Regardless of the womanís choice, men should choose whether their baby will be born or not
A woman should be able to choose whether to give birth or not, regardless of the manís choice
If the man doesnít want a baby, he should be able to choose whether to give financial support or not
I am ďpro-choiceĒ (I think women should be able to choose to abort their babies if they want to)
I am "pro-life" (against abortion)
ďIn politics, stupidity is not a handicap.Ē -Napoleon
So we should ban contraceptives and HPV vaccines, lest people enjoy life and eachother without consequence? What about bicycle helmets, seatbelts in cars, and vaccinations against rabies?Pregnancy is a predictable consequence. Consequences happen when you do actions. By taking part in the action, regardless of the action and the consequence, you open yourself up to the consequence. The possibility of getting pregnant is the consequence of having sex. Itís not a punishment- itís a result. Thereís a difference.So... should we not set broken bones or allow smokers to receive treatment for asthma or cancer? If you take a shower and slip and break a hip, we shouldn't let you seek medical attention?
It doesnít matter how inefficient we are when making babies. The case is very simple: youíre free to enjoy sex, do it whenever you want and however you want as far as I am concerned. But if you get pregnant as a result, you have to recognize it as your responsibility. You took the risk, nature took its course, and you got pregnant.Why? Aside from your desire to punish her for her sexuality, I mean.
Itís now your responsibility as a mother to hold the child for 9 months.
I find it interesting the way the crazed Right and loony Left seem to come from the same place on this one.
So it's not about parental responsibility after all...When birth occurs, I donít care if you keep the child or you give it up for adoption.
Define: muderBut up until that point, if you get an abortion as far as I am concerned youíre murdering a helpless child.
Is it murder to break a vase or step on an ant? Is it murder to kill you or bask ET's brains in with a bat for fun? We're back to the first question.
I find it interesting that we're primarily arguing between equality in right to veto and strictly the woman's right? Maybe to barter for the fair price I should have underbid by suggesting the man solely chooses?
I agree that that's a big problem. Unfortunately, it's the same problem people who are anti-drug are having (I'm for the legalization of drugs). You don't want to them to be legal, because you're convinced they're immoral and dangerous to society, but on the other hand making them illegal just makes the black market drug trade even worse, and results in way too much time spent by the police catching drug dealers when they should be catching murderers and rapists. I honestly can't claim to have an answer to that- I don't even know that there is one. It's a sad case in our society, when people (whether abortionists, child molesters, or murderers) ignore the morality, the rights of all human beings, and their own conscience to do terrible things.More illegal abortion clinics which are dangerous and unregulated will replace them.
Look...this is getting ridiculous. We have too many abortion-related threads. I have written something like the equivalent of 5 pages on this subject. Can the Mods like merge these threads somehow or something? Because this is getting kinda ridiculous.
I didn’t say that. My argument is against taking a life that was created out of the consequences of your actions because you don’t like the consequences. You’re creating analogies that don’t correspond to anything I’m saying. I don’t mind people having sex in whatever manner whenever they please. I don’t mind people wearing helmets, seatbelts, or getting vaccinations. I have a very specific complain. Don’t kill people because of you don’t like the consequences of your actions.So we should ban contraceptives and HPV vaccines, lest people enjoy life and eachother without consequence? What about bicycle helmets, seatbelts in cars, and vaccinations against rabies?
I didn’t say any of that. None of that is killing someone. Are the smokers killing anyone by receiving treatment? Are you killing someone by replacing their hip? I didn’t think so. None of these actions have the possibility of killing a human being.So... should we not set broken bones or allow smokers to receive treatment for asthma or cancer? If you take a shower and slip and break a hip, we shouldn't let you seek medical attention?
Get your facts straight. There is no punishment involved. Those are the consequences of her actions. When she had sex, she opened up the possibility of bearing a child. She is free to have sex whenever and however she wants, using whatever contraceptives and whatnot she wants, but the only guaranteed way to not have a child is not to have sex. Becoming pregnant was a consequence of her choices. Killing a possible human being is not an appropriate response to any consequence.Why? Aside from your desire to punish her for her sexuality, I mean.
Noun: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
I responded to what murder is above. The unborn has the possibility of being human. Therefore, you are possibly killing a human being, possibly committing murder- I certainly do not approve.Is it murder to break a vase or step on an ant? Is it murder to kill you or bask ET's brains in with a bat for fun? We're back to the first question.
And?we already know theyíre human
So... what about the braindead?so we shouldnít kill them anymore than we should kill anyone else
What's a people? You keep avoiding that question.Donít kill people
What about it? So, it's human. What of it? ET's not a human. Does that make it okay to torture him and perform a vivsection without anesthesia because it sounds like fun?killing a human being
Can I cook your cat alive in my oven? It's not human, which is all you keep babbling about.
-which she deserves to suffer... You can dress it up however you like, but we all see your line for what it is.Becoming pregnant was a consequence
So it's not murder, because it's legal. Therefore your entire argument falls apart. Care to try again?murēder/ˈmərdər/
Noun: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
As opposed to what? Do you think your wife got knocked up by the dog? Might fido be the real babydaddy?The unborn has the possibility of being human
It is human, it might be human, it could become human some day- will you please pick one line of crap and stick with it? You keep going around in circles trying to catch your own tail.
1. The unborn is human. We've accepted that. People=human being. The question is: is it a human being or not. We know it will become one. The question is when and there's no scientific evidence for when that occurs, but everyone accepts it is a human being at birth. Therefore, the question is: when does it become a human being. At any time from conception to birth, there is a 50% chance it is human.
2. The reason I said "we already know that they're human" is to support the above point.
3. Those who are in a coma sometimes have signed a paper indicating whether or not they wish the plug pulled. For the rest- I'm not 100% sure. On the one hand, there's no absolute reason to believe they'll come out of it. On the other, they still might. I would say when feasible, keep them alive. Better to be safe than sorry.
4. A person is a human being.
5. We have animal cruelty laws. Since we have yet to encounter aliens, as far as I am aware of there is no law regarding them. However, I would say that if they come in peace, we should treat them with all the same respect we give each other. If they come with threats of violence and destruction, and there is no other possible course of action, we can fight back in self defense.
6. I do not believe that any woman deserves to suffer. I believe that a woman who has sex opens herself up to the possibility of pregnancy.
7. Just because something is currently legal doesn't mean it should be. If murder is no longer murder because it's legal, than Hitler didn't murder the Jews and the Romans didn't murder Christians. I believe that murder answers to a higher court of law than the human government system. When a human being is killed, murder occurs. The only valid excuse that I am currently aware of is in a self defense situation where killing your opponent is the only available method to save your own life.
8. I apologize- I should have said the possibility of being a human being. Does that make that more clear?
A man should have the choice of wanting the child, when he finds out that it is actually his.
Once he is informed, he should be given a time period to make or not make a committed choice.
The options for parenthood should be equal for both parties involved.
I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.