View Poll Results: What is Anders Breivik?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christian

    29 46.03%
  • Atheist

    23 36.51%
  • Other/unsure (Please explain)

    11 17.46%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79

Thread: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Is there any reason to believe that Breivik is not a Christian as he claims?

    No, no there is not.

    He is a Christian and sees himself as a modern-day Crusader.

  2. #62
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    The point of my polls is to gather data from both sides; I desire clarification.

    This situation is volatile, a situation that I don't have enough comprehensive data to form an argument. Merely, I know Breivik called himself a Christian, but then again I could kill people and call myself a Christian. Doesn't make me one. The thing is, radical Muslims follow the fullness of the Koran---they KEEL the infidels.

    There isn't a majority OR a minority that stones homosexuals or stones disrespectful children, etc. Do you know what Sharia Law is? I had the "pleasure" of watching a man have his hands cut off for stealing---saw it on YouTube. Crap like that happens under Sharia Law in those nations. Christians don't do that.

    There's a difference between nutjobs who think they're Christian, and a large following of zealous Muslims who follow the Koran "in full."




    It is human nature to find examples to further our agendas.
    Wow, you watched that on youtube, you must know everything there is to know about Sharia Law then...

  3. #63
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    They guy identified with the Christian religion.

    He considered himself Christian.

    Case closed.


    The only direction this discussion is going to go in, is that the label Christian is subjective.


    Is Wake a Christian or not?
    Yes
    No


    Let's debate Wake's Christian identity next.
    Agree. Whatever label someone slaps on themselves is what they are. The End.

    Folks are free to feel they are full of crap and whatever but I am of the mind that you can label yourself as whatever ya want. But do not get all like crazy when someone calls you out if you are not really that thing. Of course who is it to say what someone is or is not.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #64
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I identify with trees.

    I am a tree.

    Case closed. Everyone must respect the validity of my claim that I am a tree.
    Your comparison is an absolute failure... apples to oranges. You're not a tree, we can prove so with science. It all boils down to a discussion about subjectivity. Lern2logic

  5. #65
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Agree. Whatever label someone slaps on themselves is what they are. The End.

    Folks are free to feel they are full of crap and whatever but I am of the mind that you can label yourself as whatever ya want. But do not get all like crazy when someone calls you out if you are not really that thing. Of course who is it to say what someone is or is not.
    So if ABB had called himself a liberal but had issued his manifesto just as it was, it would be hunky dory to categorize him as a liberal who rejected all the principles of the Norwegian socialist movement and instead was a liberal who embraced the principles of the Norwegian conservative parties along with the principles of his other philosophical choices?

    All that would matter would be his claim to be a liberal?

    As a tree, I don't buy that for a second.

  6. #66
    Student Flyersfan314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-12 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    232

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    By his own words he acknowledges that he is not a christian. What he does in his manifesto is he creates new definitions for Christianity. For instance, if someone declared themselves to he a homosexual who is not attracted to a person of the same sex but is attracted to members of the opposite sex, then no matter how much this person declared themselves to be a homosexual, they wouldn't qualify.

    Breivik's own words:

    If you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God then you are a religious Christian. Myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God. We do however believe in Christianity as a cultural, social, identity and moral platform.

    He's declaring that there exist two categories of Christians, those who are religious and those who admire the cultural, social,identity and moral artifacts which arise within societies which are dominated by "religious Christians."

    There certainly is a category for people who qualify under his definition but they're not Christians. They'd be better described as Westerners or Post-Enlightenment adherents, or Western Civilization fans.

    He's as confused as that nutty Christian preacher who thought she could simultaneously be a Muslim.
    By that same logic the men who committed 9/11 are not Muslims.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Is there any reason to believe that Breivik is not a Christian as he claims?

    No, no there is not.

    He is a Christian and sees himself as a modern-day Crusader.
    Yes there is. He said himself that he was not religious and only believed in the values of chritstianity. Your response was, "only a mind reader would know if he was Christian." I disagree, but even if you are right, you can not argue that he is a Chritstian

    Secondly, what about responding to RiverDad?

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyersfan314 View Post
    By that same logic the men who committed 9/11 are not Muslims.
    Did the men who committed 9/11 say that they were not religous muslim, had no contact with Allah, but believed in the values of islam?

  9. #69
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyersfan314 View Post
    By that same logic the men who committed 9/11 are not Muslims.
    This is the false equivalence that is driving the liberals to so desperately want ABB to be a Christian for they believes that it gets them the Muslim Get Out Of Jail Card that they desire so very much.

    The whole of Islam is a warrior-originated religion. It hasn't shed those key principles. The world is divided into two realms - The House of War and the House of Peace. When the 9/11 terrorists executed their terror deed in the name of Islam they had religious text backing them up.

    Actions which are true to a religions precepts mean that the actions are not out of character with the religion. ABB can't point to the same type of precepts in Christianity.

    Your motives are very transparent. Your desire to craft a reality that doesn't, but which you feel should dominate the discussion, doesn't work because it can't rely on reason and evidence to back it up.

  10. #70
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Is Anders Breivik an Atheist or a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    So if ABB had called himself a liberal but had issued his manifesto just as it was, it would be hunky dory to categorize him as a liberal who rejected all the principles of the Norwegian socialist movement and instead was a liberal who embraced the principles of the Norwegian conservative parties along with the principles of his other philosophical choices?

    All that would matter would be his claim to be a liberal?

    As a tree, I don't buy that for a second.
    You're not a tree, and you're not being clever calling yourself a tree...

    One is a matter of biology and science, and the other is a matter of philosophy and subjectivity... can you figure out which one is which?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •