View Poll Results: Are you smarter than The Obama?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am smarter than The Obama

    14 36.84%
  • We're evn, or just about

    8 21.05%
  • The Obama is smarter than me.

    16 42.11%
Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 543

Thread: Are you smarter than The Obama?

  1. #261
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    a white guy with his credentials never would have been a senator let alone a presidential nominee
    this is true.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #262
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nothing at all-it was a comment to someone who pretends he is some sort of hero for going into the military to learn a trade. in fact trade school is a better choice than millions who go to college to major in fornication or public drunkenness and end up with degrees that cannot gain them a useful career. The guys who work on my car do pretty damn well as does the HVAC techs I know
    do you have actual friends from every walk of life? i mean people you hang with, go to dinner with, etc?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #263
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I answered your question. You didn't answer mine: Is it your position that no white man in the history of Harvard Law has entered with a gpa of 3.3 or below?
    the odds of a white male with lower than a GPA being admitted the year Obama applied was so low that his race clearly was a factor. When I applied for law school the top schools had a grid. the top grid had GPAs 3.9 or higher and an LSAT score 775/800 or higher

    that was the only grid where you had a decent chance of getting admitted.

    the next was 3.75 and 750, etc

    in those squares that moved back either on the GPA or the LSAT you had a less than 40% chance of admission

    but when you got down to 3.5 and say 650 you saw a bunch of admissions-those all were minorities.

    the year obama applied there were no white males with that low a score based on what those who were there with him have told me. and the years I was in law school over a thousand white males who were turned down at the major law schools scored higher than the top scoring candidate

    a man a couple years behind me at Yale earned Junior Phi Beta Kappa at Yale. He was sadly killed in a wreck his senior year at Yale after earning a Rhodes scholarship. his sat scores beat Bill clinton's then record in Arkansas. his name was Roosevelt Thompson

    He was killed my last year in law school and many thought he would be the first black president. and while I was not at the memorial for him at Yale plenty of my friends who were still there were and many of the comments were directed at the fact that RT had proved that you didn't need affirmative action to achieve.

    He also was accepted in the Yale law school and had perhaps the strongest academic record of the applicants that year
    Roosevelt Levander Thompson (1962



  4. #264
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    do you have actual friends from every walk of life? i mean people you hang with, go to dinner with, etc?
    my main hobbies include the shooting sports. most of the guys i shoot with are often blue collar tradesmen. ONe of my closest friends went to the USAF after HS and is a radio tech for a state government unit. True, some of my best friends are the lawyers and doctors at the club where I play tennis but just as many are ex military guys without degrees. the guy who was at the tennis tournament with us last night is a cook at a fast food deli but he loves tennis and we've been friends since I met him at the TGIF where my former girlfriend was a manager and he was a cook-a trade he learned in the military.

    In fact when I first invited him to this tennis tournament (where we have a top box), I told my late father that this fellow was going to meet us at the tournament. so we are walking past the reserved parking with all the mercedes, bmws, and cadillacs and there is this POS beat up toyota truck. My father noted a guy like that must really love tennis and obviously wasn't there to be seen (like more than a few yuppies are). Yeah it was my friend the cook's POS truck



  5. #265
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the odds of a white male with lower than a GPA being admitted the year Obama applied was so low that his race clearly was a factor. When I applied for law school the top schools had a grid. the top grid had GPAs 3.9 or higher and an LSAT score 775/800 or higher

    that was the only grid where you had a decent chance of getting admitted.

    the next was 3.75 and 750, etc

    in those squares that moved back either on the GPA or the LSAT you had a less than 40% chance of admission

    but when you got down to 3.5 and say 650 you saw a bunch of admissions-those all were minorities.

    the year obama applied there were no white males with that low a score based on what those who were there with him have told me. and the years I was in law school over a thousand white males who were turned down at the major law schools scored higher than the top scoring candidate

    a man a couple years behind me at Yale earned Junior Phi Beta Kappa at Yale. He was sadly killed in a wreck his senior year at Yale after earning a Rhodes scholarship. his sat scores beat Bill clinton's then record in Arkansas. his name was Roosevelt Thompson

    He was killed my last year in law school and many thought he would be the first black president. and while I was not at the memorial for him at Yale plenty of my friends who were still there were and many of the comments were directed at the fact that RT had proved that you didn't need affirmative action to achieve.

    He also was accepted in the Yale law school and had perhaps the strongest academic record of the applicants that year
    Roosevelt Levander Thompson (1962
    Great. I didn't ask for a verbose analysis of gpa and LSAT scores. I asked you a question: Is it your position that no white man has ever entered Harvard Law with a gpa of 3.3 or below?

  6. #266
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Oh look, a thread about Obama devolves into race. How unusual...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #267
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    my main hobbies include the shooting sports. most of the guys i shoot with are often blue collar tradesmen. ONe of my closest friends went to the USAF after HS and is a radio tech for a state government unit. True, some of my best friends are the lawyers and doctors at the club where I play tennis but just as many are ex military guys without degrees. the guy who was at the tennis tournament with us last night is a cook at a fast food deli but he loves tennis and we've been friends since I met him at the TGIF where my former girlfriend was a manager and he was a cook-a trade he learned in the military.

    In fact when I first invited him to this tennis tournament (where we have a top box), I told my late father that this fellow was going to meet us at the tournament. so we are walking past the reserved parking with all the mercedes, bmws, and cadillacs and there is this POS beat up toyota truck. My father noted a guy like that must really love tennis and obviously wasn't there to be seen (like more than a few yuppies are). Yeah it was my friend the cook's POS truck
    cool. peel away the layers, you never know what you're gonna get.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #268
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oh look, a thread about Obama devolves into race. How unusual...
    can't be helped. If you say you are smarter than the Obama, someone is sure to squeal "racist" and claim you only think you are smarter because he is black
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #269
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    can't be helped. If you say you are smarter than the Obama, someone is sure to squeal "racist" and claim you only think you are smarter because he is black
    Of course, it's every one else's fault.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #270
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Great. I didn't ask for a verbose analysis of gpa and LSAT scores. I asked you a question: Is it your position that no white man has ever entered Harvard Law with a gpa of 3.3 or below?
    that isn't relevant. grading scales a hundred years ago may well have been much lower

    the only issue involves whether Obama's scores in the pool he applied with were sufficient for a white male. the answer is a resounding NO



Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •