View Poll Results: Why is the middle class the most crippled by income tax? Select all that apply

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allowing many people to have a shot at being uber-wealthy is dangerous

    1 1.19%
  • Making the uber-wealthy share the load would be bad for the economy

    0 0%
  • The middle class do not have as much of an influence on politics as the wealthy do

    30 35.71%
  • The idea that the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax is a myth

    54 64.29%
  • A few wealthy, a few more middle class and many lower class citizens is best

    3 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 465

Thread: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

  1. #81
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    socialists are always generous with someone else's money. they take credit for distributing wealth that others earned.
    Um, that would be my money too my friend ... unfortunately, your position that only poor people support progressive taxation and semi-socialist programs informed by capitalism is a straw man-completely inaccurate .. hmm who else agrees with me .. oh yea all those other sensible taxpayers including Buffett

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You really aren't learned enough as to the rich and their costs of living to speak with such arrogance towards those who actually pay far more of the taxes than you do.
    Who said anything about the living costs the wealthy choose to pay? I certainly did not .. are you sure it was in this thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Until you pay the same amount of dollars "the rich do" in taxes you have no standing to demand they pay even more.
    It shouldn't matter if I made the most money, if I made the Average, if I made the median or if I made the lowest income in America, I would still have a say in what tax revenues are used for .. sorry that's just the way it is, some very smart people made it this way to protect against the tyranny of the upper-class

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You need to stop worrying about what others make and stop scheming to justify more of their wealth being taken by the government.
    I am not worrying about what others make .. I am trying to help come up with solutions to make America a better country .. sorry if you thought otherwise

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    still spewing the mob rule nonsense. tell us why people who don't have any skin in the game should have the same voting rights as those who pay a lot of taxes. and don't repeat the usual crap that "it is the law". give a reasoned argument why someone who lives off the public dole should have equal say about taxes and laws as someone who pays a million a year in taxes.
    The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Less than fifty years ago the American people, acting through their duly elected representatives in both congress and the states spoke loudly with affirmative action making sure that voting would never be connected to taxation.Your argument is not with you - it is with the US COnstitution, the COngress of the United States, the various State governments who ratified the Amendment and the American people who supported it.

    If you want a specific reasoned argument - here is the most direct I can come up with. Because if we did it your way, we would have nation led, governed ruled and voted in by elitist snobs who are only looking out for their own selfish narrow financial and social interests and the vast vast majority of the people would be like so much fodder and toilet paper for them. We would no longer have the greatest nation in the world.

    Is that clear enough?
    Last edited by haymarket; 08-23-11 at 09:39 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #83
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Um, that would be my money too my friend ... unfortunately, your position that only poor people support progressive taxation and semi-socialist programs informed by capitalism is a straw man-completely inaccurate .. hmm who else agrees with me .. oh yea all those other sensible taxpayers including Buffett



    Who said anything about the living costs the wealthy choose to pay? I certainly did not .. are you sure it was in this thread?



    It shouldn't matter if I made the most money, if I made the Average, if I made the median or if I made the lowest income in America, I would still have a say in what tax revenues are used for .. sorry that's just the way it is, some very smart people made it this way to protect against the tyranny of the upper-class



    I am not worrying about what others make .. I am trying to help come up with solutions to make America a better country .. sorry if you thought otherwise
    I find it amusing that you income redistributionists lionize Buffett and think he wants to help you.
    You just don't get that many of us tire of being told we have to buy into your plan and pay for it

    socialists always claim that their schemes will make America better. they always want to force others to do the work though



  4. #84
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Less than fifty years ago the American people, acting through their duly elected representatives in both congress and the states spoke loudly with affirmative action making sure that voting would never be connected to taxation.Your argument is not with you - it is with the US COnstitution, the COngress of the United States, the various State governments who ratified the Amendment and the American people who supported it.

    If you want a specific reasoned argument - here is the most direct I can come up with. Because if we did it your way, we would have nation led, governed ruled and voted in by elitist snobs who are only looking out for their own selfish narrow financial and social interests and the vast vast majority of the people would be like so much fodder and toilet paper for them. We would no longer have the greatest nation in the world.

    Is that clear enough?
    Your mom and apple pie faux patriotism gets nauseating after a while. You want your dem masters to win elections pure and simple and speaking of elitist snobs. that fits your party's leaders to a t



  5. #85
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The very existence of classes precludes the notion of absolute quality. As classes will always exist, equality is an unachievable goal. Therefore, abandon it.
    Who said anything about equality? Are you talking about equality of outcome? Who would stand for that? You? I certainly wouldn't. If you don't mind me asking, what is your reading comprehension level? I can write in lower levels, I'll just check my statements by pasting them into word and working them down to be more simple. If you have no problem with reading comprehension, then you would see that I have only ever supported equal opportunity .. this is different from equality of outcome. In addition, I wasn't even talking about equal opportunity in the post you replied to. Try reading it again.

  6. #86
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your stereotyping all lawyers gets old because you are mad that I have slapped around some of your poorly reasoned emotobabbling posts. Blaming me for John Edwards--who is a DEMOCRAT AS YOU ARE-is as silly as me noting you are no different than those cops in NYC who sodomized Abner Louima with a broom handle or the morons who shot some poor immigrant 42 times for no reason.

    minimum wage is silly. it hurts the least talented from getting jobs. it is a payback for the unions who often tie their wage rates to the MW.

    Y
    btw I defend doctors in malpractice suits.


    youve never slapped around anyone on here all you ever done and still do is whine and say the same thing over and over....lawyers are a large part of whats milking this country dry...with class action lawsuits and malpractice and bankruptcy, the list is endless and all of america pays for all that...thats why most politicians are lawyers.....its a fact you cant dispute
    You and handful of others want the rest of us to believe the POOR AND POWERLESS are milking the country and pigs at the trough CEOs that make hundreds of millions even when they fail are the victims of the damn poor and powerless....its a joke and the ones that spout it are the biggest joke...its such and outrageous lieing pile of crap...Its you that gets slapped around and looks foolish with your same whine and dance routine over and over
    Last edited by lpast; 08-23-11 at 09:43 PM.

  7. #87
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    youve never slapped around anyone on here all you ever done and still do is whine and say the same thing over and over....lawyers are a large part of whats milking this country dry...with class action lawsuits and malpractice and bankruptcy, the list is endless and all of america pays for all that...thats why most politicians are lawyers.....its a fact you cant dispute
    You and handful of others want the rest of us to believe the POOR AND POWERLESS are milking the country and pigs at the trough CEOs that make hundreds of millions even when they fair are the victims of the damn poor and powerless....its a joke and the ones that spout it are the biggest joke...its such and outrageous lieing pile of crap
    this rant is getting more and more inane. You seem upset with your lot in life. It is not the fault of the rich that you are mad where you have ended up The rich don't owe you something because you believe you have failed to achieve

    and lawyers are like any other profession some are scum, some are good people. Lots of them are far left dems



  8. #88
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I find it amusing that you income redistributionists lionize Buffett and think he wants to help you.
    You just don't get that many of us tire of being told we have to buy into your plan and pay for it

    socialists always claim that their schemes will make America better. they always want to force others to do the work though
    Wow that's your argument?

    There's nothing of substance to even respond to .. I am really trying to find something right now but having a hard time.

    OK, here's something you said "socialists always claim that their schemes will make America better" .. when did I say I was a socialist?

    Oh, and I am sure that there are many people who don't want to pay taxes, I know its a bummer for me .. but that's the way society works, if you don't like it good luck finding a suitable place to do business where there are no taxes

  9. #89
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Wow that's your argument?

    There's nothing of substance to even respond to .. I am really trying to find something right now but having a hard time.

    OK, here's something you said "socialists always claim that their schemes will make America better" .. when did I say I was a socialist?

    Oh, and I am sure that there are many people who don't want to pay taxes, I know its a bummer for me .. but that's the way society works, if you don't like it good luck finding a suitable place to do business where there are no taxes
    we get the fact that you think saying the rich won't be hurt by more taxes (when does that line of crap end-90%?) is a convincing argument. we get the fact you resent having a boss that fired you and you project your hatred onto every wealthy CEO.

    The problem is way too many people don't pay taxes and yet they whine that others should pay even more



  10. #90
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    It has been shown that the middle class pays the most crippling amount of income taxes and the middle class is relatively small. Crippling means that the ratio of living expenses to income tax makes it so that despite one’s increased income, the standard of living has not gone up much and there is still significant hardship. It is clear that most making above $250,000 are not crippled by income tax and instead cannot wrap their minds around the concept of progressive taxation (even though the wealthiest find loopholes out of such taxation). So, why is this the case? Why does the middle class shoulder the largest relative tax burden?
    I voted, the middle class do not have as much of an influence on politics as the wealthy.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •