View Poll Results: What about menís versus womanís rights to their babies? Select all that apply

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regardless of the womanís choice, men should choose whether their baby will be born or not

    0 0%
  • A woman should be able to choose whether to give birth or not, regardless of the manís choice

    20 50.00%
  • If the man doesnít want a baby, he should be able to choose whether to give financial support or not

    20 50.00%
  • I am ďpro-choiceĒ (I think women should be able to choose to abort their babies if they want to)

    24 60.00%
  • I am "pro-life" (against abortion)

    8 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 142

Thread: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

  1. #101
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,987

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It has nothng to do with consent. Both parents are held responsible for the consequences of their actions.
    This is obviously not true. She has the choice of opting out of her responsibility and he does not...

    Nonsense. Your need to resort to overblown hyperbole undermines the credibility of your argument.
    Here we go again... nothing new. My "overblown hyperbole" was obviously directed at yours to show how ridiculous your statement was in the first place. This one:

    Maybe he should be locked up or otherwise prevented from having sex.

    Equal rights and responsibility; There's nothing sexist about it
    That logic didn't work for Separate But Equal racist laws and it doesn't work here... sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #102
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    This is obviously not true. She has the choice of opting out of her responsibility and he does not...
    What you said is obviously not true. Both parents ARE help equally responsible for supporting the children they produce. If it weren't true, we wouldn't be having this debate.


    Here we go again... nothing new. My "overblown hyperbole" was obviously directed at yours to show how ridiculous your statement was in the first place. This one:

    Maybe he should be locked up or otherwise prevented from having sex.
    My overblown hyperbole was in response to the overblown hyperbole in the post I responded to.

    That logic didn't work for Separate But Equal racist laws and it doesn't work here... sorry.
    SbE wasn't based on equal rights and equal responsibilties. Sorry (not really)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    275

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    A foetus is a "potential human being."
    Wrong.

    Amazon.com: The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 8th Edition (9781416037064): Keith L. Moore, T. V. N. Persaud: Books
    Human development is a continuous process that begins when an oocyte (ovum) from a female is fertilized by a sperm 9spermatazoon) from a male.

    Zygote
    . This cell results from the union of an oocyte and a sperm during fertilization. A zygote or embryo is the beginning of as new human being.
    Belgrath has already conceded that
    I don't care if Belgrath 'conceded' that the moon is made out of Miracle Whip. It's simply not true.
    In fact, he's also stated, amazingly, that there's only a 50% chance it is human at all!
    So we've established that Belgrath is totally ignorant of the subject matter and has no place at the table.

    From now on I suggest speaking civilly if you wish a civil reply... or any reply at all, for that matter. Thanks.
    I have shown more civility than you deserve, liar. If you want civility, then stop lying and be honest. Why can't you people ever be honest about this subject?

    Tell me, at what age did your DNA suddenly change into human dna and what were you before that?
    Last edited by Red Flag; 08-04-11 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,987

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    What you said is obviously not true. Both parents ARE help equally responsible for supporting the children they produce. If it weren't true, we wouldn't be having this debate.
    Then you are saying that she doesn't have the right to have an abortion? Seriously... why do you bother trying?

    My overblown hyperbole was in response to the overblown hyperbole in the post I responded to.
    Sure it was... I believe you buddy.

    SbE wasn't based on equal rights and equal responsibilties. Sorry (not really)
    That is obviously not what my analogy is about... it is about the logic, or lack of, in supporting unequal policies like ABE and Abortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,987

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Flag View Post
    Wrong.

    Amazon.com: The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 8th Edition (9781416037064): Keith L. Moore, T. V. N. Persaud: Books

    I don't care if Belgrath 'conceded' that the moon is made out of Miracle Whip. It's simply not true.

    So we've established that Belgrath is totally ignorant of the subject matter and has no place at the table.



    I have shown more civility than you deserve, liar. If you want civility, then stop lying and be honest. Why can't you people ever be honest about this subject?

    Tell me, at what age did your DNA suddenly change into human dna and what were you before that?
    Calm down or you will get thread banned or infracted... just a friendly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #106
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Then you are saying that she doesn't have the right to have an abortion? Seriously... why do you bother trying?
    No, I did not say that


    Sure it was... I believe you buddy.
    You are free to believe whatever you wish to believe

    That is obviously not what my analogy is about... it is about the logic, or lack of, in supporting unequal policies like ABE and Abortion.
    [/QUOTE]

    And that is why your analogy fails; because it had nothing to do with equal rights and responsibilities. And there's nothing unequal about the right to have an abortion

    A man has just as much right to have an abortion, or any other medical procedure, as a woman does.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    275

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because no one forced the man to participate in the promiscous sex.
    So all abortions are done because a woman was raped? No? What's that? Guttmachter says it's ~1% Oh, so you have no point? Alright, then, let's move along.
    Any man who use the body of another person for their own selfish purposes
    Ah, I see. So men never make love and women never **** for fun- men are all necessarily savage, greedy, raping brutes who use women for their own pleasure while all sex is necessarily the rape of a woman, the act of penetration being some great symbolism of her destruction and dehumanization and all that neo-Feminist Studies crap...

    deserves what he gets.
    So you're with Mr Obama? Babies are a punishment? You were your mother's punishment for enjoying sex and your father's punishment for the desecration of a woman?

    Perhaps you should see a psychologist about those feelings...

    And the father is just as responsible for his lack of commitment and his irresponsibility for fathering a child outside of a committed relationship. It takes two schmucks to make a baby outside of a committed relationship.
    And, currently, only one has any say in the final decision when it comes to whether or not they'll be a child born. Seems to me like taking that decision unto one's self unilaterally is accepting some mighty responsibility. You don't get to cry about that responsibility after you insist you wanted it.

    Or perhaps you think a man should be able to make a woman kill her unborn child? Or maybe you think they can half kill the child?
    The abortion is her responsibility and she is the one who will pay the price, both literally and figuratively. But both parents are responsibility for the children they spawn
    Make up your mind. Either it's fully her body, decision, and responsibility, or it is not.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,987

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, I did not say that
    Obviously... I guess you would rather dodge the real issue. Fine.

    You are free to believe whatever you wish to believe
    I wasn't sure until you told me. Thank you.

    And that is why your analogy fails; because it had nothing to do with equal rights and responsibilities. And there's nothing unequal about the right to have an abortion
    Agreed. The analogy was spot on. Thank you.

    A man has just as much right to have an abortion, or any other medical procedure, as a woman does.
    The issue is not about medical procedures, it is about ending life and money. Limit yourself as to the scope of the real issue if you like though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    275

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The more liberal a state is, the lower the rate of teen pregnancy
    More accurately, the lower the rate of teen births. the higher the rate of teen abortions.

    Draw your own conclusions.
    And the increase in the abortion rate since RvW has a pretty obvious reason for it; It was legal after RvW!!
    By that reasoning, rates will drop if it's not legal. If the Left wanted less abortions, they'd call for legal intervention.

  10. #110
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Obviously... I guess you would rather dodge the real issue. Fine.
    I see you have no argument to make. Fine

    I wasn't sure until you told me. Thank you.
    You're welcome. Stop in anytime. The advice is free, and worth every penny it costs.

    Agreed. The analogy was spot on. Thank you.
    That clearly wasn't agreement.

    The issue is not about medical procedures, it is about ending life and money. Limit yourself as to the scope of the real issue if you like though!
    [/QUOTE]

    No, abortion is a medical procedure, And we end life every day, Where do you think all those hamburgers came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •