View Poll Results: Are they?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they are, and should be prosecuted.

    19 41.30%
  • Yes they are, but they shouldn't be prosecuted.

    19 41.30%
  • No they aren't.

    8 17.39%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 126

Thread: Is this person distributing child pornography?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Incredibly poor judgment, yes. CP, no.

  2. #32
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Because the exploitation typically occurs during the PRODUCTION of said material, not the distribution. And no one other than the "victim" played any role in the production whatsoever.



    If that is the case, who are you suggesting is the exploiter here? The minor themselves, or people who find it online and redistribute it? If it's the minor themselves, then this whole argument makes no sense. If it's other people, are you suggesting that people should be arrested for viewing pictures on a legal website that turn out to be of a 16-year-old instead of an 18-year-old?
    You don't seem to understand that child pornography isn't simply photos of children being sexual abused and raped. A 15 year old posing for Playboy is not legal, that is considered child porn. In fact, this as happened before... Traci Lords was an underage porn actress and she was also a Playboy centerfold when she was minor. Traci lied about her age, but the fact is, owning that edition of Playboy is illegal because she is a minor.

    You claim to know these laws so well, then you should be able to figure it all out. This isn't rocket science. A 15 year old can't pose in playboy for a reason. There are no websites that operate openly and legally by simply showing underage girls naked, and not engaged in sex.

    Who is the exploiter... the person exploiting the photos, duh. The fact is a minor posting photos of themselves naked run the risk of those photos being taken by pedophiles and those photos being exploited and traded by sexual predators. It simply wouldn't be wise of a young minor to take photos of themselves and upload them online. If you really think that that should be legal and fine, then you would end up with a society where young girls would be openly and publicly drooled over by pedophiles. That is just unacceptable. Children don't think things through like that... children don't think pedophiles might trade photos of them of they upload a photo. That kind of **** can haunt somebody, and it all comes down to them being a young, naive child and simply not knowing the risks.

    I actually have watched some of The Kardashians... and well, Kim has had similar problems with photos she took as a minor and them being traded online. That haunts her. She is also famous, so those photos are high value in the pedophile circles. One episode on the show even had somebody anonymously emailing about those photos.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 08-19-11 at 08:54 PM.

  3. #33
    Professor
    atrasicarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Well, they're distributing child porn just by the definition of the words. They are (legally) children, and they are producing pornography. That's just kind of the way grammar works. With that said, I agree with everyone who said that there's no such thing as a victimless crime. They're choosing to do it of their own free will. It doesn't matter if it's a bad decision or not, it's no business of the state. It is, however, the business of the parents.
    For: legalizing drugs, gay marriage, abortion, guns, universal health care, public sector jobs, nuclear power, free education, progressive taxation
    Against: corporations, make-work, the 40 hour work week, intellectual property, imperialism, "homeland security," censorship

  4. #34
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Umm just how old are you talking? I bet this situation is far more common among high schoolers, than it is among little kids. "Too young to understand the possible outcomes"? Most teenagers probably understand the internet better than the representatives who write these broad laws and the DAs who overzealously enforce them.
    If a high school teen uploaded nude photos of themselves online, then they probably don't know the risks of those photos or aren't even knowledgeable about these laws we are discussing. A lot of kids understand the internet very well, but they don't always exercise superior judgement when utilizing the internet.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    You don't seem to understand that child pornography isn't simply photos of children being sexual abused and raped. A 15 year old posing for Playboy is not legal, that is considered child porn. In fact, this as happened before... Traci Lords was an underage porn actress and she was also a Playboy centerfold when she was minor. Traci lied about her age, but the fact is, owning that edition of Playboy is illegal because she is a minor.
    Wait hold on there for a second. What a photographer like David Hamilton does is perfectly legal. You can google him if you want to. The sex films that Traci Lords did were illegal not the photos.

    *for the record I can not stand David Hamilton's work. It is neo romantic crap with little to no intellectual depth and on the level of a Harlequin Romance novel. And I can cite other examples where images of nude children have been made such as Sally Mann or Jock Sturges.

  6. #36
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    You don't seem to understand that child pornography isn't simply photos of children being sexual abused and raped. A 15 year old posing for Playboy is not legal, that is considered child porn. In fact, this as happened before... Traci Lords was an underage porn actress and she was also a Playboy centerfold when she was minor. Traci lied about her age, but the fact is, owning that edition of Playboy is illegal because she is a minor.
    If anyone has been arrested for owning this Playboy, it's a perfect example of people losing all common sense over this issue. Do you really think people should be arrested if they are in possession of this magazine?

    Who is the exploiter... the person exploiting the photos, duh. The fact is a minor posting photos of themselves naked run the risk of those photos being taken by pedophiles and those photos being exploited and traded by sexual predators.
    Meh, whatever. Again, who is harmed by that? I don't buy the line of thinking that someone is inherently victimized by other people privately fantasizing about them...whether they're a minor or adult.

    It simply wouldn't be wise of a young minor to take photos of themselves and upload them online.
    This is true. But saying it isn't wise is FAR from the same as saying they should be arrested for it.

    If you really think that that should be legal and fine, then you would end up with a society where young girls would be openly and publicly drooled over by pedophiles. That is just unacceptable.
    I think society has far bigger things to worry about. Frankly the moral panic in this country surrounding the sexualization of minors is a bit silly IMO. So yes, punish the people who actually molest children, but I could care less about somebody getting their rocks off to a picture some teenager uploaded to the web. And the idea of punishing the "victim" themselves is ludicrous.

    Children don't think things through like that... children don't think pedophiles might trade photos of them of they upload a photo. That kind of **** can haunt somebody, and it all comes down to them being a young, naive child and simply not knowing the risks.
    I would suggest that being convicted of child pornography because they took a photo of themselves, is going to haunt them a lot more than the photo itself would.

    I actually have watched some of The Kardashians... and well, Kim has had similar problems with photos she took as a minor and them being traded online. That haunts her. She is also famous, so those photos are high value in the pedophile circles. One episode on the show even had somebody anonymously emailing about those photos.
    And what do you suggest be done about that? Dumb teenagers will be dumb teenagers.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-19-11 at 09:14 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #37
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The scenario isn't simply a child taking nude photos of themselves... This scenario is about a child taking nude photos of themselves, and uploading on the internet. A child doing something like that is probably too young to understand the possible outcomes of doing so.
    So, because they don't understand the outcomes of uploading nudie pictures of themselves, what we should do is arrest them, charge them with producing child pornography and place them on the sex offenders list for life. That'll sure learn 'em, good.

  8. #38
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Wait hold on there for a second. What a photographer like David Hamilton does is perfectly legal. You can google him if you want to. The sex films that Traci Lords did were illegal not the photos.

    *for the record I can not stand David Hamilton's work. It is neo romantic crap with little to no intellectual depth and on the level of a Harlequin Romance novel. And I can cite other examples where images of nude children have been made such as Sally Mann or Jock Sturges.
    I don't know who David Hamilton is... I looked him up and he is British. As for Traci Lords, I have seen this statement many times and in several different sources. I knew this before even looking it up.

    Was the centerfold model for the same issue of Penthouse Magazine that "exposed" Miss America 1984, Vanessa Williams. Because she was underage, it is illegal to own or trade that issue unless the pictorial of Ms. Lords is removed.
    The only thing I had wrong was it was Penthouse, not Playboy...

    Traci Lords - Biography

  9. #39
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Wait hold on there for a second. What a photographer like David Hamilton does is perfectly legal. You can google him if you want to. The sex films that Traci Lords did were illegal not the photos.

    *for the record I can not stand David Hamilton's work. It is neo romantic crap with little to no intellectual depth and on the level of a Harlequin Romance novel. And I can cite other examples where images of nude children have been made such as Sally Mann or Jock Sturges.
    Louis Malle's Pretty Baby starring Brooke Shields. Full frontal nudity of, what , a 10 year old girl, shown in US theaters. No sex though.

  10. #40
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    They should not be prosecuted because a couple of goofy kids lives would be destroyed over them playing silly games.

    What they need is to have the fear of possible consequences drilled in if they ever do it again.

    Kids almost all do things without thinking and should not have to register as a sex offender.

    I don't know of any guy in high school who didn't spend almost every waking minute thinking about having sex, except me of course.

    And by the time they are seniors a lot of kids turn 18 and in California that makes them adults.

    I know many young people are on this site and never had the opportunity to steam up the windows of a car at the drive-in but trust me it happened all the time, and a large number of them could have been in big trouble.

    This bring back some great memories. Can you imagine they were parked that close steaming up the windows to insure privacy?
    Is this person distributing child pornography?-socaldims5-jpg

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •