View Poll Results: What about menís versus womanís rights to their babies? Select all that apply

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regardless of the womanís choice, men should choose whether their baby will be born or not

    0 0%
  • A woman should be able to choose whether to give birth or not, regardless of the manís choice

    20 50.00%
  • If the man doesnít want a baby, he should be able to choose whether to give financial support or not

    20 50.00%
  • I am ďpro-choiceĒ (I think women should be able to choose to abort their babies if they want to)

    24 60.00%
  • I am "pro-life" (against abortion)

    8 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 142

Thread: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

  1. #91
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    No one has special rights here. Both men and women should be able to choose for themselves whether or not to be parents without government involvement.
    Both men and women have the same right to choose their actions. When it comes to unplanned pregnancies, neither parent made the choice to conceive. That's why we call it unplanned. But both parents had the same choice and the same right to choose. Both parents have equal responsibility too.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #92
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
    There’s something that upsets me about the killing of beings that science has yet to prove aren’t human. Until someone can provide evidence that the unborn is not a human being, I will feel unhappy about killing them.
    Closing down abortion clinics is the first thing that comes to mind.
    A fetus is not a human being and we kill "beings" all the time. How do you think that hamburger got there? Do you think the cow chopped itself up?


    I do- and I accept, that when I do that, if a child results I will do everything in my power to make sure the child isn’t aborted, and I will pay for however much of the child’s upbringing the woman deems I should pay. I would not be a good father figure- I only have sex with those who know me well enough to know that. I would stand out of the way, but would send however much money the woman needed to raise the child as best she could. If I can possibly prevent it, no child of mine will ever be aborted. I would consider that murder, and would at all costs avoid having any further contact with the woman who aborted. While I don’t know for sure whether or not that unborn was a human being or not, the 50% chance it was is plenty to deter me. I don’t understand why it isn’t enough to deter anyone else.
    I see. You're responsible enough to pay for it, but you won't actually father the child. How nice of you
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #93
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Flag View Post
    Nor does she have any right to make that decision for a man.

    Aint equality grand?
    I agree. No woman has, or should have, the right to force a man to have an abortion
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #94
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    Perhaps a woman wouldn't care if a man had an abortion or not. Your argument is flawed.
    I wonder how the people who think a man should have a say in the decision to abort feel about giving the woman a say in the decision to have a vasectomy or chemical castration?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #95
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Flag View Post
    Should we recognize this 'right'? If so, why? And how do we determine what entities shall be granted this 'right'?
    The constitution is clear on this point. All persons, and only persons have rights. Under the law, a person is a human being who has born alive.

    A ZEF is not a person and has no rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #96
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because no one forced the man to participate in the promiscous sex. Any man who use the body of another person for their own selfish purposes deserves what he gets. (You see? I can play the morality game just as well as you can)
    And if she participates in the promiscous sex she deserves what she gets as well... the possibility of pregnancy and the sole choice in using abortion as a means of contraception or the sole financial role in caring for and paying for the child should she decide to keep it.

    And the father is just as responsible for his lack of commitment and his irresponsibility for fathering a child outside of a committed relationship. It takes two schmucks to make a baby outside of a committed relationship. He's a big boy too. He can make decisions and be responsible for them too.
    And as long as she can keep the baby without his consent, she can assume all financial responsiblity for her well earned and legal "choice".

    The abortion is her responsibility and she is the one who will pay the price, both literally and figuratively. But both parents are responsibility for the children they spawn
    Not as long as one has all the choice and power and the other is relegated to nothing more than the "wallet"...

    She didn't make the baby on her own. Masturbation doesn't lead to pregnancy. Sex leads to pregnancy, and that take two. If that is problem, maybe it's time to reconsider if he should be making such decisions on his own in the first place. Maybe he should be locked up or otherwise prevented from having sex.
    She is the dangerous weapon that can deliver a child much like a missile silo delivers a nuke. The destructive person is the woman and she should be locked up... or be forced to wear lockable panties.

    There is nothing patriarchical about holding BOTH parents responsible for the support of any children they produce.
    Correct, not patriachical... just sexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #97
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Well - it's not equal, because nature didn't make it equal.

    The only way to try ot make things somewhat balanced is to give men an outlet - like ending parental and therefor potential custody and child support issues.

    But at present there's nothing in place to slow or temporarily prevent a woman from having an abortion - going to court in a month from now isn't going to stop her. So I think there needs to be some sort of regulation or intervention - almost like a reference network.
    Equality does not mean equality of outcomes. It refers to equality of rights. Everyone has the right to make medical decisions for themselves. No one has the right to make a medical decision for someone else without their consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #98
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,063

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The more liberal a state is, the lower the rate of teen pregnancy

    And the increase in the abortion rate since RvW has a pretty obvious reason for it; It was legal after RvW!!
    Blue States support the irresponsible action of aborting a child... that is the reason for lower teen pregnacy rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #99
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    And if she participates in the promiscous sex she deserves what she gets as well... the possibility of pregnancy and the sole choice in using abortion as a means of contraception or the sole financial role in caring for and paying for the child should she decide to keep it.
    Both "deserve" what they get, and both are responsible for the children they produce. The possibility of pregnancy is a possibility that both are aware of and the pregnancy was the result of both making a decision about contraception. If the man didn't want to be held responsible, he should have used a more effective means of contraception. Both parents failed to prevent the pregnancy, so both are equally responsible for supporting the child


    And as long as she can keep the baby without his consent, she can assume all financial responsiblity for her well earned and legal "choice".
    It has nothng to do with consent. Both parents are held responsible for the consequences of their actions.

    Not as long as one has all the choice and power and the other is relegated to nothing more than the "wallet"...
    Both parents have a choice. Both are held responsible for the children they produce


    She is the dangerous weapon that can deliver a child much like a missile silo delivers a nuke. The destructive person is the woman and she should be locked up... or be forced to wear lockable panties.
    Nonsense. Your need to resort to overblown hyperbole undermines the credibility of your argument.


    Correct, not patriachical... just sexist.
    Equal rights and responsibility; There's nothing sexist about it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #100
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: How do you feel about menís versus womanís rights to their babies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Blue States support the irresponsible action of aborting a child... that is the reason for lower teen pregnacy rates.
    Wrong. Teenage abortion does not lower the teenage pregnancy rate because pregnancy comes before abortion. Teen abortions lower the teen childbirth rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •