Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 422

Thread: Child Support Payments

  1. #281
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm merely using the logic of your side's arguments with a different starting set of assumptions.
    Which side would that be?

    No offense but since there are people in this thread who actually agree with the premise, I'd rather discuss the issue with them, than with someone who doesn't actually believe what he's saying and will always fall back on "This isn't what I really believe" whenever I point out the flaws in this argument.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #282
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Which side would that be?

    No offense but since there are people in this thread who actually agree with the premise, I'd rather discuss the issue with them, than with someone who doesn't actually believe what he's saying and will always fall back on "This isn't what I really believe" whenever I point out the flaws in this argument.
    The flaws of the argument are the same flaws fundamental to the overall abortion argument. The welfare of the child is not considered, all that is considered is the convenience of the humans already in existence. The abdication of responsibility of the father would occur before the child is born.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #283
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The flaws of the argument are the same flaws fundamental to the overall abortion argument. The welfare of the child is not considered, all that is considered is the convenience of the humans already in existence. The abdication of responsibility of the father would occur before the child is born.
    ...which would thereby provide women with an even bigger financial incentive to abort, if faced with the prospect of having to raise the child alone. Which you're supposedly against.

    Next?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #284
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    ...which would thereby provide women with an even bigger financial incentive to abort, if faced with the prospect of having to raise the child alone. Which you're supposedly against.

    Next?
    Well she knew the risks going into it. Guess she should have kept her legs closed or made better choice of partner if she didn't want to face the repercussions, right?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #285
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,794

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The flaws of the argument are the same flaws fundamental to the overall abortion argument. The welfare of the child is not considered, all that is considered is the convenience of the humans already in existence. The abdication of responsibility of the father would occur before the child is born.
    this is NOT always the case, yes some mindless dont think about that but the majority actually do and its WHY they abort. You may disagree with them but its still why they do it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #286
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well she knew the risks going into it. Guess she should have kept her legs closed or made better choice of partner if she didn't want to face the repercussions, right?
    You just claimed, less than five minutes ago, that abortion was killing a child for convenience. Now you don't even MENTION the welfare of the child when I pointed out that this would increase the abortion rate. Again, it's all about the woman and what a slut she is, and how she needs to be punished.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #287
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    You just claimed, less than five minutes ago, that abortion was killing a child for convenience. Now you don't even MENTION the welfare of the child when I pointed out that this would increase the abortion rate. Again, it's all about the woman and what a slut she is, and how she needs to be punished.
    The abortion arguments in and of themselves do not consider the welfare of the child. As I said, I'm using the logic of the other side with a different set of assumptions is all. Why would you try to restrain my arguments with constraints not bound to the other side as well?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #288
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    this is NOT always the case, yes some mindless dont think about that but the majority actually do and its WHY they abort. You may disagree with them but its still why they do it.
    I do disagree since nothing is so damaging to the welfare of the child as death is. Death is oh so very permanent.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #289
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The abortion arguments in and of themselves do not consider the welfare of the child. As I said, I'm using the logic of the other side with a different set of assumptions is all. Why would you try to restrain my arguments with constraints not bound to the other side as well?
    It's too confusing to try to decipher what you're ACTUALLY arguing, what you're pretending to argue, what you think that people who are opposed to you (on abortion? on child support?) are arguing, and what analogies you are trying to draw. When you figure out some coherent viewpoint on the subject at hand, I'll continue this conversation. Otherwise I think I'm done.

    Last edited by Kandahar; 09-02-11 at 02:38 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #290
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,794

    Re: Child Support Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I do disagree since nothing is so damaging to the welfare of the child as death is. Death is oh so very permanent.
    and you are free to have that opinion but the fact remains your opinion isnt other peoples and they make their choices for THEIR reasons not for what YOU say they are. I know you get that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •