View Poll Results: Are the Democrat Party and Obama Deliberatley Bankrupting America?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as a mechanism to acheive wealth redistribution

    7 14.58%
  • Yes, to obtain more power

    10 20.83%
  • No

    31 64.58%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    373

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    How was the Obama stimulus different than the Bush stimulus?
    Wasn't the Pigford decision made in 1999? Yes it was. How is that an example of Obama giving money to black people?
    Polls also show that Americans wanted health care reform.

    You'll notice that I didn't address all of your points and that I didn't provide any statistics. That's because this discussion is not worth me wasting my time thoroughly showing your argument to be absurd and false.

    Isn't Obama working with the Republicans to address government spending as we speak? Remember the repeated offers to make cuts to entitlement programs in exhange for increased revenues? That's what's happening here. Democrats don't want to cut entitlement programs unless Republicans agree to a tax increase for the wealthiest Americans. Your conspiracy theory is ridiculous.
    It really is. I feel guilty that I actually took the time to give a thoughtful response. Apparently any programs that seek to help out the lower-income are a secret agenda to empower blacks.

    One day Obama is a Terrorist-sympathizer, the next he's a Black Panther. Go figure.

  2. #22
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    How was the Obama stimulus different than the Bush stimulus?
    Less tax cuts more direct spending. Which was appropriate. Hacks tend to ignore that Bush's 2008 stimulus bill basically did nothing but increase the deficit as those who received the tax rebates just saved it. Tax cuts work..except for that time.

    Wasn't the Pigford decision made in 1999? Yes it was. How is that an example of Obama giving money to black people?
    For the same reason the Black Plague was Clinton's fault. You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Wow...I dislike Obama yet I find the original post, and subsequent posts from that poster to be idiotic. I'll admit that I am surprised that Obama hasn't tried to give blacks more...but frankly everything Obama has done has equality written all over it when it comes to race. Not one of his proposals, or bills that he has signed, is directed at blacks solely. It has all been directed at all races.

    Now classes (IE rich, poor, middle class)...thats a different matter altogether.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #24
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by AdminX View Post
    And again I say, he is not trying to disproportionately benefit blacks. Everything you just listed addresses working class, lower-income Americans. Not blacks. You have to understand, it's not about race, it's about the financial welfare of Americans. If the bills he passes happen to cover blacks in the majority, that's inconsequential. Would it better if all of these things you listed were predominately helping whites, asians, latinos?

    There's always going to be a race that is benefited in the majority by some law. You can't just condemn him because his fight for lower-class Americans is helping blacks. And in reverse, you can't expect him to NOT fight for the working class or some special interest, simply because it does help blacks.

    You talk like Obama has to avoid every effort if somehow it's advantage goes mostly to blacks. Please rethink.
    No, LibLoather is accurately diagnosing a central theme to Obama's governance. You're wrong when you try to disguise these efforts as merely class-based policies. You're egregiously wrong when you write "Everything you just listed addresses working class, lower-income Americans. Not blacks" for the refutation of that statement is seen directly in LibLoather's post, to wit:

    - Dodd-Frank bill creates 20 Offices of "Minority Inclusion" at the various regulatory agencies, including the Treasury, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the 12 Federal Reserve banks and the newly created Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

    "Minority inclusion" no matter how much you try to distort the language is not a synonym for "lower class people."

    LibLoather neglected to mention how Obamacare is laced through with Affirmative Action mandates, such as:

    "In awarding grants or contracts under this section, the (HHS) secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of the following: . . . training individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds." (House Obamacare Bill Page 909)

  5. #25
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by AdminX View Post
    Obama has consistently stated from Day 1 that his interests lie in the benefit of all Americans.
    Well, that just settles the matter. Who wouldn't take a known liar at his word?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    373

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    No, LibLoather is accurately diagnosing a central theme to Obama's governance. You're wrong when you try to disguise these efforts as merely class-based policies. You're egregiously wrong when you write "Everything you just listed addresses working class, lower-income Americans. Not blacks" for the refutation of that statement is seen directly in LibLoather's post, to wit:

    - Dodd-Frank bill creates 20 Offices of "Minority Inclusion" at the various regulatory agencies, including the Treasury, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the 12 Federal Reserve banks and the newly created Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

    "Minority inclusion" no matter how much you try to distort the language is not a synonym for "lower class people."

    LibLoather neglected to mention how Obamacare is laced through with Affirmative Action mandates, such as:

    "In awarding grants or contracts under this section, the (HHS) secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of the following: . . . training individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds." (House Obamacare Bill Page 909)
    It's funny to see such an uproar when a country that, historically, had a hard Minority Exclusion rule, suddenly start throwing a bone to minorities. The fact is, political power is still very largely white. Very. Obama's few side-mandates for minorities or nothing more than an effort to balance the scale, not tip it on the side of blacks. Furthermore, "minority inclusion" is not 'minority requirement', it's simply an open door, for the minorities of this country, to elevate their societal status.

    You have to remember that the term "minority" is not assigned to a skin color, it's assigned to a class of nationality, which can include blond-hair blue-eye Swedes. Obama's central initiative has never been aimed at skin color, despite how confusing that may seem to you considering he's black. What Obama seeks to do is stop the Republican-base from shoving minorities further and further down the hole, due to laws that are already aimed against them, and put them in the position to actually participate in their country.

    As far as Grants and Contracts - please check your local government websites. Grants are designed to address special groups and segments within our country - Minorities, Widowers, Students, Tech, Farming, etc. Obama is famous for his grants and contracts aimed at Small Business. Yet you again cherry-pick any initiatives of his that address minorities, and act like it's all-encompassing of his actions.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    373

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Well, that just settles the matter. Who wouldn't take a known liar at his word?
    You use the term "known liar" in the world of politics. Really? Yes, because even if that were true, Obama is surely the only known liar sitting in the white house. Because, ya know, no republicans are known liars. You probably shouldnt have posted this.
    Last edited by AdminX; 08-05-11 at 03:29 AM. Reason: changed 'should' to 'shouldn't. context fail.

  8. #28
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by LibLoather View Post
    Obama and his wife see everything through the prism of race,


    they believe blacks are disproportionately poor due to racism and only government can equalize the situation. What they fail to realize is that wealth in America is distributed, for the most part, by talent, intelligence, and work ethic.
    So in other words, you're saying that blacks are less talented, less intelligent, and less hardworking than whites.
    Anyone want to start a pool on how long this guy lasts? I'm gonna go with 4 days.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #29
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by AdminX View Post
    It's funny to see such an uproar when a country that, historically, had a hard Minority Exclusion rule, suddenly start throwing a bone to minorities. The fact is, political power is still very largely white.
    You're linking together two disparate concepts. The fact that political power is still largely white has no bearing on instituting race-based programs. The linkage that you require in order to validate this line of argument is one which demonstrates that there is an equivalence between political power being largely white and this resulting in government programs which exclusively benefit whites. You won't find white-only programs delivered in this nation. This means that your reference to white political power is a red herring and your equivalence falters.

    Obama's few side-mandates for minorities or nothing more than an effort to balance the scale, not tip it on the side of blacks.
    Your justification is no more than a shifting of the goal posts. This tactic allows you to offer a rebuttal but it's a rebuttal against a strawman. I didn't argue that Obama was shifting the government to the side of blacks, rather I pointed out that he's injecting racial preferences into legislation that has no bearing on race, such as Finance Reform and ObamaCare. Your point doesn't address that issue and your framing of "it's not as bad as you make it" is just a distraction that allows you to avoid conceding the point.

    Furthermore, "minority inclusion" is not 'minority requirement', it's simply an open door, for the minorities of this country, to elevate their societal status.
    Nice try at the semantics dodge, but there is ample evidence of similar programs, in fact all similar programs, being de facto "minority requirement" programs.

    You have to remember that the term "minority" is not assigned to a skin color, it's assigned to a class of nationality, which can include blond-hair blue-eye Swedes.
    Are you engaging in some type of performance art or are you a non-American residing in some other country? If a blond,blue-eyed Swede tried to qualify for these programs on the rational that Swedes are not the majority of the population in the US he'd be laughed out of the room and his story would take on an infamy that would last forever.

    It's hard for me to take you seriously when you tell me that I should "remember" that Swedes count as minority applicants for Affirmative Action programs.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdminX View Post
    You use the term "known liar" in the world of politics. Really? Yes, because even if that were true, Obama is surely the only known liar sitting in the white house. Because, ya know, no republicans are known liars. You probably shouldnt have posted this.
    No, it's you who shouldn't post a politician's self-serving comments as dispositive proof of their truthfulness. That shows a remarkable degree of naivete.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    373

    Re: Democrat Party and Obama Deliberately Bankrupting America

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    You're linking together two disparate concepts. The fact that political power is still largely white has no bearing on instituting race-based programs. The linkage that you require in order to validate this line of argument is one which demonstrates that there is an equivalence between political power being largely white and this resulting in government programs which exclusively benefit whites. You won't find white-only programs delivered in this nation. This means that your reference to white political power is a red herring and your equivalence falters.



    Your justification is no more than a shifting of the goal posts. This tactic allows you to offer a rebuttal but it's a rebuttal against a strawman. I didn't argue that Obama was shifting the government to the side of blacks, rather I pointed out that he's injecting racial preferences into legislation that has no bearing on race, such as Finance Reform and ObamaCare. Your point doesn't address that issue and your framing of "it's not as bad as you make it" is just a distraction that allows you to avoid conceding the point.



    Nice try at the semantics dodge, but there is ample evidence of similar programs, in fact all similar programs, being de facto "minority requirement" programs.



    Are you engaging in some type of performance art or are you a non-American residing in some other country? If a blond,blue-eyed Swede tried to qualify for these programs on the rational that Swedes are not the majority of the population in the US he'd be laughed out of the room and his story would take on an infamy that would last forever.

    It's hard for me to take you seriously when you tell me that I should "remember" that Swedes count as minority applicants for Affirmative Action programs.



    No, it's you who shouldn't post a politician's self-serving comments as dispositive proof of their truthfulness. That shows a remarkable degree of naivete.
    I haven't figured out how to do all the fancy quoting blocks things so it's going to have to be a lump-sum rebuttal, sorry.

    Anyway.......

    Your argument is so saturated with over-articulated wordy'ness that I'm not sure if you're making points, or auditioning for Americans Next Top Writer. First of all, you're acknowledging that American power is largely white, then turning around and saying there are no programs that exclusively benefit whites. When you have no programs designed to liberate minorities, then by default, non-minorities have favortism. That's how whites do have advantages, albeit "undocumented", but still advantages in the fact that secular oppression is leaving only one class to thrive: privileged, usually white. You have to face the fact that the system is structured in a way that there are holes......poor educational system in projects/"ghettos", biased lending/loan programs, and judicial bias. No, there are no white-only programs. There doesn't have to be when there are no restitution's given to minorities. That's what you're not understanding.

    You still have yet to actually state anything concrete demonstrating his legislations are injecting racial preference. I can't argue a point you only posture to make, but actually didn't.

    Please name a de facto minority-requirement program. Again, statements without a basis for even being stated. You do realize requiring the placement of a minority is racism, right? It's unconstitutional and I challenge you to quote just 1.

    I am very American indeed. Born in NJ, moved to FL. Lived in WA and MD. My mention of a "swede" was an illustration. Again, I implore you to visit a Grant/Scholarship directory and see just how many programs out there do specifically make a call to a diverse set of groups. For example, the Irish, Native Americans, Latinos, etc.

    Again, you called Obama a known liar. This following Bush, who I dare to presume you supported. A man who *everyone*, dare I say *everyone*, knows deceived the country into falsified war situations and false intelligence findings for his own agenda.

    You're well spoken but your positions are very aimless.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •