View Poll Results: Why is the middle class the most crippled by income tax? Select all that apply

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allowing many people to have a shot at being uber-wealthy is dangerous

    1 1.19%
  • Making the uber-wealthy share the load would be bad for the economy

    0 0%
  • The middle class do not have as much of an influence on politics as the wealthy do

    30 35.71%
  • The idea that the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax is a myth

    54 64.29%
  • A few wealthy, a few more middle class and many lower class citizens is best

    3 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 465

Thread: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

  1. #331
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Pain naturally makes people think of the errors of their ways. So making people feel the pain of their actions is a great tool to teach people. It doesn't imply that you will torture them, rule over them with a iron fist, it means they will learn from their actions by feeling the pain of those actions.
    Is thta why so any people keep on playing sports like full contact football, rugby, hurling, etc.......

  2. #332
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    I have no idea what you are talking about.... and I wonder if you do either.

    What I am a proponent of is the American people and the American form of government and a sustainable society which can see our greatest days ahead. That has nothing to do with Marx - Karl or Groucho - either being about as relevant to your attack on me.

    The system you loathe of the 47% - you know darn well it was given to us by a Republican President and 91% of the votes in Congress which passed it were provided by Republicans. Of course, facts do not deter you in any way from your ideological crusade to demonize the Democratic party.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #333
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about.... and I wonder if you do either.

    What I am a proponent of is the American people and the American form of government and a sustainable society which can see our greatest days ahead. That has nothing to do with Marx - Karl or Groucho - either being about as relevant to your attack on me.

    The system you loathe of the 47% - you know darn well it was given to us by a Republican President and 91% of the votes in Congress which passed it were provided by Republicans. Of course, facts do not deter you in any way from your ideological crusade to demonize the Democratic party.
    Unlike you Haymarket, I will criticize bad law or bad decisions of BOTH parties. Bush pushed tax cuts for everyone and that led to the screwed up increase in even more people not paying FIT. But its you dems who want the rich to pay more and more to fund the election efforts of dems



  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Hysterical hyperbolic drama

    why shouldn't everyone pay more taxes when government spends more? why should it only be the rich who are tasked with paying for all the goodies your dem masters use to buy the votes of the many?
    When you write stuff like this its as if you just dropped in here for your first day. Unlike yourself who only endorses tax proposals (and at that a different one almost weekly) which gives yourself a tax cut, I support tax raises for ALL across the board and that includes myself.

    And in all the hundreds of times you foist this nonsense on the board, you have NEVER provided an iota of evidence about the malarkey of democrats buying votes. Not once - not ever. Of course we must consider that you eschew verifiable evidence the way a vampire eschews daylight.
    Last edited by haymarket; 08-27-11 at 11:03 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #335
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    you sending any extra money to the government Haymarket? and you want the rich to pay far more additional taxes



  6. #336
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you sending any extra money to the government Haymarket? and you want the rich to pay far more additional taxes
    Its none of your business what I do with my money and keep your nose out of my personal affairs. That is NOT a matter of public policy and I would insist that you respect the line between discussions of public policy and a posters private life.

    I have said - repeatedly and frequently - that I advocate ALL Americans who earn an income to pay an income tax and support across the board tax increases.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #337
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its none of your business what I do with my money and keep your nose out of my personal affairs. That is NOT a matter of public policy and I would insist that you respect the line between discussions of public policy and a posters private life.

    I have said - repeatedly and frequently - that I advocate ALL Americans who earn an income to pay an income tax and support across the board tax increases.
    More drama. If you are so insistent that the government take more money of those who already pay far too much, I suggest you put your money where your mouth is.

    Liberalism-being generous with other peoples' wealth and taking the credit



  8. #338
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you sending any extra money to the government Haymarket? and you want the rich to pay far more additional taxes
    Lawyers should be banned from voting...most politicians are lawyers and its a conflict of interest being able to vote for those that have only your special interests at the forefront like blocking tort reform and giving lawyers tax cuts.

  9. #339
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Lawyers should be banned from voting...most politicians are lawyers and its a conflict of interest being able to vote for those that have only your special interests at the forefront like blocking tort reform and giving lawyers tax cuts.
    you do know that Lawyers are among the biggest donors to the party you worship.

    and everyone who has been around this forum for more than you have know that I am an avid supporter of both tort reform and making plaintiffs who lose lawsuits pay the costs and fees of the prevailing defendant

    your silly post is not responsive to my earlier post btw



  10. #340
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    More drama. If you are so insistent that the government take more money of those who already pay far too much, I suggest you put your money where your mouth is.

    Liberalism-being generous with other peoples' wealth and taking the credit
    "DRAMA" - as you misuse it - obviously means anyone here who disagrees with your far right positions and gets in your face about it.

    There is no sense in replying to your same nonsense over and over and over again when I correct you and you still type out the same malarkey.

    I favor a tax increase for ALL Americans who earn an income. Which words in that sentence do you not comprehend?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •