Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 422

Thread: Child Support Payments

  1. #51
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,080

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I said something about forcing women to carry if the father wants the child.
    well they only quoted me and only quoted a PART of my thread so obviously she was talking to me and if not she was still wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by MateoMtnClimber View Post
    Yes, gay people absolutely have the right to infringe on other people's religious rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  2. #52
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 05:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Child Support Payments

    I really wish I had that kind of control I could try to exert over someone else - it seems like so much fun to have the ability to make or break someone's life in such a way. The divine seed of untouchable infallibility - no sprout spawned can be wrong.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #53
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    really?
    funny theres law suits and people getting convicted of crimes every day over trusting technology and or people

    whats your point?
    That contraceptive failure is not a viable excuse for a child being conceived. I've known that to happen even when both the pill and the condom were being utilized.

    Even if the woman tricked him, I would say, be wary of the character of the women you sleep with.

    The issue here is not the rights of the woman, anyway, or the rights of the father. It is the well-being the child. Since our society is legally obligated to support children who can't survive on their own, there's no particular reason to let the father be free of responsibility for any reason at all, no matter how good.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 08-31-11 at 11:04 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  4. #54
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 05:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    That contraceptive failure is not a viable excuse for a child being conceived. I've known that to happen even when both the pill and the condom were being utilized.

    Even if the woman tricked him, I would say, be wary of the character of the women you sleep with.
    Not a viable excuse?

    It's not an excuse: it's just a reason . . a means in which nature was permitted to do what nature does.

    I had 3 kids that way.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #55
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If a woman chooses to keep her pregnancy and have a child against the man's wishes and she chooses to not use her legal option of birth control and have an abortion, should the man have to pay child suport for her choice. Should the man have to pay Child Support if he does not want the child and the woman decides to not opt to have an abortion as a means of contraception?
    Yes, he should have to pay.

    The reason why children need the financial support of both parents is because children can't take care of themselves, and it's rarely that one parent is able to be financially supportive of a child. It's not the child's fault that s/he is born. Once s/he is, then they should be supported by both biological parents.

    Does this make things unequal between the sexes. Maybe. But, then again, biology isn't designed to be equal. After all, the reason why men have evolved to be the more aggressive and violent and likely to wage wars is because men are more expendable while women are more important for the perpetuation of the species. A few men with many women can more easily repopulate than a few women with many men. Because of these reasons, men and women are not biologically the same. Which is why women have more power over their reproductive rights than men do, especially when it comes to conceiving.

    Now, we could try to implement more equality through the law and government policy. But I would say that rather than having the equalizer be to allow men to prevent abortions that women undergo instead we should have socialized programs to provide for all children, regardless of who their mother and father is. So instead of a father being forced to be financially supportive of his biological children he doesn't want, all men and all women should be financially supportive of all children.

    This way, instead of focusing on the issue of abortion the focus goes on what's more important - making sure children are being taken cared of. Especially since the abortion issue totally ignores who takes care of children whose parents die or are unable to financially support them whether those children are wanted or not.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  6. #56
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 05:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Child Support Payments

    giggle

    I like your little rendition, there, on why we're different and why gender inequality was so rampant for such a long time.

    Maybe it had to do with a dainty pedestal and the many things you can get away with if you ply to a man's mastered arm enough - men tend to jump through hoops and fight to the death for some pussy. Believe it or not - this ability to capture such passion and attention can be like a drug. I loved toying with boys and getting them all worked up and bothered by eachother - little games, oh the power.

    You know - I can go into a crowded room and get every man's attention by letting out a few orgasmic shrieks. . . you know - that sounds like fun. . . I think I'll do that and report back with a scientific breakdown of the responses.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #57
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,080

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    That contraceptive failure is not a viable excuse for a child being conceived. I've known that to happen even when both the pill and the condom were being utilized.

    Even if the woman tricked him, I would say, be wary of the character of the women you sleep with.

    The issue here is not the rights of the woman, anyway, or the rights of the father. It is the well-being the child. Since our society is legally obligated to support children who can't survive on their own, there's no particular reason to let the father be free of responsible for any reason at all, no matter how good.
    you are welcome to that opinion and I totally disagree
    I also have known it to fail with BOTH being used to thats why both men and women should have the rights to do what they want. Currently only the woman can and Im fine with her choices she has but the man should get them too.

    I care about the child also but making the dad give money doesn't guarantee that child **** in reality just saying. It really has little to no bearing at all on the child's welfare so that point is moot. The reason is fairness and not discriminating.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 08-31-11 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MateoMtnClimber View Post
    Yes, gay people absolutely have the right to infringe on other people's religious rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  8. #58
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    you are welcome to that opinion and I totally disagree
    I also know it to fail with BOTH being used to thats why both men and women should have the rights to do what they want. Currently only the woman can and Im fine with her choices she has but the man should get them too.

    I care about the child also but making the dad give money doesn't guarantee that child **** in reality :shrug" just saying. It really has little to no bearing at all on the child's welfare so that point is moot. The reason is fairness and not discriminating.
    Do you mean that the money he gives is misused by the mother? Possibly, but the answer to that is increased supervision by the state, not letting the father off free.

    Resources have to be devoted to raising children, and if the mother can't provide them all, those resources have to come from somewhere; we can't let children starve to death. Aside from being terrible in and of itself, that kind of inhumanity risks developing the sort of moral and political culture that gives rise to dystopian societies. While all of the society has to chip into welfare funds to prevent that from happening, it can hardly be fair for them to pay the lord's share for something they got no recreational benefit out of (that is, the father at least got sex out of it, whereas the tax payers did not).
    Last edited by Morality Games; 08-31-11 at 11:11 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  9. #59
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    06-03-18 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    you are welcome to that opinion and I totally disagree
    I also know it to fail with BOTH being used to thats why both men and women should have the rights to do what they want. Currently only the woman can and Im fine with her choices she has but the man should get them too.

    I care about the child also but making the dad give money doesn't guarantee that child **** in reality :shrug" just saying. It really has little to no bearing at all on the child's welfare so that point is moot. The reason is fairness and not discriminating.
    I love how one minute women are fighting for equal treatment of the sexes and the next minute they are fighting against it. Please make your choice and stick with it.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  10. #60
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I love how one minute women are fighting for equal treatment of the sexes and the next minute they are fighting against it. Please make your choice and stick with it.
    Supporting children has nothing to do with equal treatment of the sexes. Whether or not men deserve legal input on abortion is separate from whether parents ought to support their children. Even if men are being denied a right that should belong to them, children deserve that support.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 08-31-11 at 11:16 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •