View Poll Results: What about menís versus womanís rights to their babies? Select all that apply

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regardless of the womanís choice, men should choose whether their baby will be born or not

    0 0%
  • A woman should be able to choose whether to give birth or not, regardless of the manís choice

    20 50.00%
  • If the man doesnít want a baby, he should be able to choose whether to give financial support or not

    20 50.00%
  • I am ďpro-choiceĒ (I think women should be able to choose to abort their babies if they want to)

    24 60.00%
  • I am "pro-life" (against abortion)

    8 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 142

Thread: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

  1. #41
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Not entirely true. With the exception of abortion, nobody under the age of 18 can consent for medical procedures without mutual parental consent. Why abortion is not included is disturbing to me; there are enough risks of complications and permanent damage from that procedure that the child should at least receive consent by proxy if a parent cannot be found or convinced to consent to the procedure.
    True, but only because minors are considered incapable of giving consent.

    And abortion isn't the same because under the law, a fetus is not a person. Under the law, a minor is a person, but a person who is unable to give consent. There's a difference there.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #42
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    True, but only because minors are considered incapable of giving consent.

    And abortion isn't the same because under the law, a fetus is not a person. Under the law, a minor is a person, but a person who is unable to give consent. There's a difference there.
    No, I think you misunderstand. The girl HAVING the abortion can do so without parental consent. An abortion is a medical procedure with risks and potential fatality. I'm talking about protecting the teenager through parental consent or consent by proxy, not the fetus.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #43
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Men have the same right to screw as women do.

    Men have the same right to make medical decisions for themselves as women do

    Men have the same right to not have others make their medical decisions for themselves without their consent

    No one has the right to make medical decisions for others without the other persons consent

    what about all the other rights that are not medical? hmmm?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #44
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's just not true. Some men are indiscriminate. So are some women. Others....not so much

    Men who think all men can get off with any female, no matter how ugly, should be kept away from farm animals and household pets
    spoken like you've had first hand experience
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #45
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    No, I think you misunderstand. The girl HAVING the abortion can do so without parental consent. An abortion is a medical procedure with risks and potential fatality. I'm talking about protecting the teenager through parental consent or consent by proxy, not the fetus.
    Ahhh, I see. That is an interesting point to bring up, but a minor female needs the permission of the courts to do so. She must have a compelling reason in order to get the courts approval, at least that's how I understand it. Not quite the same thing, but I am sympathetic to your argument there.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #46
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    what about all the other rights that are not medical? hmmm?
    What other rights? Could you be more specific? Maybe post an actual argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #47
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Ahhh, I see. That is an interesting point to bring up, but a minor female needs the permission of the courts to do so. She must have a compelling reason in order to get the courts approval, at least that's how I understand it. Not quite the same thing, but I am sympathetic to your argument there.
    You know what - I have no clue about this. I think it changes state to state. I've heard of stories that are so odd - lik eareas where schools connect a pre-teen with an abortion dr and then have won cases that they didn't have to inform the parents of the situation . . . things like that.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    275

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And I would add, that no matter what the circumstances, both parents are responsible for supporting any child that is born, wanted or not.
    Why should a man be forced to pay for a child conceived by some slut at a massive gangbang any more than a woman should be forced to carry a child she conceived at that same gangbang? If she didn't want to be responsible for a child, she had plenty of options. Women today, with very few exceptions, have every opportunity to avoid pregnancy and/or childbirth. If you choose to have a child outside a committed relationship, that's your decision- and your responsibility. I can see the argument for child support following divorce, but if the man has never made a commitment to be involved with this woman, then he has no obligation to hang around or provide for her baby should she choose to have a child outside a committed relationship without his say. She's a big girl who needs no man, remember? She can make her own decisions in life- and be responsible for them. If it is her body alone and her decision alone, then it is also her responsibility alone. She doesn't get to turn around and play the helpless little female card and demand the man come to her rescue after she has made a unilateral decision to have a child outside a committed relationship. If this is a problem, maybe it's time to reconsider whether she should be making such decisions on her own in the first place. You can have the patriarchal paradigm of men providing for, making decisions for, and being responsible for the helpless woman or you can do away with that paradigm and embrace the independence and liberty of the woman alone. You can't have both. Either we are partners in this decision or we are not. With the unilateral power of determination and decision-making comes unilateral responsibility for that decision. If my hand is kept from the decision of my child's fate and my status as a parent, then your hand is stayed when you seek to take my wallet from my pocket, and my earned income from it, to fund your decision.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    275

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    I am unqualified to vote in this poll until such a time that I can become pregnant.
    Are you also unqualified to pay for a child until such time as you can make the determination as to whether a pregnancy proceeds forth and you become a parent?

  10. #50
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    What other rights? Could you be more specific? Maybe post an actual argument?
    been done...you ignored it. not going to waste my time reposting something that you will just continue to ignore
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •