Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1085

Thread: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

  1. #931
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL what a pathetic response. You still are changing the parameters because you lost big time on the actual issue. the marginal rate is much lower on the middle class and the poor as well, that is why 47% pay no income taxes now and the top 5% pay more of the tax burden than at any time in the last 70 years of the FED INC Tax.

    you are just unable to concede that you were wrong. You are, end of story. that is why you start blathering about social security and other things not at issue here
    You have dishonestly confused the effects of the recession with marginal tax rates. Either that, or you don't know the difference.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #932
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    First of all, labor is not a commodity... At worst it's a service. Commodities harvested or collected as the fruits of labor. Follow that? Labor is what is used to obtain commodities.
    Exactly! Good post.

    The civil war settled this ... in this country. Labor is not a commodity unless it is slave labor.

  3. #933
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    09-25-11 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    157

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Exactly! Good post.

    The civil war settled this ... in this country. Labor is not a commodity unless it is slave labor.
    I think in the partisanship, something is lost about labor as a commodity and the intent of the statement. As a progressive I agree labor is a commodity, to make the point that there is intent to stop market growth in the 3rd world and address the remaining market with a finite amount of labor. I think international banking and the west, have used 3rd world economies to corner resources with minimal compensation, with the intent of less consumption in the 3rd world. Given 3rd world markets had grown ... labor could not be controlled and jobs barged to cheap labor.

    Resources finite and controlled
    Market relatively finite
    Labor force on GE type barges ... commodity.

    Agenda > Elite
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Patton
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke

  4. #934
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Exactly! Good post.

    The civil war settled this ... in this country. Labor is not a commodity unless it is slave labor.
    Uh no, that is not true



  5. #935
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You have dishonestly confused the effects of the recession with marginal tax rates. Either that, or you don't know the difference.
    Once again you divert and engage in mendacity. The issue was-did the current tax rates increase the progressitivity of the tax code. Yes it did. That is not subject to honest dispute



  6. #936
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Once again you divert and engage in mendacity. The issue was-did the current tax rates increase the progressitivity of the tax code. Yes it did. That is not subject to honest dispute

    Your far-right "opinion" that the effects of the Bush recession = more progressive tax rates is noted. However, as has been documented above, the marginal tax rates for the rich are much lower and corporate tax rates as a factor of GDP have been cut by 50%.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #937
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your far-right "opinion" that the effects of the Bush recession = more progressive tax rates is noted. However, as has been documented above, the marginal tax rates for the rich are much lower and corporate tax rates as a factor of GDP have been cut by 50%.
    MOre ever widening stupidity. you still pretend that marginal tax rates matter rather than the amount of the overall tax burden borne by a particular group

    you have backed yourself in a corner and cannot face the fact that you are wrong about what matters in determining if a tax system is progressive or not



  8. #938
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    MOre ever widening stupidity. you still pretend that marginal tax rates matter rather than the amount of the overall tax burden borne by a particular group

    you have backed yourself in a corner and cannot face the fact that you are wrong about what matters in determining if a tax system is progressive or not
    Insults, opinion and a complete lack of any facts whatsoever, this must be a post by Turtledude!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #939
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    MOre ever widening stupidity. you still pretend that marginal tax rates matter rather than the amount of the overall tax burden borne by a particular group

    you have backed yourself in a corner and cannot face the fact that you are wrong about what matters in determining if a tax system is progressive or not
    And your obsession with burdon is evidence of your stupidity..

    You consistently fail to consider tax burdon in relation to income?? Why should someone that makes 250k a year pay the same amount as someone that makes 20k a year??

    If you are not going to consider income to tax burdon then you have no business talking about taxes.. The rich currently are enjoying the least amount of tax burdon when income in considered.. It is stupid to make the claim that they pay the most taxes and should pay less.. Of course they pay the most.. They make the most.. Why wouldn't they pay the most?? If the rich do not wish to pay their fair share in taxes.. They can trade places with the poor.. I am sure the poor who are now rich will have no issue paying the most taxes..

    I will really be glad when you conservatives take a math class..

    Simply put, if you are not going to consider income in their tax burdon then you simply have nothing to discuss..

  10. #940
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Insults, opinion and a complete lack of any facts whatsoever, this must be a post by Turtledude!
    why don't you just give up. I posted tons of facts on this thread such as the fact that the top 5% pay more of the federal income tax burden than at any time (more than the rest of the country combined) in the last 70 years. You haven't even figured out what progressive means when it comes to a tax system

    and pointing out that you have lied, which you have, is not an insult It's one of those pesky facts you avoid



Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •