View Poll Results: Why is the middle class the most crippled by income tax? Select all that apply

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allowing many people to have a shot at being uber-wealthy is dangerous

    1 1.19%
  • Making the uber-wealthy share the load would be bad for the economy

    0 0%
  • The middle class do not have as much of an influence on politics as the wealthy do

    30 35.71%
  • The idea that the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax is a myth

    54 64.29%
  • A few wealthy, a few more middle class and many lower class citizens is best

    3 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 465

Thread: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

  1. #361
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    The middle class is shouldering the largest amount of tax burden?

    Excuse me for a second.

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

    Anyway, back on subject - you're wrong. You're just so entirely, utterly, unequivocally, astronomically wrong. This is a rant-about-the-rich post. Nothing more.
    The best part is, the big font you use only points out the fact that you have reading comprehension issues. At no point did he/she say "The middle class is shouldering the largest amount of tax burden". There is a large difference between the straw man you presented and his actual argument.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Sorry, but when someone posts an emotional plea, it's fair game to mock it incessantly. I don't give a flying hot damn about "relativity". That's the argument of spin. You know all too well what that is, don't you.

  3. #363
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Sorry, but when someone posts an emotional plea, it's fair game to mock it incessantly. I don't give a flying hot damn about "relativity". That's the argument of spin. You know all too well what that is, don't you.
    Well relativity just means by percentage. That's quite a large difference between what he said and what you mocked - however I am not sure if what he said has any truthfulness to it since he did not back that statement up.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #364
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    from Turtle to me

    what you pay in state taxes is no more relevant to what you should pay in federal taxes than what you pay for your car has to do with your mortgage payment.
    Taxes are taxes are taxes regardless on what or paid to what. That has been explained to you many many times in thread after thread after thread.

    the wealthy pay far too much of the income taxes because they cannot outvote those who pay less and want more and more government.
    and you continue to obsess and focus on but a single tax paid to one level of government because it is progressive in nature and thus is the target of your ire because it goes against your own selfish interests.

    Any time you feel you can no longer tolerate the American system of government or the American people you can always exercise your right to find a more suitable environment elsewhere. But you do not. You continue to stay knowing the rules and the knowing the system.

    I have always supported a consumption tax as the most practical and fairest solution
    that is pure baloney and you know it. We recently reproduced many of your own posts in which you advocated for a taxation system based on how much a person consumed in government services because that was your sacred principle of taxation. Then you abandoned that "principle" in favor of a tax system that would spread all the cost of government over all citizens per capita regardless of how much they consumed in government services. Now you abandon that in favor of a consumption tax.

    Apparently the word "always" to you means "of the moment because it is convenient".

    I support any tax that prevents people you support from winning elections by promising the masses the wealth of others.
    Actually your own posts and the way you abandon your own "principles" of taxation show conclusively that you support any tax method or scheme which simply gives you a tax break.

    flat tax, user tax, consumption tax-all prevent the many from being seduced by promises only the rich will pay more and more to fund the government services the many feel they are entitled to
    Did we miss the part of your post where you reproduced those promises seducing the masses?

    and I pay more in a quarter than you make in a year and you whine I should pay more
    Maybe you do. Maybe you don't. Its irrelevant.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious
    Well relativity just means by percentage. That's quite a large difference between what he said and what you mocked - however I am not sure if what he said has any truthfulness to it since he did not back that statement up.
    That's the point - he couldn't back it up. It was an emotional plea, not one based on rationality, economics, or mathematics. He was constructing a red herring. It'd be like saying Texas leads the nation in obesity and heart attacks. Well, duh...it's a huge damn state.

    He spun his words to another rant against the haves. It doesn't matter that the United States has the 2nd highest corporate tax in the world. It doesn't matter that the top 1% of wage-earners in America pay well over half the tax burden. It doesn't matter that almost half of Americans don't pay one red cent in income taxes. He is just mad that Bill Gates can buy a Porsche and he can't. What does he want, a sympathy chorus?

  6. #366
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Turtle to me



    Taxes are taxes are taxes regardless on what or paid to what. That has been explained to you many many times in thread after thread after thread.



    and you continue to obsess and focus on but a single tax paid to one level of government because it is progressive in nature and thus is the target of your ire because it goes against your own selfish interests.

    Any time you feel you can no longer tolerate the American system of government or the American people you can always exercise your right to find a more suitable environment elsewhere. But you do not. You continue to stay knowing the rules and the knowing the system.



    that is pure baloney and you know it. We recently reproduced many of your own posts in which you advocated for a taxation system based on how much a person consumed in government services because that was your sacred principle of taxation. Then you abandoned that "principle" in favor of a tax system that would spread all the cost of government over all citizens per capita regardless of how much they consumed in government services. Now you abandon that in favor of a consumption tax.

    Apparently the word "always" to you means "of the moment because it is convenient".



    Actually your own posts and the way you abandon your own "principles" of taxation show conclusively that you support any tax method or scheme which simply gives you a tax break.



    Did we miss the part of your post where you reproduced those promises seducing the masses?



    Maybe you do. Maybe you don't. Its irrelevant.

    Hay if you read turtledudes posts consistently he is all over the place...one day hes for this one days hes for that....the only thing he is for is that he should pay less taxs than anyone else...umm just because he is him....FAIL...and thank the good lord the middleclass and poor outvote the handful of rich that have it all.

  7. #367
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Liberals are racists. No exceptions. I wish nothing but pain and suffering on each and every one of you, personally, until you convert or die.
    Congratulations, Jerry. This may be the most ignorant statement in the history of DP.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #368
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Hay if you read turtledudes posts consistently he is all over the place...one day hes for this one days hes for that....the only thing he is for is that he should pay less taxs than anyone else...umm just because he is him....FAIL...and thank the good lord the middleclass and poor outvote the handful of rich that have it all.
    Well said lpast. I really have no problem with Turtle believing he should get a tax cut. He has a right to feel that way. What I have a huge problem with is his pretending that those feelings - and nothing more than those feelings - are enough to conduct a debate about tax policy. That is simply ridiculous.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #369
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Turtle to me



    Taxes are taxes are taxes regardless on what or paid to what. That has been explained to you many many times in thread after thread after thread.



    and you continue to obsess and focus on but a single tax paid to one level of government because it is progressive in nature and thus is the target of your ire because it goes against your own selfish interests.

    Any time you feel you can no longer tolerate the American system of government or the American people you can always exercise your right to find a more suitable environment elsewhere. But you do not. You continue to stay knowing the rules and the knowing the system.



    that is pure baloney and you know it. We recently reproduced many of your own posts in which you advocated for a taxation system based on how much a person consumed in government services because that was your sacred principle of taxation. Then you abandoned that "principle" in favor of a tax system that would spread all the cost of government over all citizens per capita regardless of how much they consumed in government services. Now you abandon that in favor of a consumption tax.

    Apparently the word "always" to you means "of the moment because it is convenient".



    Actually your own posts and the way you abandon your own "principles" of taxation show conclusively that you support any tax method or scheme which simply gives you a tax break.



    Did we miss the part of your post where you reproduced those promises seducing the masses?



    Maybe you do. Maybe you don't. Its irrelevant.
    wrong, the fact that you pay state taxes IN NO WAY relieves you of your duties to pay federal taxes. You seem to forget that citizenship comes with duties and paying for that citizenship is one of them. Your claims about my position are completely dishonest



  10. #370
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Congratulations, Jerry. This may be the most ignorant statement in the history of DP.
    Oh that is up there but its no worse than those who claim the rich stole wealth from others or anyone who opposes affirmative action is racist. all are equally silly



Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •