View Poll Results: Are they?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they are, and should be prosecuted.

    19 41.30%
  • Yes they are, but they shouldn't be prosecuted.

    19 41.30%
  • No they aren't.

    8 17.39%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 126

Thread: Is this person distributing child pornography?

  1. #21
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    does the actual law say anything about there having to be a victim? i don't believe it does. and if a minor can't make the decision for herself, such as being able to consent to sex, why should she be able to post herself nasked on the internet. i'm not advocating jail time, but charging such a person could lead to counseling, which the girl clearly needs if she pasting herself all over the interwebz. or her family life should be investigated.

    then, when she's 18, she can get a job as a stripper.

    The victim here can be any other underage child that view her/his uploaded pornography....just like trespassing in an open field to take a walk...theres no victim unless you want to consider the owner a victim of someone stepping on his ground.

  2. #22
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    If she's the victimizer, then who is the victim of the her crime?
    please answer the question: how does the law read?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #23
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    If she's the victimizer, then who is the victim of the her crime?

    Dont have to have a victim there is victimless crimes...Im not debating whether this is or not though

    Victimless crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  4. #24
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    The crime committed with child pornography is when children are exploited in creating it. Possession of said materials is illegal based on the concept that creating demand for CP leads to children being abused to create supply. Charging anyone for a picture they took of themselves is completely absurd. I find it disgusting that laws that theoretically protect children are used to prosecute them instead. If you aren't mature enough to make choices about sex, then you definitely aren't mature enough to be prosecuted for them either.

  5. #25
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    It doesn't matter if a minor is managing the photos or the website. It doesn't change the fact that those photos are there for anybody and everybody to view, including pedophiles.
    Who cares? Those laws are in place to protect children from exploitation by adults, not to prevent pedophiles from getting off.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-19-11 at 05:34 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #26
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    No, it should not be legal. We should in no way condone it. To me it would be more along the lines of suicide being illegal. We don't actually charge someone with attempted suicide and put them on trial. We use it to allow us to get them help.

    That IMO is the type of crime this should be.
    A person who attempts suicide (usually) has serious mental problems that need to be addressed by a psychologist to prevent them from harming themselves. A dumb teenager who takes nude pictures of themselves is just being a dumb teenager. What kind of "help" do you think the government can offer them to change that reality?
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-19-11 at 05:35 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #27
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Who cares? Those laws are in place to protect children from exploitation by adults, not to prevent pedophiles from getting off.
    I honestly don't understand your argument. In fact, I think you're twisting the facts.

    How is a minor not being exploited if a pedophile takes their nude photos from a legal website and trades them? Child pornography is illegal, not because it gets pedophiles off. It's illegal because it is exploiting children.

  8. #28
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    A person who attempts suicide (usually) has serious mental problems that need to be addressed by a psychologist to prevent them from harming themselves. A dumb teenager who takes nude pictures of themselves is just being a dumb teenager. What kind of "help" do you think the government can offer them to change that reality?
    The scenario isn't simply a child taking nude photos of themselves... This scenario is about a child taking nude photos of themselves, and uploading on the internet. A child doing something like that is probably too young to understand the possible outcomes of doing so.

  9. #29
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    How is a minor not being exploited if a pedophile takes their nude photos from a legal website and trades them?
    Because the exploitation typically occurs during the PRODUCTION of said material, not the distribution. And no one other than the "victim" played any role in the production whatsoever.

    Child pornography is illegal, not because it gets pedophiles off. It's illegal because it is exploiting children.
    If that is the case, who are you suggesting is the exploiter here? The minor themselves, or people who find it online and redistribute it? If it's the minor themselves, then this whole argument makes no sense. If it's other people, are you suggesting that people should be arrested for viewing pictures on a legal website that turn out to be of a 16-year-old instead of an 18-year-old?
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-19-11 at 07:12 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #30
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Is this person distributing child pornography?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The scenario isn't simply a child taking nude photos of themselves... This scenario is about a child taking nude photos of themselves, and uploading on the internet. A child doing something like that is probably too young to understand the possible outcomes of doing so.
    Umm just how old are you talking? I bet this situation is far more common among high schoolers, than it is among little kids. "Too young to understand the possible outcomes"? Most teenagers probably understand the internet better than the representatives who write these broad laws and the DAs who overzealously enforce them.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-19-11 at 07:09 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •