View Poll Results: Who was in the right?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morgan

    17 32.69%
  • O'Donnel

    30 57.69%
  • Niether

    2 3.85%
  • Other

    3 5.77%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: Who Was In The Right?

  1. #51
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who Was In The Right?


  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    ...
    Enterprise wins.

  3. #53
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I disagree. The typical O'Donnell fan is hardly the typical Piers Morgan fan. By bringing O'Donnell on he has a benefit in hopefully generating new viewers that would previously not have watched his show that may continue to watch it. I disagree entirely that there was no way for Morgan to have any benefit regarding the interview without being able to ask probing questions.
    I think Piers Morgan's viewship numbers less than 4 million, not so good.

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,960

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I think the typical Morgan fan is far more likely to be the typical O'Donnell hater. Who is most interested in reading and hearing about Palin, for example? I say it's liberals.

    And I see very little chance of O'Donnell's fans ever becoming Piers Morgan fans. I'm sure he sees the same thing. Therefore, the people to target are those who do not like O'donnell, IMO, because I don't think that he has any chance to woo the peopel you are talking about.
    Similarly then, what benefit does O'Donnell coming onto his show give her really? If Piers fans only care about attacking her, and O'Donnell fans have little chance of becoming Piers fans, what chance does Pier's fans have of really going out and buying a book that's positive about O'Donnell? I would say Liberals in general are more interested in reading negative things about Palin, but I would imagine Palin's book was bought far more by Conservatives than Liberals. Same for Palin's movie. Liberals were excited to read the articles trashing it, insulting it, pulling out juicy details they could spin out of it, but I didn't see a large rush of Liberals to actually purchase it. If its safe to assume O'Donnell fans wouldn't possibly get hooked on Morgan, I think its reasonable to suggest Pier's fans aren't likely to buy a positive book about O'Donnell.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,722

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Probably, but that's actually because someone is gaming the system not because of hypocricy.

    25 votes for O'Donnell, but only one by an actual member of DP who was logged on at the time the vote was cast. It's a common occurrence whenever the issue relates in some way to gay rights that the poll gets abnormally skewed to the "right". Click the number of votes in the poll results in order to see if this is happening (Just count the number of names by each vote in order to see how many actual forum members voted).
    Whoa, there's a way to rig the poll results?

  6. #56
    Advisor Just1Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    07-20-13 @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    389

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    O'Donnel is a petulant windbag with an overbearing voice only matched her girth.
    A prime example of a 'I'm going to whine and cry to get my own way' brand of liberal.
    What a brilliant demonstration of your complete ignorance of the topic! Do you ever actually try to post anything helpful (or relevant, even) to the threads you comment in? Or is trolling all you do?

  7. #57
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,649

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I bet you anything that had this been a liberal politician who walked out, the poll numbers would have been reversed.
    Who votes in these polls anyway???

  8. #58
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    O’Donnell walks out of CNN interview – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs



    Basically, Piers Morgan was asking her about her stance on gay issues and abstinence, about stuff she had said during her campaign for senate, and in her new book. She got upset and walked off. Was Morgan in the right to ask those questions, was O'Donnal right to think she should be able to control the topic?
    This proves she isn't a witch or else she would have cast magic missile.

  9. #59
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Basically, Piers Morgan was asking her about her stance on gay issues and abstinence, about stuff she had said during her campaign for senate, and in her new book. She got upset and walked off. Was Morgan in the right to ask those questions, was O'Donnal right to think she should be able to control the topic?
    If there was some pre-existing agreement to stay away from the controversial issues, she might have been justified in getting angry and walking off. However, I doubt that's the case, as she claimed she wanted to talk about the book (during the interview), and apparently gay rights issues are in her book. Whining that the interviewer should only ask the questions she wants him to ask was particularly stupid. Like a lot of other people in this thread have been saying, if you don't want to be asked tough questions, stay the hell out of the limelight.

  10. #60
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,171

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    It's quite weird, even by her own standards.

    "...She refused to discuss the subject, even while conceding that it was covered in Troublemaker, the book O'Donnell was promoting on the show.

    "You're borderline being a little bit rude," O'Donnell told Morgan when he pressed her on her refusal to address gay marriage. "I don't think it's relevant. It's not a topic I choose to embrace. It's not what I'm championing right now."

    Morgan said he was "baffled" at her stance, explaining: "I'm just asking questions based on your own public statements, and now what you've written in your own book."...

    ...Morgan, meanwhile, remained apparently baffled, retweeting to his 1.1 million followers a journalist's tweet saying: "Christine O'Donnell is the first author in the history of publishing to walk out of a TV interview because the host apparently read her book."

    Christine O'Donnell walks off Piers Morgan show | World news | The Guardian
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •