View Poll Results: Are you smarter than The Obama?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am smarter than The Obama

    14 36.84%
  • We're evn, or just about

    8 21.05%
  • The Obama is smarter than me.

    16 42.11%
Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 543

Thread: Are you smarter than The Obama?

  1. #341
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,678

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Okay, so I'll take that as a "yes, a white man has probably entered Harvard Law with a gpa lower than 3.3". That's all I need to no. Have a nice day being upset that a black guy's the president and telling people your credentials left and right to make yourself feel better!
    your point is moronic. For example lets say the olympic team just selected a black male who only runs a 4.10 in the mile and I say that was wrong because white guys running 3.55 were cut from the team. Than you ask HAS ANYONE WHO HAS RUN A 4.10 mile made the olympic team? Sure-75 years ago that made the olympic team. The stuff I ran in HS would have medaled in a couple olympics and I didn't even make it to my state finals. Its the pool he competed against that counts not what Harvard may have accepted in 1913



  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    This is a statement of no validity and does not debate my point logically..
    yeah, but its 100% correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Please review my previous post and explain to me how that is justice.
    I consider it justice. As did every American administration since 1961.

  3. #343
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I agree with you...look my father who I loved more than anything couldnt write...he was a disabled ww2 vet who still went to work everyday in pain...he told me from when I was young...get a good job with benefits take care of the job and it will take care of you....thankfully he doesnt know how wrong he turned out to be with the greedy mutts of my generation...anyway the reason I told you this is....my father didnt know enough to push me to become a professional...I agree it starts with the parents...
    I have sympathy for those who are not raised with the right mentality. With that said, it's fair to make the argument that this mistake should never last two consecutive generations. Suppose your parents did not raise you with the drive to succeed and you are unhappy with the result. Then you learn from their mistake and make certain you raise your children how you wish you would have been raised. This is one argument to discredit the slavery excuse, considering there have been many more than two generations since then.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  4. #344
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yeah, but its 100% correct.
    Your self declaration of my opinion is not logical debate. It neither validates your opinion or invalidates mine. The statement is a logical fallacy.
    I consider it justice. As did every American administration since 1961.
    So then in the 1800's slavery was just? Appealing to law without backing your stance up logically is a weak argument. I'll say it a third time. Please go through my points and explain how punishing me for things I didn't do is justice.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #345
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    but I should say that as far as affirmative action goes, I would have prefered we insured a free college tuition to all African-Americans to any state school, who graduate from high school. i think that would have been a great thing.
    This would clearly be racism if not offered to those of any ethnicity who graduate.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    but I should say that as far as affirmative action goes, I would have prefered we insured a free college tuition to all African-Americans to any state school, who graduate from high school. i think that would have been a great thing.
    How.... odd. What an interesting piece of ammo..

    Thunder, why do you think this? How is that fair?

  7. #347
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your point is moronic. For example lets say the olympic team just selected a black male who only runs a 4.10 in the mile and I say that was wrong because white guys running 3.55 were cut from the team. Than you ask HAS ANYONE WHO HAS RUN A 4.10 mile made the olympic team? Sure-75 years ago that made the olympic team. The stuff I ran in HS would have medaled in a couple olympics and I didn't even make it to my state finals. Its the pool he competed against that counts not what Harvard may have accepted in 1913
    I wasn't really talking about 1913. I wouldn't doubt that at least one white guy has had less than a 3.3 in recent times. Stuff like that happens and usually the types of people who end up in such extraordinary circumstances are extraordinary people who made the admissions office think differently - the kind of extraordinary people who end up being president.

  8. #348
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,678

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Numbers do not lie. This does not, however, result in implication of inferiority of a race. These results are primarily based on a lack of effort and proper training. Ultimately, this falls on the shoulders of parents. Your shadow follows you, but if you try to follow your shadow then you will get nowhere.

    Excellent point

    Jews make up 2% of the population in the USA. My class at Yale was at least 15%-25% Jewish and may have been even higher. 2% of my class would have been 26 students. I knew at least 100 Jewish kids in my class-and those were practicing Jews. That doesn't include those who were born Jewish and did not practice the religion or had one Jewish parent.

    So why did a top college have so many Jewish kids? Is it because Jews are smarter than blacks and other underrepresented minorities. Why was Cornell Engineering School full of Asians and Indians? are they smarter than blacks who made up a very small number-certainly no where near the 12% that they make up of the US Population? Or do different ethnicities have different cultures and in the case of Jews its valuing education?

    I sure don't know the answer but I do know that my brothers and one of my sisters in law have between them 6 Ivy degrees in areas such as an MBA and Masters in Architecture and all of them noted that their classes-and the classes one of my brothers taught as an adjunct professor at the HSofD, had far more Jewish students than the 2% that would be the statistically expected amount. My sister in law is Chinese and her brother was at Cornell Engineering. He joked that his classes looked like the spectators at a Pro Ping Pong tournament



  9. #349
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,678

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I wasn't really talking about 1913. I wouldn't doubt that at least one white guy has had less than a 3.3 in recent times. Stuff like that happens and usually the types of people who end up in such extraordinary circumstances are extraordinary people who made the admissions office think differently - the kind of extraordinary people who end up being president.

    well I know the year I applied to law school one professor at Yale Law-I believe it was Bork-speaking at a Yale Political union debate on affirmative action (the debate was picketed by the Black Law association featuring the infamous Anita Hill) noted that one year (it was either 79 or 80 IIRC) the highest scoring black admitted applicant had lower scores than over 500 rejected white males.



  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well I know the year I applied to law school one professor at Yale Law-I believe it was Bork-speaking at a Yale Political union debate on affirmative action (the debate was picketed by the Black Law association featuring the infamous Anita Hill) noted that one year (it was either 79 or 80 IIRC) the highest scoring black admitted applicant had lower scores than over 500 rejected white males.
    I'm unmoved. How many of those blacks and poor disenfranchised white males became President of the United States? You're comparing a bunch of normal people to a guy who clearly isn't just some regular person. Like I said, extraordinary circumstances for extraordinary people.

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •