View Poll Results: Why is the middle class the most crippled by income tax? Select all that apply

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allowing many people to have a shot at being uber-wealthy is dangerous

    1 1.19%
  • Making the uber-wealthy share the load would be bad for the economy

    0 0%
  • The middle class do not have as much of an influence on politics as the wealthy do

    30 35.71%
  • The idea that the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax is a myth

    54 64.29%
  • A few wealthy, a few more middle class and many lower class citizens is best

    3 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 465

Thread: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

  1. #211
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I say the 90% use far more.

    can you say one way or the other? We know you won't because either you will lie or you will undercut the premise for your soak the rich nonsense

    Do you understand the difference in the terms, opinion and proof, "counselor? Opinions repeated over and over again are still not proof. Let's see your proof of your claim that the rich benefit less from government than the working class?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #212
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We can have a discussion, if you like, after you either prove your claim, or retract it. Where is your authoritative evidence of your claim that the rich benefit less from government than the working class, "counselor"?

    You must've missed it catawba its somewhere, SOMEWHERE amongst his hundreds of whine posts...

  3. #213
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I say the 90% use far more.

    can you say one way or the other? We know you won't because either you will lie or you will undercut the premise for your soak the rich nonsense
    These are frivolous arguments as they do not address the issue of the middle-class (and below) taxpayers would pay a more relatively crippling amount of taxes than the upper-class (those making around $250K and up).

  4. #214
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Do you understand the difference in the terms, opinion and proof, "counselor? Opinions repeated over and over again are still not proof. Let's see your proof of your claim that the rich benefit less from government than the working class?
    your evasions are telling

    what do you believe.

    I know that 90% use more. than one percent no matter how you slice it

    do you?



  5. #215
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    These are frivolous arguments as they do not address the issue of the middle-class (and below) taxpayers would pay a more relatively crippling amount of taxes than the upper-class (those making around $250K and up).
    wrong-first you are being dishonest. the middle class do not pay crippling amounts of income tax. they pay less of the income tax burden now than at any time in the last 70 years. trying to keep up with the Joneses is the main source of problem with the middle class. maxed out credit cards etc is their problem combined with a sapping of ambition caused by the welfare society and too much government.

    from each according to (what you decide is ability) their ability is not the only basis for a tax rate.

    if the middle class don't want to pay more they should stop voting in big spenders. its the middle and lower classes who provide the votes, not us in the top 2 percent.



  6. #216
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your evasions are telling

    what do you believe.

    I know that 90% use more. than one percent no matter how you slice it

    do you?
    What matters more to you TD? The overall good of the commonwealth or the absolute freedom of the individual? If we can't come to an agreement or compromise on this, I think that we will continue to argue the same points and not get anywhere because it appears the two are at odds. If one believes the absolute freedom of the individual is most important, that ethic is not compatible with the position that the commonwealth is more important. However, if one believes that a good mix between the freedom of the individual and the good of the commonwealth is best, progress can be made.

  7. #217
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your evasions are telling

    what do you believe.

    I know that 90% use more. than one percent no matter how you slice it

    do you?
    I am not the one that is evading backing up my claims. I believe your expressed opinion that the rich benefit less than the working class is load of horse ****, "counselor"!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #218
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    What matters more to you TD? The overall good of the commonwealth or the absolute freedom of the individual? If we can't come to an agreement or compromise on this, I think that we will continue to argue the same points and not get anywhere because it appears the two are at odds. If one believes the absolute freedom of the individual is most important, that ethic is not compatible with the position that the commonwealth is more important. However, if one believes that a good mix between the freedom of the individual and the good of the commonwealth is best, progress can be made.
    simple question

    which group-each paying about the same amount of federal income tax dollars-uses more of the services paid for by that tax

    the top one percent or the bottom 90%



  9. #219
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I am not the one that is evading backing up my claims. I believe your expressed opinion that the rich benefit less than the working class is load of horse ****, "counselor"!
    so you are saying that 90X people use less of the government services paid for by the FIT than that top one percent.

    OKIE DOKIE



  10. #220
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Why does the middle class pay the most crippling amount of income tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong-first you are being dishonest. the middle class do not pay crippling amounts of income tax. they pay less of the income tax burden now than at any time in the last 70 years.
    Largely because there a middle class hardly exists in comparison to the past 70 years.

    Also, they do pay a relatively more crippling amount as the ratio of total taxes per individual income to average base level living expenses (only the necessities) is far too unequal (remember that I have no problem with income inequality, only the severity of that inequality as excessively huge disparities lead to further and further separation, making economic class mobility more like a lottery than anything).

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    trying to keep up with the Joneses is the main source of problem with the middle class. maxed out credit cards etc is their problem combined with a sapping of ambition caused by the welfare society and too much government.

    from each according to (what you decide is ability) their ability is not the only basis for a tax rate.

    if the middle class don't want to pay more they should stop voting in big spenders. its the middle and lower classes who provide the votes, not us in the top 2 percent.
    So you don't think crippling tax rates have anything to do with the middle class' debt? Do you have any idea how expensive health care for someone in the middle class is? They get poor insurance (sometimes none) and pay huge tax percentages without any tax loopholes comparable to that of the wealthy class
    Last edited by MusicAdventurer; 08-25-11 at 11:38 PM.

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •