Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1085

Thread: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

  1. #801
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    I don't really care what you do... only that you try to use it as some sort of prop for your baseless arguments.

    What exactly do you want me to put up? I made no claims... you did. It's on you sporto.

    You brought up Taft-Hartley and Gompers but refused to say anything about how it relates to supporting your off topic position, except to bluster about your job and masters degree... alleged.

    So... how about showing you know what you're talking about instead of just asking everyone to accept it without any proof. Again... don't care where your cracker-jack degree is from, if you can't speak on the issues YOU bring up... then all anyone can assume is you don't know...
    you tend to be selective in your demands for proof. for example, when one person claimed that the average union member was more educated on labor issues you didn't say a thing. remind me what issues you aren't left wing on



  2. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you tend to be selective in your demands for proof. for example, when one person claimed that the average union member was more educated on labor issues you didn't say a thing. remind me what issues you aren't left wing on
    You don't have anything but defections do you?

    If you want to have a small gov't debate, I'll take you to school
    If you want to have a 2nd amendment debate, I'll school you there too.
    If you want to talk about real, traditional, conservative values... no worries there either

    So let's see... you use unsubstantiated claims of personal accomplishments to support your "case" that itself has no real support other than your blustering...

    ... and presume that because you haven't seen something from someone I presume you don't invest much time in... you assume it doesn't exist... you don't win many cases, do you?

    The reason I didn't say anything is because on the whole, against the general population, that statement is fairly accurate. You never answered my question, compared to who do they know or not know more than?

    Now that you've dodged your own claim to knowledge of Taft-Hartley and Gompers... something so vital to your argument, I'll ask one final time... what did that have to do with the thread topic and share what you know of those cases... or... never live it down.

  3. #803
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true, I don't know anything about broadway musicals, HVAC repair, tap dancing, or servicing hard drives.

    Labor law and labor history, have a masters in that
    Do you want it done right?

  4. #804
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when I post stuff that is of equal factual merit you avoid it. debating by proxy is lame. why don't you tell us in your own words why proof of the middle class disappearing is proven by say the amount of debt "keeping up with the Joneses" middle class families have accumulated?
    That just it, you don't post facts, you post your distorted opinion as if it were fact. Most of our debt was approved by the GOP as part of their failed trickle down economics over the last 30 years. The only decision now is if the middle class are stupid enough to continue letting them **** us, or if they fight back next November.

    I'm betting they fight back!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #805
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,824

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You love government and hate corporations. I merely point out that you worship an entity that has killed far more people
    The conducting of wars is the province of government. To say that governments have killed more people than corporations is to engage in a totally ridiculous fallacy that throws all reasoning out the window. Governments of ALL KINDS - left right and center have engaged in war for thousands of years. Sadly, it is one of the things that government sometimes does. That is a terrible thing most of the time.

    But that does nothing to mitigate or negate any harm to both individuals and society by corporations bent on worshipping Mammon and serving only the almighty dollar and profit.

    Governments also engage in society building and bringing justice and a better life to billions of people.

    Show us a successful country of people that has no institution of government.

    This rant of yours is simply a ridiculous strawman.

    Are you suddenly an anarchist now Turtle? Are you serious about this sudden war on government that you want to wage or is this just right wing hyperbole that conveniently seems to fit your current cause celebre?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #806
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,824

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    put up and I will. until then you are wasting bandwidth.

    CC has already schooled a couple on this subject. I never doubted Haymarket's claims that he was a union member or officer. I find it funny that some of you libs cannot handle the fact i am an attorney
    Turtle - a serious and honest question for you: how many times has this happened where a member expresses serious doubts that you are what you say you are? This seems to happen to you on a regular basis.

    Did you ever stop and ask yourself why this perception exists?

    Did you ever stop and ask your self what is it about the way you present yourself here that causes people to doubt that you have the education and skills that you claim you possess?

    The fact is that lawyers are perceived by many as educated people who are trained in the mechanics of research, case building and presentation of an argument based on evidence and proof. What is it about your approach here with seems to defy that belief about lawyers and their skills?

    When you can honestly look at yourself, look at your posts and answer that question, you will see why you have this perception problem and why people doubt who you say you are.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #807
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Turtle - a serious and honest question for you: how many times has this happened where a member expresses serious doubts that you are what you say you are? This seems to happen to you on a regular basis.

    Did you ever stop and ask yourself why this perception exists?

    Did you ever stop and ask your self what is it about the way you present yourself here that causes people to doubt that you have the education and skills that you claim you possess?

    The fact is that lawyers are perceived by many as educated people who are trained in the mechanics of research, case building and presentation of an argument based on evidence and proof. What is it about your approach here with seems to defy that belief about lawyers and their skills?

    When you can honestly look at yourself, look at your posts and answer that question, you will see why you have this perception problem and why people doubt who you say you are.
    I for one place little on the law degree claim... Lots of less than intelligent people become third rate divorce, personal injury.. .and my favorite these days, disability lawyers. I actually would (if true) put more weight on the alleged masters degree.

    The rest of your post... ya... what haymarket said...

  8. #808
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    You don't have anything but defections do you?

    If you want to have a small gov't debate, I'll take you to school
    If you want to have a 2nd amendment debate, I'll school you there too.
    If you want to talk about real, traditional, conservative values... no worries there either

    So let's see... you use unsubstantiated claims of personal accomplishments to support your "case" that itself has no real support other than your blustering...

    ... and presume that because you haven't seen something from someone I presume you don't invest much time in... you assume it doesn't exist... you don't win many cases, do you?

    The reason I didn't say anything is because on the whole, against the general population, that statement is fairly accurate. You never answered my question, compared to who do they know or not know more than?

    Now that you've dodged your own claim to knowledge of Taft-Hartley and Gompers... something so vital to your argument, I'll ask one final time... what did that have to do with the thread topic and share what you know of those cases... or... never live it down.
    You are going to school me on the second amendment? OMG is that funny

    I don't recall you ever making a contribution to second amendment discussions on this board



  9. #809
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Turtle - a serious and honest question for you: how many times has this happened where a member expresses serious doubts that you are what you say you are? This seems to happen to you on a regular basis.

    Did you ever stop and ask yourself why this perception exists?

    Did you ever stop and ask your self what is it about the way you present yourself here that causes people to doubt that you have the education and skills that you claim you possess?

    The fact is that lawyers are perceived by many as educated people who are trained in the mechanics of research, case building and presentation of an argument based on evidence and proof. What is it about your approach here with seems to defy that belief about lawyers and their skills?

    When you can honestly look at yourself, look at your posts and answer that question, you will see why you have this perception problem and why people doubt who you say you are.
    There is no such perception. Its a product of denial and dishonesty



  10. #810
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,824

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    There is no such perception. Its a product of denial and dishonesty
    Your use of the word DENIAL is well suited to your post. You are in obvious denial as how others here think of you. How on the one hand can you trot out your ten thousand dollar challenge every couple of weeks for those who doubt you are who you claim you are and then pretend that you do not have a serious image problem here?

    It all comes down to your posts Turtle. It is NOT your views. It is your nearly complete lack of any support for your views in the way of use of verifiable evidence, the historical record and building a case that attempts to convince people. You make no attempt at that in any way. It is as if you are used to people having to accept your pontifications as unchallenged fact without the mundane need to do the actual step by step work of establishing your case. People are conditioned to believe that lawyers know how to build a case. people are conditioned to believe that lawyers know how to use evidence. People are conditioned to believe that lawyers know how to research and use the record to bolster their arguments and positions. You seem to show no aptitude for any of these things. You publicly eschew them in favor of simple pontifications like Moses bringing down the tablets from the mountain top.

    That is your central problem that causes so many here to publicly doubt you are who you claim to be or that you have the education or skills you claim to have.

    You would do well to take a good long hard look at your style here and do some sober reflection upon it.

    Who else here Turtle has this perception and believability problem that you seem to have with many other people?
    Last edited by haymarket; 09-06-11 at 09:35 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •