View Poll Results: Who was in the right?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morgan

    17 32.69%
  • O'Donnel

    30 57.69%
  • Niether

    2 3.85%
  • Other

    3 5.77%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70

Thread: Who Was In The Right?

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    If these hosts want to continue having these guests, they are going to have to continue to deal with the limitations imposed on them by the guests and their publicists, managers, etc.... If the host feels they can do their show without guests, great. If not, they will always be forced to cut these types of deals because if they don't, someone else will.
    Who matters more, the people or the guest ?
    Both should of course, but ultimately, the host must decide if he wants his show to be a beacon of light or a shill for political extremism.
    Right now, we seem to have far too much of the latter.
    About the only shows I like are CSpan, NPR, and PBS.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    If these hosts want to continue having these guests, they are going to have to continue to deal with the limitations imposed on them by the guests and their publicists, managers, etc.... If the host feels they can do their show without guests, great. If not, they will always be forced to cut these types of deals because if they don't, someone else will.
    That's not necessarily true. I remember Oprah said in an interview that she never accepted limitations for interviews on her show. When people would request that she not mention certain things, she told them "no, I'll ask what I want or we don't have to do the interview" and she got plenty of guests.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's not necessarily true. I remember Oprah said in an interview that she never accepted limitations for interviews on her show. When people would request that she not mention certain things, she told them "no, I'll ask what I want or we don't have to do the interview" and she got plenty of guests.
    I'm not an Oprah viewer, so I have to ask..... Exactly how many Politicians did she regularly have on that show? What I can remember seeing it was generally celebrities and pop culture people more than Politicians. Assuming she didn't have a lot of politicians, I would suggest her unwillingness to limit topics of conversation would be a main reason why.

  4. #14
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Someone promoting a book is actually being provided a service by the interviewer (regardless of whether or not they are smart enough to realize it). She may have run for office previously, but now she's promoting her book. By leaving she fails to take advantage of the service and also makes it look as though she doesn't have the courage to sit for a real interview, which could cost her more interviews in the future. If I was her publisher, I'd be pissed about her behavior.

    On the other side, Piers Morgan's benefits from the interview are entirely dependent on the types of questions he asks. If he asks softball questions of a controversial figure such as this, then he does not benefit at all from it. However, if he asks tougher questions he does benefit. He took the latter approach and because of that, his guess walked off. Whoop-de-do. There are plenty of people who understand the idea of publicizing their books out there in the world who won't walk away from an interview simply because they want to play the victim. If I was his producer, I'd be very pleased with him. His ratings won't be hurt by this, and it helps him develop a reputation for putting public figures in the hot seat.

    So, from the perspective of looking at the ultimate goals each person had going into the interview, he was absolutely right to ask her such questions. And because she doesn't seem to actually understand the idea of book promotion, she is wrong.

  5. #15
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    What I can remember seeing it was generally celebrities and pop culture people more than Politicians.
    O'Donnell is nothing more than a celebrity and pop culture person. One actually has to hold a political office or currently be running for political office to qualify as a politician. She has never held apolitical office, and she is not running for office, so calling her a politician is akin to calling the Rent is Too Damn High guy a politician.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 08-18-11 at 08:59 AM.

  6. #16
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    O’Donnell walks out of CNN interview – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs



    Basically, Piers Morgan was asking her about her stance,. those questions, was O'Donnal right to think she should be able to control the topic?
    She is an idiot for thinking she could control the topic. It is the host/interviewer's show not the person being interviewed. Republicans usually say that CNN stands for Communist News Network or Clinton News network and she went on there anyways, so that makes her a even bigger idiot for going onto the show and thinking liberals would not ask her questions that themselves think are controversial. If she wanted to control the questions being asked then she should have the network or who ever signed a contract that only specific questions would be asked. Morgan is the one in the right seeing how it is his show and or that he is the interviewer. If O'donnell didn't want to have views that upset libs then she should have been a lib.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 08-18-11 at 09:02 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Neither is "right." She is "wrong" just because she is wrong. He is "wrong" for giving this circus clown the time of day.

  8. #18
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    He is "wrong" for giving this circus clown the time of day.
    Circus clowns like her get ratings for some reason.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I'm not an Oprah viewer, so I have to ask..... Exactly how many Politicians did she regularly have on that show? What I can remember seeing it was generally celebrities and pop culture people more than Politicians. Assuming she didn't have a lot of politicians, I would suggest her unwillingness to limit topics of conversation would be a main reason why.
    She had Obama, George W. Bush, Palin, Gore, Clinton, John Edwards, Joe Biden, Arnold Swartezewhatever and probably others.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 08-18-11 at 09:22 AM.

  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,195

    Re: Who Was In The Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    She is an idiot for thinking she could control the topic. It is the host/interviewer's show not the person being interviewed. Republicans usually say that CNN stands for Communist News Network or Clinton News network and she went on there anyways, so that makes her a even bigger idiot for going onto the show and thinking liberals would not ask her questions that themselves think are controversial. If she wanted to control the questions being asked then she should have the network or who ever signed a contract that only specific questions would be asked. Morgan is the one in the right seeing how it is his show and or that he is the interviewer. If O'donnell didn't want to have views that upset libs then she should have been a lib.
    I see what you're saying, and I do think you're right.

    I wonder though, if her whole idea wasn't to get up and walk off. She knew that CNN was not going to toss softballs, so she was just waiting for her chance to storm off. She gets to look like a "hero" to the TP, and to be honest, would we be talking about her if the interview had gone without a hitch?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •