Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1085
Like Tree448Likes

Thread: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

  1. #61
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,798
    Likes Received
    1807 times
    Likes Given
    4592

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    "What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?"

    It allowed big money to consolidate and liquidate US investments and move them to higher returning Chinese investments.

  2. #62
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    101,709
    Likes Received
    30955 times
    Likes Given
    31434

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    "What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?"

    It allowed big money to consolidate and liquidate US investments and move them to higher returning Chinese investments.
    It caused those who think taxes should be used to assuage those who harbor the feelings of envy and chagrin over not being rich to become upset
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?

  3. #63
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254
    Likes Received
    9346 times
    Likes Given
    28036

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    It caused those who think taxes should be used to assuage those who harbor the feelings of envy and chagrin over not being rich to become upset

    Its the familiar, we don't need no stinkin' working class whine!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #64
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    101,709
    Likes Received
    30955 times
    Likes Given
    31434

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Its the familiar, we don't need no stinkin' working class whine!
    but you are gonna provide one whether we want it or not
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?

  5. #65
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254
    Likes Received
    9346 times
    Likes Given
    28036

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but you are gonna provide one whether we want it or not
    I'm not the one whining about the working class not pulling their load.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #66
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    101,709
    Likes Received
    30955 times
    Likes Given
    31434

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'm not the one whining about the working class not pulling their load.
    yeah because that would be truthful and accurate
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?

  7. #67
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254
    Likes Received
    9346 times
    Likes Given
    28036

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah because that would be truthful and accurate
    So, it is your claim that the working class is not pulling their load. At least you are open in your disdain for the working class. It should make a dandy platform for the conservatives as we lead up to the election!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #68
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    101,709
    Likes Received
    30955 times
    Likes Given
    31434

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So, it is your claim that the working class is not pulling their load. At least you are open in your disdain for the working class. It should make a dandy platform for the conservatives as we lead up to the election!

    You lefties always try to substitute quantity for quality. The fact is if you are not paying federal income taxes there is a VERY STRONG possibility you are not pulling their load

    If you are a disabled vet or firefighter however, you have paid in full

    and if you are top one percent tax payer there is almost a complete guarantee you are paying more than your share of the load

    thus when people like you claim that the rich are not paying their fair share, I can easily note that your claims are 98% inaccurate while mine are 98% accurate because there might be two percent of the top one percent who use more than they pay and 2% or so of the bottom 60% who have given more than they have used
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?

  9. #69
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254
    Likes Received
    9346 times
    Likes Given
    28036

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You lefties always try to substitute quantity for quality. The fact is if you are not paying federal income taxes there is a VERY STRONG possibility you are not pulling their load

    If you are a disabled vet or firefighter however, you have paid in full

    and if you are top one percent tax payer there is almost a complete guarantee you are paying more than your share of the load

    thus when people like you claim that the rich are not paying their fair share, I can easily note that your claims are 98% inaccurate while mine are 98% accurate because there might be two percent of the top one percent who use more than they pay and 2% or so of the bottom 60% who have given more than they have used
    As with most of the working class, I pay a higher percentage of my total income than do the top 1% of income earners. As more and more of the working class are being forced into poverty, the closer we get to the point we did after the 1920's, when the working class said enough and supported a progressive tax system. I am willing to bet we see this reflected in the November election.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #70
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Likes Received
    1652 times
    Likes Given
    616
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    First off the liberals are trying to create a them and us situtation not based in reality.

    Next:
    The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per*cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes.
    That means they are paying more than their fair share. Obama is trying to get riots under way here do he can declare Marchall, play Dictator

Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •