Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1085

Thread: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

  1. #711
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    It's purpose was to raise future tax liabilities
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #712
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    It's purpose was to raise future tax liabilities
    wrong-that is what the irresponsible spending was designed to do

    rather

    buy the votes of current voters with the money of those who cannot vote yet



  3. #713
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong-that is what the irresponsible spending was designed to do

    rather

    buy the votes of current voters with the money of those who cannot vote yet
    Research tax revenue as a % of output, then apply it to a historical context. George W invoked the same military Keynesian policy as Reagan; the problem is these sort of policies are never sustainable. Not to mention that they leave the fiscal authorities without much ammunition to fight the worst recession since the great depression.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #714
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Research tax revenue as a % of output, then apply it to a historical context. George W invoked the same military Keynesian policy as Reagan; the problem is these sort of policies are never sustainable. Not to mention that they leave the fiscal authorities without much ammunition to fight the worst recession since the great depression.
    The fact is, the rich pay too much of the income tax burden and they don't have enough to keep up with the mindless spending that the dems and some republicans crave



  5. #715
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we get the fact that you blame freedom for your lot in life and think a socialist government would make things so much better for you.

    Sorry, those of us who are resourceful and ambitious don't want to be dragged down by the lowest common denominator nonsense of welfare socialism. I don't want to be heavily taxed and held back because others cannot keep up or don't want to keep up
    as has been shown repeatedly, you are not 'heavily' taxed.

  6. #716
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The fact is, the rich pay too much of the income tax burden
    Opinion

    and they don't have enough to keep up with the mindless spending that the dems and some republicans crave
    This current level of spending is certainly unsustainable; i did not suggest it was.

    It would be nice if you would actually respond to the content of my posts.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #717
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we get the fact that you blame freedom for your lot in life and think a socialist government would make things so much better for you.

    Sorry, those of us who are resourceful and ambitious don't want to be dragged down by the lowest common denominator nonsense of welfare socialism. I don't want to be heavily taxed and held back because others cannot keep up or don't want to keep up
    My lot in life? You have no idea of what my "lot" in life is, so just as general information I did pretty good. Unlike you I don't think of only myself nor do I think of just mine who has also done very well in her life. I think of my country and what the future holds for those that I leave the American way of life to.

    I was not born sucking on the proverbal silver spoon, I have been very poor so I can relate, I was"lucky" enough to be able to work my way out and up. The freedoms we enjoy as Americans are great but with out the opportunity of descent paying employment opportunities what will those freedoms mean.

  8. #718
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    as has been shown repeatedly, you are not 'heavily' taxed.
    the parasitic unionista left constantly claims that when they don't pay near the taxes I do.

    when half of your next dollar is taken by state and federal governments that is "heavily taxed"

    when a group that earns 22% of the income yet pays 40% of the income tax and the surcharge known as the death or estate tax, they are HEAVILY TAXED compared to those 47% who pay NO income and no estate tax


    when you start paying as much tax dollars as I do you might have some standing to make such idiotic pronouncements. Until then, you are talking out of your six



  9. #719
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    My lot in life? You have no idea of what my "lot" in life is, so just as general information I did pretty good. Unlike you I don't think of only myself nor do I think of just mine who has also done very well in her life. I think of my country and what the future holds for those that I leave the American way of life to.

    I was not born sucking on the proverbal silver spoon, I have been very poor so I can relate, I was"lucky" enough to be able to work my way out and up. The freedoms we enjoy as Americans are great but with out the opportunity of descent paying employment opportunities what will those freedoms mean.
    its better to suck on a silver spoon that was happily given than the public tit that is fueled by coercion



  10. #720
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the parasitic unionista left constantly claims that when they don't pay near the taxes I do.

    when half of your next dollar is taken by state and federal governments that is "heavily taxed"

    when a group that earns 22% of the income yet pays 40% of the income tax and the surcharge known as the death or estate tax, they are HEAVILY TAXED compared to those 47% who pay NO income and no estate tax


    when you start paying as much tax dollars as I do you might have some standing to make such idiotic pronouncements. Until then, you are talking out of your six
    blah blah blah, unionista, blah blah blah....you make more, you pay more, get over it, dont like it, leave the country...your whole ' woe is me, i'm rich, boo hoo hoo, i'm taxed to much, boo hoo hoo' is hillarious. need a tissue?

Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •