View Poll Results: Are you smarter than The Obama?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am smarter than The Obama

    14 36.84%
  • We're evn, or just about

    8 21.05%
  • The Obama is smarter than me.

    16 42.11%
Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 543

Thread: Are you smarter than The Obama?

  1. #251
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I think I've already said that's my position. Is it your position that no white man in the history of Harvard Law has entered with a gpa of 3.3 or below? (If yes, please cite your source. Also, I'm still waiting for testimonies from the dept. of admissions.)


    What you say has no effect on my opinion. I think you have a problem with a black man in office. Some Republicans just have issues with his policies, others have issues with his race and his policies - I think you fall into the latter category.
    I think you want to claim my position is based on race because its easier for you to spew that than deal with the fact that hundreds of white males (I mistakenly said black males rather than white males in my last post) were turned down with far higher grades than what Obama had. anyone who pretends that race was not the major or a major factor for Obama being accepted at Harvard is either intentionally ignorant or is dishonest



  2. #252
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    Law school really isnt that hard - millions of lawyers prove this every year.
    you're an attorney?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #253
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Your fixation with attorneys is pathetic but have you ever said what you do other than admitting to being a trade school enlistee?
    wtf is wrong with trade school?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am sure that there are some people who don't like a black being in office but I am sure that was more than balanced out by people who voted for Obama merely because he is black

    and to claim opposition to him has as a major factor, his skin color is without much merit. furthermore many of those who oppose Obama support Herman Caine or love
    quoting Dr Walter Williams. You seem to think that if he was white, people like me who despise welfare socialism and expanding government would embrace this man.

    what many people reject are the specious claims that Obama is the brightest president to every occupy the Oval office when there are people who had stronger academic records (Bush I was in the top three of his class at Yale, Nixon at Duke Law, and Clinton a Rhodes Scholar) or far greater accomplishments in their lives before they became President (Bush I again comes to mind)
    May I point out this is a perfect example of college not having much value in terms of leading a country. Bush was in the top 3 of his class at yale, and what value did that add to his ability to govern America? I believe we are currently in an economic disaster thanks to the Bush family, am I wrong?


    The president is surrounded by advisors. These are the people that should be in the top 3 of their class and know the insides and outs of their specialty field. The Presidents success is based on negotiation, influence, problem solving, and a general knowledge of his/her desired direction to lead America.
    Last edited by SypherAL; 08-15-11 at 10:47 AM.

  5. #255
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think you want to claim my position is based on race because its easier for you to spew that than deal with the fact that hundreds of white males (I mistakenly said black males rather than white males in my last post) were turned down with far higher grades than what Obama had. anyone who pretends that race was not the major or a major factor for Obama being accepted at Harvard is either intentionally ignorant or is dishonest
    I answered your question. You didn't answer mine: Is it your position that no white man in the history of Harvard Law has entered with a gpa of 3.3 or below?

  6. #256
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true. but we also can safely say but for him being black he'd never been accepted into Harvard Law. but you don't graduate MCL from HLS if you are stupid.
    we can also safely say that a white guy with his credentials would've been crushed by Hillary Clinton.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    wtf is wrong with trade school?
    nothing at all.

    clearly, many folks who only went to trade school are much more useful to society than folks who went on to higher education.

  8. #258
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    wtf is wrong with trade school?
    nothing at all-it was a comment to someone who pretends he is some sort of hero for going into the military to learn a trade. in fact trade school is a better choice than millions who go to college to major in fornication or public drunkenness and end up with degrees that cannot gain them a useful career. The guys who work on my car do pretty damn well as does the HVAC techs I know



  9. #259
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    we can also safely say that a white guy with his credentials would've been crushed by Hillary Clinton.
    a white guy with his credentials never would have been a senator let alone a presidential nominee



  10. #260
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are you smarter than The Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    nothing at all.

    clearly, many folks who only went to trade school are much more useful to society than folks who went on to higher education.
    my son, who scored a 35 on the ACT, decided to go to trade school instead of college. he makes $60/hr doing HVAC automation for US Embassies in Africa and the ME.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •