View Poll Results: Why is the middle class the most crippled by income tax? Select all that apply

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allowing many people to have a shot at being uber-wealthy is dangerous

    1 1.19%
  • Making the uber-wealthy share the load would be bad for the economy

    0 0%
  • The middle class do not have as much of an influence on politics as the wealthy do

    30 35.71%
  • The idea that the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax is a myth

    54 64.29%
  • A few wealthy, a few more middle class and many lower class citizens is best

    3 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 465

Thread: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

  1. #431
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    have forgotten more law than you will ever know but claiming because something is law that precludes all argument on the merits is statist and mindless.
    You say that but your posts show ignorance of the law. Rule of law in this country is what we are all obliged to follow. I have no interest in your whining that you shouldn't have to follow the rule of law like everyone else.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #432
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You say that but your posts show ignorance of the law. Rule of law in this country is what we are all obliged to follow. I have no interest in your whining that you shouldn't have to follow the rule of law like everyone else.
    Lke Haymarket you think that once a law is passed that precludes disagreement with it or advocacy that it ought to be changed or set aside. That is the real ignorance. its also robotic statist obedience-a common status for leftwing fans of big government



  3. #433
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Lke Haymarket you think that once a law is passed that precludes disagreement with it or advocacy that it ought to be changed or set aside.
    And in Turtledude land, the way you get a supreme court ruling changed is by whining about it on a political forum? In this country they the way is done is by presenting your case through the courts. But you actually have to have a case to present, which you are lacking of course.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #434
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Proof of the class war against the middle class:

    22 Statistics That Prove The Middle Class Is Being Systematically Wiped Out Of Existence In America


    "The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer at a staggering rate. Once upon a time, the United States had the largest and most prosperous middle class in the history of the world, but now that is changing at a blinding pace."

    Read more: 22 Statistics That Prove The Middle Class Is Being Systematically Wiped Out Of Existence In America

    Some of them are listed below:

    "83 percent of all U.S. stocks are in the hands of 1 percent of the people.

    66% of the income growth between 2001 and 2007 went to the top 1% of all Americans.

    24% of American workers say that they have postponed their planned retirement age in the past year.

    Over 1.4 million Americans filed for personal bankruptcy in 2009, which represented a 32 percent increase over 2008.

    For the first time in U.S. history, banks own a greater share of residential housing net worth in the United States than all individual Americans put together.

    In 1950, the ratio of the average executive's paycheck to the average worker's paycheck was about 30 to 1. Since the year 2000, that ratio has exploded to between 300 to 500 to one.

    As of 2007, the bottom 80 percent of American households held about 7% of the liquid financial assets.

    The bottom 50 percent of income earners in the United States now collectively own less than 1 percent of the nationís wealth.

    Average Wall Street bonuses for 2009 were up 17 percent when compared with 2008.

    The top 1% of U.S. households own nearly twice as much of America's corporate wealth as they did just 15 years ago.

    In America today, the average time needed to find a job has risen to a record 35.2 weeks.

    More than 40% of Americans who actually are employed are now working in service jobs, which are often very low paying.

    For the first time in U.S. history, more than 40 million Americans are on food stamps, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture projects that number will go up to 43 million Americans in 2011.

    Approximately 21 percent of all children in the United States are living below the poverty line in 2010 - the highest rate in 20 years.

    The top 10% of Americans now earn around 50% of our national income."

    Read more: 22 Statistics That Prove The Middle Class Is Being Systematically Wiped Out Of Existence In America
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #435
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    that's an interesting set of rants

    do you think that once the supreme court issues an opinion that precludes any debate on the merits of the ruling?

    Why are people having children they cannot properly raise?

    why has the middle class lost so much ambition

    do your silly "facts" account for the fact that the top 10% are not the same people day in day out?

    so your solution is to tax the rich even more?



  6. #436
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's an interesting set of rants

    do you think that once the supreme court issues an opinion that precludes any debate on the merits of the ruling?

    Why are people having children they cannot properly raise?

    why has the middle class lost so much ambition

    do your silly "facts" account for the fact that the top 10% are not the same people day in day out?

    so your solution is to tax the rich even more?

    Challenging a court decision requires a case built on facts, not opinion, which is all you have provided to back up your "opinion" that the rich are being overtaxed.

    It is noted you did not provide any proof to refute the statistics that prove a class war has been waged on the middle class.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #437
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Challenging a court decision requires a case built on facts, not opinion, which is all you have provided to back up your "opinion" that the rich are being overtaxed.

    It is noted you did not provide any proof to refute the statistics that prove a class war has been waged on the middle class.
    I have a sound basis for saying a group that makes 22% of the income but pays 40% of the income tax is overtaxed given all those in the bottom 95% pay less of the income tax burden than their share of the income

    what objective fact can you bring to bear in opposition?



  8. #438
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have a sound basis for saying a group that makes 22% of the income but pays 40% of the income tax is overtaxed given all those in the bottom 95% pay less of the income tax burden than their share of the income

    what objective fact can you bring to bear in opposition?
    Not interested in your opinions. I provided facts and you have not refuted them. Have you heard of the expression, put up or shut up?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #439
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Not interested in your opinions. I provided facts and you have not refuted them. Have you heard of the expression, put up or shut up?
    I have proffered an objective basis for tax fairness. what have you done? whine that the rich need to pay more based on what-envy? you sure haven't ever come close to setting an objective standard. tax fairness-if you make 22% of the income you pay 22% of the income tax is a good way to start. You didn't provide ANY FACTS that suggest that the middle class are paying a crippling amount of income tax. You posted claims that support the OPINION that the middle class is disappearing but contains no solutions and certainly does not demonstrate the faulty premise of this thread



  10. #440
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And in Turtledude land, the way you get a supreme court ruling changed is by whining about it on a political forum? In this country they the way is done is by presenting your case through the courts.
    Of course that would be dependent on what lean of the court is at that time if they notice the real meaning behind clauses. What you fail to realize and what the founders knew was the shortcoming of the courts. They knew full well they would be inflicted by self interest and the infection of false premises of what they did. They knew full well you people would come. The thing about rules of the land is no matter how well you do it people will want power over other people.
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-02-11 at 10:18 AM.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •