Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1085

Thread: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

  1. #391
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Stupid? Why are you calling my work stupid? It that suppose to be a direct insult and attack on me?

    I was showing you an example WHICH YOU STARTED FOR US ---




    I took just what you said and showed you that you cannot do what you claim you can do in defense of your property.


    It seems I know the law a bit better than you think I do and likewise you do not know it as well as you would have this board believe you do.

    I read your posts Turtle. That is what makes this so easy. You create opportunities large enough to drive a Mack truck through just as you did here.

    I must awake at 5:30 to do battle with real life monsters in the state capital so I leave it to you to find some law to support your theory which has just been thoroughly debunked. Good night.
    sorry your claims of debunking are a bit hyperbolic but if someone breaks into my home for me to terminate them it pretty much assumes I am in the home. I don't have a remote control killer robot i can diret by microwave control boxes when I am not present

    You fall back on the statist argument-if its law it must be good

    so I remind you that the tax rates on capital gains and dividends are the law too yet you piss and moan about those laws constantly



  2. #392
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,172

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    GE dumped huge amounts of PCBs into the Hudson before regulation.

    The the PCBs in the Hudson are still having an impact.
    Assuming you are correct, that is one company. Do you have a source for your claim?

  3. #393
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,720

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sorry your claims of debunking are a bit hyperbolic but if someone breaks into my home for me to terminate them it pretty much assumes I am in the home. I don't have a remote control killer robot i can diret by microwave control boxes when I am not present

    You fall back on the statist argument-if its law it must be good

    so I remind you that the tax rates on capital gains and dividends are the law too yet you piss and moan about those laws constantly
    Really now?!?!?!? You must be INSIDE your property?!?!?!?! You can't be working in the yard or the back forty and see somebody breaking into the house from that distance? You cannot pull up in your car as I described and see your property has been broken into and stolen as I described?

    But now the games are being played and we both know what the name of the game is don't we Turtle?



    You are putting yourself in the home for one reason and one reason only - to change the facts so you can now qualify under the conditions of the law to defend your life or the life of others in the home - neither of which has anything to do with being able to use the death penalty in a property crime offense. I taught this enough times to know this counsellor.

    Your boast was that I knew nothing of the American system of law because I stated that our laws place human life over mere property and you did not like that.So you threw in your bogus homeowner/extreme prejudice false scenario in the hope nobody knew the difference. Sorry counsellor, but we do know the difference.

    You FAIL again.



    I have no idea what you are talking about with "my statist argument"? Perhaps you can back up your false claims of my beliefs by showing where I stated that if a law was on the books it is by nature a good law? I will await that evidence to be submitted from you.

    You seem to fail to understand the basic difference between a written part of the US Constitution which is the Supreme Law of the Land and a basic piece of legislation passed by a Congress or legislature. Do you understand the difference?

    Your ire seems caused by your increasing frustration at NOT being able to articulate and intelligent and reasoned argument as why one type of income - wages earned by the vast vast majority of people - should be taxed at discriminatory rates which are far higher than another type of income - capital gains - earned by a minority of people which are taxed at far lower, more favorable and very unequal rates. We are all still awaiting that rational step by step case from you.

    In your case, since you have the law on your side, it should be very very easy to simply research the debates involving the passage of such laws and summarize the reasoning of the proponents. You may want to try that instead of attacking me for defending the US Constitution.
    Last edited by haymarket; 08-24-11 at 07:31 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #394
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Really now?!?!?!? You must be INSIDE your property?!?!?!?! You can't be working in the yard or the back forty and see somebody breaking into the house from that distance? You cannot pull up in your car as I described and see your property has been broken into and stolen as I described?

    But now the games are being played and we both know what the name of the game is don't we Turtle?



    You are putting yourself in the home for one reason and one reason only - to change the facts so you can now qualify under the conditions of the law to defend your life or the life of others in the home - neither of which has anything to do with being able to use the death penalty in a property crime offense. I taught this enough times to know this counsellor.

    Your boast was that I knew nothing of the American system of law because I stated that our laws place human life over mere property and you did not like that.So you threw in your bogus homeowner/extreme prejudice false scenario in the hope nobody knew the difference. Sorry counsellor, but we do know the difference.

    You FAIL again.



    I have no idea what you are talking about with "my statist argument"? Perhaps you can back up your false claims of my beliefs by showing where I stated that if a law was on the books it is by nature a good law? I will await that evidence to be submitted from you.

    You seem to fail to understand the basic difference between a written part of the US Constitution which is the Supreme Law of the Land and a basic piece of legislation passed by a Congress or legislature. Do you understand the difference?

    Your ire seems caused by your increasing frustration at NOT being able to articulate and intelligent and reasoned argument as why one type of income - wages earned by the vast vast majority of people - should be taxed at discriminatory rates which are far higher than another type of income - capital gains - earned by a minority of people which are taxed at far lower, more favorable and very unequal rates. We are all still awaiting that rational step by step case from you.

    In your case, since you have the law on your side, it should be very very easy to simply research the debates involving the passage of such laws and summarize the reasoning of the proponents. You may want to try that instead of attacking me for defending the US Constitution.
    You are posting frantic nonsense again. Your constant claims of somehow knowing more about the law merely because you support some laws and ignore (ie Capital gains taxation) the law you don't like is amusing. No one is discriminated against by LTCG tax rates EXCEPT THE RICH who pay higher rates than more average tax payers.



  5. #395
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,720

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You are posting frantic nonsense again. Your constant claims of somehow knowing more about the law merely because you support some laws and ignore (ie Capital gains taxation) the law you don't like is amusing. No one is discriminated against by LTCG tax rates EXCEPT THE RICH who pay higher rates than more average tax payers.
    Please DO NOT tell me what I know or what I believe. Show me what you claim I believe with my actual words. If you cannot do that, please refrain from putting beliefs to me that I do not hold.

    How can you claim that the rich are discriminated AGAINST by lower capital gains taxes when they are obviously discriminated IN FAVOR by lower rates. Talk about posting nonsense.

    The good news from your latest post is that you are not fighting about claims of killing people to defend mere property so that is successfully disposed of.
    Last edited by haymarket; 08-24-11 at 11:49 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #396
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,172

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How can you claim that the rich are discriminated AGAINST by lower capital gains taxes when they are obviously discriminated IN FAVOR by lower rates. Talk about posting nonsense.
    I thought that the middle class paid the same rate for capital gains as the rich. When did it get lower for rich people than for the middle class? If they are taxed at the same rate, how is it discrimination?

  7. #397
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I thought that the middle class paid the same rate for capital gains as the rich. When did it get lower for rich people than for the middle class? If they are taxed at the same rate, how is it discrimination?
    how disengenuous. the middle class are far less likely to have capital gains. we cannot just continue to concentrate wealth at the expesne of the middle class.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #398
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,264

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    how disengenuous. the middle class are far less likely to have capital gains. we cannot just continue to concentrate wealth at the expesne of the middle class.
    Who is "we"? You and the little mouse in your pocket?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #399
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,264

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Really now?!?!?!? You must be INSIDE your property?!?!?!?! You can't be working in the yard or the back forty and see somebody breaking into the house from that distance? You cannot pull up in your car as I described and see your property has been broken into and stolen as I described?

    But now the games are being played and we both know what the name of the game is don't we Turtle?



    You are putting yourself in the home for one reason and one reason only - to change the facts so you can now qualify under the conditions of the law to defend your life or the life of others in the home - neither of which has anything to do with being able to use the death penalty in a property crime offense. I taught this enough times to know this counsellor.

    Your boast was that I knew nothing of the American system of law because I stated that our laws place human life over mere property and you did not like that.So you threw in your bogus homeowner/extreme prejudice false scenario in the hope nobody knew the difference. Sorry counsellor, but we do know the difference.

    You FAIL again.



    I have no idea what you are talking about with "my statist argument"? Perhaps you can back up your false claims of my beliefs by showing where I stated that if a law was on the books it is by nature a good law? I will await that evidence to be submitted from you.

    You seem to fail to understand the basic difference between a written part of the US Constitution which is the Supreme Law of the Land and a basic piece of legislation passed by a Congress or legislature. Do you understand the difference?

    Your ire seems caused by your increasing frustration at NOT being able to articulate and intelligent and reasoned argument as why one type of income - wages earned by the vast vast majority of people - should be taxed at discriminatory rates which are far higher than another type of income - capital gains - earned by a minority of people which are taxed at far lower, more favorable and very unequal rates. We are all still awaiting that rational step by step case from you.

    In your case, since you have the law on your side, it should be very very easy to simply research the debates involving the passage of such laws and summarize the reasoning of the proponents. You may want to try that instead of attacking me for defending the US Constitution.
    Where did this ever occur? OMG, you defend the Constitution??? Yeah, like the wolf defending the sheep.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #400
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Please DO NOT tell me what I know or what I believe. Show me what you claim I believe with my actual words. If you cannot do that, please refrain from putting beliefs to me that I do not hold.

    How can you claim that the rich are discriminated AGAINST by lower capital gains taxes when they are obviously discriminated IN FAVOR by lower rates. Talk about posting nonsense.

    The good news from your latest post is that you are not fighting about claims of killing people to defend mere property so that is successfully disposed of.
    More frantic postings--I am posting in reference to your claims, not your beliefs.

    the rich do not payer lower LTCG rates and they pay the highest STCG rates

    Capital gains tax in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •