View Poll Results: Are you smarter than The Obama?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am smarter than The Obama

    14 36.84%
  • We're evn, or just about

    8 21.05%
  • The Obama is smarter than me.

    16 42.11%
Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 543

Thread: Are you smarter than The Obama?

  1. #461
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1Voice View Post
    "moby"?? Doesn't one have to be actively pretending to be conservative to earn that label? What is your justification for applying it now?

    Please, can't we keep our terminology straight? Communication across the aisles is hard enough already.
    I admit that I'm not up on the latest internet slang that you youngins use. Is there now a term for what Phys251 has done?

    My views on the usage of moby are this: Language is a living thing and the meaning of my usage is conveyed in the context. If there exists a word that is more accurate than moby, then I plead ignorance and will do better next time, after you educate me about what word I should have used. If language was static then homosexuals wouldn't have appropriated the word gay unto themselves and it would still define happiness but because language is a living thing, ever changing, we also see that young people have reappropriated the word away from homosexuals and now use it to define things are are lame and for people who are losers. You can't have it both ways. You chastise me, but do you chastise homosexuals?

  2. #462
    Advisor Just1Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    07-20-13 @ 11:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    389

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    of course not-it conflicts with your erroneous and unfounded view that is based on defend Obama at all costs.
    Do a bit of research before making unfounded observations about my perspective. I defend Obama when I believe it is the rational thing to do, IF I believe the position is defensible.

    Don't throw that phrase "at all costs" around so lightly, please. You'll give the impression you don't know what it means.

    Now, then. As far ar my view being "erroneous and unfounded" is concerned, you are a lawyer, are you not? Surely you know hearsay is not admissible evidence. That is what you gave us... hearsay.

    Moreover, the folks you claim to have given you this confidential information had their own agenda, by your own admission, since they hated the policy, which makes it even more suspect.

    The statement of yours I questioned deserved to be questioned, and you ought to know it. I am beginning to doubt your stated credentials.

  3. #463
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Given from where Obama came from and to where he has gone to, I expect Obama is smarter then me

    He certainly is more driven and achieved a higher level of academic achievement. The academic achievement while not always an indicator of intelligence, in this case I would say it is
    Anybody can be a lawyer, my dog has told me that he wants to be one.
    Catch me if you can.

  4. #464
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    188,135

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1Voice View Post
    Do a bit of research before making unfounded observations about my perspective. I defend Obama when I believe it is the rational thing to do, IF I believe the position is defensible.

    Don't throw that phrase "at all costs" around so lightly, please. You'll give the impression you don't know what it means.

    Now, then. As far ar my view being "erroneous and unfounded" is concerned, you are a lawyer, are you not? Surely you know hearsay is not admissible evidence. That is what you gave us... hearsay.

    Moreover, the folks you claim to have given you this confidential information had their own agenda, by your own admission, since they hated the policy, which makes it even more suspect.

    The statement of yours I questioned deserved to be questioned, and you ought to know it. I am beginning to doubt your stated credentials.
    this isn't a court of law dude. RD already posted undeniable evidence about two law schools that show the top blacks admitted had lower scores than the bottom of the whites and asians

    Here is some more information

    News, Classifieds, legal announcements, sports, advertising, Articles and information in Fayette, Coweta, South Atlanta, Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Newnan, Tyrone and Senoia, Georgia

    Dr. Sander cites as part of his study, performance indicators, which are eye opening. In the so-called elite law schools, 95% of whites had higher grades than their affirmative action counterparts and 8.2% of whites did not graduate from the elite law schools, while 19.3 of blacks failed to graduate. Professor Sander claims the rate of non-graduation for black students would fall to 13.5% without racial preferences while 8.1% of whites failed the bar exam on the first try and 38.6% of blacks failed the bar exam on the first try. Sander, again gives an astounding projection, by projecting that the bar exam failure rate for black students would fall to 20.5% without racial preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.

  5. #465
    Advisor Just1Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    07-20-13 @ 11:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    389

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I admit that I'm not up on the latest internet slang that you youngins use. Is there now a term for what Phys251 has done?

    My views on the usage of moby are this: Language is a living thing and the meaning of my usage is conveyed in the context. If there exists a word that is more accurate than moby, then I plead ignorance and will do better next time, after you educate me about what word I should have used. If language was static then homosexuals wouldn't have appropriated the word gay unto themselves and it would still define happiness but because language is a living thing, ever changing, we also see that young people have reappropriated the word away from homosexuals and now use it to define things are are lame and for people who are losers. You can't have it both ways. You chastise me, but do you chastise homosexuals?
    If, based in context, you were attempting to say that you doubt Phys251 was ever conservative, then perhaps "charlatan" might have been more appropriate.

    I agree about language being living, but I hope you understand that when you use the term "moby" for him, and I look at his profile to see he identifies as a liberal, that is going to raise question marks with me.

    Do I chastise homosexuals for what, exactly? As a group, in a glaring generalization, probably not, whatever it is.

  6. #466
    Advisor Just1Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    07-20-13 @ 11:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    389

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this isn't a court of law dude. RD already posted undeniable evidence about two law schools that show the top blacks admitted had lower scores than the bottom of the whites and asians

    Here is some more information

    News, Classifieds, legal announcements, sports, advertising, Articles and information in Fayette, Coweta, South Atlanta, Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Newnan, Tyrone and Senoia, Georgia

    Dr. Sander cites as part of his study, performance indicators, which are eye opening. In the so-called elite law schools, 95% of whites had higher grades than their affirmative action counterparts and 8.2% of whites did not graduate from the elite law schools, while 19.3 of blacks failed to graduate. Professor Sander claims the rate of non-graduation for black students would fall to 13.5% without racial preferences while 8.1% of whites failed the bar exam on the first try and 38.6% of blacks failed the bar exam on the first try. Sander, again gives an astounding projection, by projecting that the bar exam failure rate for black students would fall to 20.5% without racial preferences.
    That's not what you were talking about, though. You supplied very different numbers, and it appears like an attempt at deception to improve the strength of your claim. You should have stuck with the link.

    And I am not your "dude."
    Last edited by Just1Voice; 08-16-11 at 06:07 PM.

  7. #467
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    188,135

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Powered by Google Docs

    Look at the last page
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.

  8. #468
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 03:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    In conclusion, view any black person in a top college with suspicion and assume they're dumb as ****.

  9. #469
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    188,135

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1Voice View Post
    That's not what you were talking about, though. You supplied very different numbers, and it appears like an attempt at deception to improve the strength of your claim. You should have stuck with the link.

    And I am not your "dude."
    Tell me-what did Obama have on his application that overcame a less than B plus average at Columbia-an average that was several deviations below scores that caused 90% or more of whites to be rejected
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.

  10. #470
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    188,135

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    In conclusion, view any black person in a top college with suspicion and assume they're dumb as ****.
    doesn't affirmative action cast suspicion on blacks who have degrees from top schools?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •