Page 22 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1085

Thread: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

  1. #211
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    remind us what you want to cut

    this ought to be funny. You also want the rich to pay more and more taxes
    I support cutting the largest government expenditure in half. The military. I also support closing all overseas bases with a few possible exceptions.

  2. #212
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    remind us what you want to cut

    this ought to be funny. You also want the rich to pay more and more taxes
    i support the libertarian approach. By cutting our most wasteful spending, the ME wars and and our overspending on the military, we can reduce the deficit by $350 billion and still would be spending 3 times as much as the next biggest military spender, China.

    We can cut another $100 billion a year from the deficit by eliminating the tax cuts for the rich.

    That totals $450 billion a year without creating hardship for those that have already suffered.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #213
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    I support cutting the largest government expenditure in half. The military. I also support closing all overseas bases with a few possible exceptions.
    This issue is a libertarian test. It is what separates the honest libertarians from the faux libertarians. Those that pretend to be libertarians always get exposed by their hypocrisy if they support spending as much as the rest of the world combined on military.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #214
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    I support cutting the largest government expenditure in half. The military. I also support closing all overseas bases with a few possible exceptions.
    I sort of figured you want to cut the military-which is actually a proper governmental function, while not mentioning anything about the billions of constitutionally dubious income redistribution programs and governmental regulation of private industry



  5. #215
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    This issue is a libertarian test. It is what separates the honest libertarians from the faux libertarians. Those that pretend to be libertarians always get exposed by their hypocrisy if they support spending as much as the rest of the world combined on military.
    real libertarians would note that the Social Security Ponzi scheme is unconstitutional and stuff like the department of education, the EPA etc are unconstitutional pursuant to the tenth amendment. Sure, we spend too much on the military and our bases in areas that no longer are subjected to a realistic threat with the collapse of the iron curtain need to be severely downsized, if not closed. But the domestic nonsense that limits our global competitive ability as well as feeding the entitlement addictions of millions need to be sliced as well



  6. #216
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    real libertarians would note that the Social Security Ponzi scheme is unconstitutional and stuff like the department of education, the EPA etc are unconstitutional pursuant to the tenth amendment. Sure, we spend too much on the military and our bases in areas that no longer are subjected to a realistic threat with the collapse of the iron curtain need to be severely downsized, if not closed. But the domestic nonsense that limits our global competitive ability as well as feeding the entitlement addictions of millions need to be sliced as well
    What the ------ does social security have to do with the topic of this thread? Let me remind you that the topic of the thread is What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve? Did you use your tax cut to shore up SS? Did you invest your tax cut in the largest ponzi scheme ever Wall Street? SS helps keep food on the table and people in their homes, Wall Street is just a legalized way for the rich to steal from the poor

  7. #217
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    What the ------ does social security have to do with the topic of this thread? Let me remind you that the topic of the thread is What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve? Did you use your tax cut to shore up SS? Did you invest your tax cut in the largest ponzi scheme ever Wall Street? SS helps keep food on the table and people in their homes, Wall Street is just a legalized way for the rich to steal from the poor
    the purpose of the tax cut was Bush fulfilling one of his campaign promises to overturn the dem imposed massive tax hike on those who pay taxes. It also had the effect of helping an economy which had been damaged by the clinton dot com bubble burst and 9-11. The other impact was that it caused the rich bashers to have conniptions but their dear leader felt the tax normalization of Bush was so good he extended them



  8. #218
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the purpose of the tax cut was Bush fulfilling one of his campaign promises to overturn the dem imposed massive tax hike on those who pay taxes. It also had the effect of helping an economy which had been damaged by the clinton dot com bubble burst and 9-11. The other impact was that it caused the rich bashers to have conniptions but their dear leader felt the tax normalization of Bush was so good he extended them
    Do you think that every one just buys your BS?

    Domestic policy of the George W. Bush administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    President Bush won passage for two major tax cuts during his term in office: The Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003. Collectively, they became known, analyzed, and debated as the "Bush tax cuts".
    Bush took care of his buddies while raiding the SS fund

  9. #219
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Do you think that every one just buys your BS?

    Domestic policy of the George W. Bush administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    B

    Bush took care of his buddies while raiding the SS fund
    his buddies being tax payers? why did your dear leader continue the Bush tax rates? and how does your Wiki cite disprove what I said?

    are you upset tax payers received tax cuts?



  10. #220
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    his buddies being tax payers? why did your dear leader continue the Bush tax rates? and how does your Wiki cite disprove what I said?

    are you upset tax payers received tax cuts?
    This is what you said

    the purpose of the tax cut was Bush fulfilling one of his campaign promises to overturn the dem imposed massive tax hike on those who pay taxes
    President Obama used the tax extension to try to negotiate with the republicans on health care, it was a mistake to negotiate with the republicans he should have jammed the health care package through.The 2010 elections would have turned out much better for the democrats, the debt ceiling debacle would never have occured, instead of heading for a 2nd recession our economy would have continued it's slow recovery

Page 22 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •