment.
    So what! There are a SLEW of republicans who want to regulate marriage! I dont CARE if its at a state level. Republicans EXPECT the Government(state and/or fed) to define and deny marriage to tax paying adults.. and they VOW to get it done if elected. California's Proposition 8 was a republican effort. I can make a list of republicans who want to deny people the right of marriage.

    You REALLY have the nerve to boo hoo over the dems who've tried to ban guns? Come. on.
    And I dont care what arguments you've heard claiming abortion isnt regulating MY body. Its MY body and only I know how it would feel to me. Would you feel your pecker were being regulated if we forced men to get fixed?
    As far as drugs go, If you think a change in the law is going to turn meth junkies into social users who keep their jobs and suddenly stop overdosing... you're not thinking at ALL. People will still OD, still pick their face, abandon their kids, steal from people, fail to pay their bills and so forth. And if you think it costs Tax payers a lot now, JUST WAIT till they're LEGAL!
    Last edited by Flippinfunky; 09-05-11 at 12:39 AM.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  2. #202
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
    So what! There are a SLEW of republicans who want to regulate marriage! I dont CARE if its at a state level. Republicans EXPECT the Government(state and/or fed) to define and deny marriage to tax paying adults.. and they VOW to get it done if elected. California's Proposition 8 was a republican effort. I can make a list of republicans who want to deny people the right of marriage.

    You REALLY have the nerve to boo hoo over the dems who've tried to ban guns? Come. on.
    And I dont care what arguments you've heard claiming abortion isnt regulating MY body. Its MY body and only I know how it would feel to me. Would you feel your pecker were being regulated if we forced men to get fixed?
    As far as drugs go, If you think a change in the law is going to turn meth junkies into social users who keep their jobs and suddenly stop overdosing... you're not thinking at ALL. People will still OD, still pick their face, abandon their kids, steal from people, fail to pay their bills and so forth. And if you think it costs Tax payers a lot now, JUST WAIT till they're LEGAL!
    I guess you missed my point that those who try to ban abortion are about the same in my book as those who try to ban guns. Both groups lie about their true motivations.

    You really are going a bit nuts in this last post. I think a change in the drug laws would be smart given the massive failure they have been so far

    those who don't learn from history keep F'ing up-what did prohibition teach us?



  3. #203
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions, also interrogating Karl View Post
    Well OK.....Let's start with YOU.

    Tell me and everyone else just how you feel about guns, and people owning guns?. And whats your personal opinion on the Glock handgun?
    I think it's one of the best handguns of it's class......Do you agree?
    Like many many of others in America, I own a Glock .....Do you.?....if not a Glock......What kind?
    Again, the personal inquisition continues. Odd that some cannot argue a position without getting personal. A shortcoming, IMHO.

    A gunsmith told me that a Glock was a POS. After dry firing one, I had to agree (makes a Jack-in-the-Box "sproooong" when the firing pin finally releases, after Olympic trigger travel -- and a stamped Cracker Jacks trigger at that). I hear that it's main claim to fame is being able to function despite abuse. Perhaps a quality also useful here at DP

    I've personally met a gunsmith that makes 1911's for Steven Segal, as if that means anything, but since it's phallic brag time, what the heck. He also had a nice 2nd gen. Ford SVT Lightning pickup (the gunsmith, not Segal, whom I have not met, but seems like 'my kind of guy'.). I think I'd prefer one of his (the gunsmith's) pistols (I would definitely not want to covet anything owned by Mr. Segal ).

  4. #204
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    [...] Dem Asswipe charles Schumer bragged that (upon passing the clinton gun ban) that he was going to show the NRA "the rest of the camel" (after the NRA correctly noted that the dem gun laws were merely the nose of the camel under the tent). [...]
    LOL... you'll have to admit, that's not a bad line

  5. #205
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have forgotten more about gun issues than you will ever know. I have done it all, been a member of the US shooting team and a world class shooter, an attorney representing law enforcement agencies, gun makers and gun clubs, and a coach of shooting sport athletes. I represented a Title II manufacturer (machine guns) the largest NRA affiliated gun club in the USA, and two major league retail dealers. My representation also involved lobbying. So I have dealt with just about every angle on this issue. and yes, I used a gun to shoot my way out of a mugging.

    so the amateur psychologist nonsense doesn't cut it with me. and I know what motivates the anti gun leadership
    I dont care dude, I'm not at ALL impressed. Nor does it make you an expert on people. You NEED to believe you "know" because it makes YOU feel important. Which tells me plenty about you.

    FACT is, you dont know everyone and cant possibly know why all people fear guns. lol. How narcissistic to honestly believe you're omniscient.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  6. #206
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    how was it a bad decision? because it upsets hoplophobes and those who don't like the GOP? face it that is what the criticism comes from=leftwingers
    The criticism should come from decent people, and no, I don't think that only those on the left are decent. I wouldn't care about a gun raffle somewhere else. I also wouldn't care about this raffle a month before the shooting. Anyone with half a brain had to know how this would look and they did it anyway. That says some very bad things about this particular group of the GOP.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  7. #207
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude, replying to another View Post
    I have forgotten more about gun issues than you will ever know. I have done it all, been a member of the US shooting team and a world class shooter, an attorney representing law enforcement agencies, gun makers and gun clubs, and a coach of shooting sport athletes. I represented a Title II manufacturer (machine guns) the largest NRA affiliated gun club in the USA, and two major league retail dealers. My representation also involved lobbying. So I have dealt with just about every angle on this issue. and yes, I used a gun to shoot my way out of a mugging. [...]
    It's the internet. You can be whatever you want to be... as if that has any bearing on the quality of your argument

  8. #208
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess you missed my point that those who try to ban abortion are about the same in my book as those who try to ban guns. Both groups lie about their true motivations.

    You really are going a bit nuts in this last post. I think a change in the drug laws would be smart given the massive failure they have been so far

    those who don't learn from history keep F'ing up-what did prohibition teach us?
    And when the strung out meth addict cant pay for their legal meth what do you think they're going to do? Go get a job? lol. I'm FINE with legalizing all drugs.. IF someone can tell me who will pay for the fall out. There is no proof legalizing all drugs will increase use therefore no proof it will cost tax payers more than the drug war does, right? I understand that. But there's also no proof that marriage equality will turn kids gay or destroy traditional families, either. That doesn't seem to stop the GOP from sticking their BIG Government noses in the matter, does it? So I dont care if there's no proof things will get worse. I know how addicts are - if they CAN use, they WILL use ... so we better be prepared to clean up their mess.
    Last edited by Flippinfunky; 09-05-11 at 01:39 AM.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  9. #209
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Again, the personal inquisition continues. Odd that some cannot argue a position without getting personal. A shortcoming, IMHO.

    A gunsmith told me that a Glock was a POS. After dry firing one, I had to agree (makes a Jack-in-the-Box "sproooong" when the firing pin finally releases, after Olympic trigger travel -- and a stamped Cracker Jacks trigger at that). I hear that it's main claim to fame is being able to function despite abuse. Perhaps a quality also useful here at DP

    I've personally met a gunsmith that makes 1911's for Steven Segal, as if that means anything, but since it's phallic brag time, what the heck. He also had a nice 2nd gen. Ford SVT Lightning pickup (the gunsmith, not Segal, whom I have not met, but seems like 'my kind of guy'.). I think I'd prefer one of his (the gunsmith's) pistols (I would definitely not want to covet anything owned by Mr. Segal ).
    well I love 1911's and for a trained (ie a USPSA master class shooter such as me) pistol shot they have a lot to offer. (seagal is not exactly a Robbie Leatham or Doug Koenig) However, for military and police the glock is a superior design. They work, they are accurate (I can generally keep 50 rounds in a 8" circle at 25 Yards without much effort shooting rather quickly) and reliable. Gunsmiths tend to bash them because there is no real modifications that require much money to improve them (other than putting on better sights). You can have a NY trigger-8 pounds, standard-5 pounds or the 3 pounds i use on my competition glocks (ask Dave Sevigny if they are POS, though he just left team Glock he won a ton of titles against people shooting far more expensive guns). That the FBI and USMS uses them is a pretty good argument over some unnamed gunsmith



  10. #210
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: GOP's Gun Raffle In Giffords' District Sparks Hot Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
    I dont care dude, I'm not at ALL impressed. Nor does it make you an expert on people. You NEED to believe you "know" because it makes YOU feel important. Which tells me plenty about you.

    FACT is, you dont know everyone and cant possibly know why all people fear guns. lol. How narcissistic to honestly believe you're omniscient.
    having debated the ARC all over the country I can make a rather educated analysis of what motivates the ones who actually start and fund ARC (anti rights coalition) organizations. I don't need to feel important. I just like slapping around emotobabbling nonsense from people who are not educated on this subject



Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •