Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1085

Thread: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

  1. #1051
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is a silly rant from you. try again.
    Rant?
    Very well Turtle, I will admit that if you do one thing, all you have to do is tell me which part of this post is false?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  2. #1052
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    So you're telling me that Haliburtian didn't benifit frm getting a no bid contract?

    You're telling me that the ceo's of Bear Sterns, AIG ,FREDDY MAC ,FANNY MAE GMC ect GOT NOTHING FROM THE GOVERNMENT?

    Cheap labor high prices low taxes the corporations don't cash in on that ?
    Without outsourceing there would be no free trade
    For your claim to have any relevance you would have to show that most of us in the top tax bracket benefited from that

    we did not

    so try to find something that establishes that those who pay a huge share of the income tax actually were given direct government benefits that the masses do not enjoy



  3. #1053
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Rant?
    Very well Turtle, I will admit that if you do one thing, all you have to do is tell me which part of this post is false?
    what relevance does this have to the butt hurt whining about the tax cut for those who pay too much of the income tax?



  4. #1054
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Windy City
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    397

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The claim is that the richest set of taxpayers (who pay a huge amount of the income tax) somehow get more government benefits than the people who pay less than them (Ie the bottom 89% or so) is based on such specious claims.

    The majority of those in the top tax bracket are not getting such benefits from lobbying and that is not a government given benefit anyway
    Well, definitely agreed. But like I've said before that's the whole point of social government programs; people who have more money pay more into the system to help those who have less money get access to essential benefits they could otherwise not afford.

    What happens next is that those poor people, who now don't have to worry about their most basic and essential needs, can spend more time educating themselves, and ultimately land a nice job at a good company, contributing added value to the rich person who owns it (who originally paid taxes to help pull the poor person out of poverty earlier).

    Everyone wins.
    Last edited by David D.; 09-11-11 at 05:41 PM.

  5. #1055
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The claim is that the richest set of taxpayers (who pay a huge amount of the income tax) somehow get more government benefits than the people who pay less than them (Ie the bottom 89% or so) is based on such specious claims.

    The majority of those in the top tax bracket are not getting such benefits from lobbying and that is not a government given benefit anyway
    Ah, you keep forgetting something turtle perhaps you are slow.
    The majority of those in the top tax bracket is the minority of Americans.

    So somewhere somebody in the top tax bracket benifits from these issues .
    It's not benifiting the poor
    It's not benifiting the working poor or Lower Middle or Middle class.

    So who does that leave ?
    Sure as Hell ain't the average American.

    Leaving the minotity at the top, in the top tax bracket.
    Last edited by presluc; 09-11-11 at 05:43 PM.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  6. #1056
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    Well, definitely agreed. But like I've said before that's the whole point of social government programs; people who have more money pay more into the system to help those who have less money get access to essential benefits they could otherwise not afford.

    What happens next is that those poor people, who now don't have to worry on their most basic and essential needs, can spend more time educating themselves, and ultimately land a nice job at a good company, contributing added value to the rich person who owns it (who originally paid taxes to help pull the poor person out of poverty earlier).

    Everyone wins.
    We don't win when left wing politicians buy the votes of the poor by telling them they can have more and more handouts or spending and they won't have to pay for it if they vote dem because the dems will merely increase taxes on the rich

    America doesn't win when a majority of the voters clamor for more and more government because they don't feel they will have to pay for it but rather they have a limitless credit card that their representatives will force others to pay off.



  7. #1057
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Ah, you keep forgetting something turtle perhaps you are slow.
    The majority of those in the top tax bracket is the minority of Americans.

    So somewhere somebody in the top tax bracket benifits from these issues .
    It's not benifiting the poor
    It's not benifiting the working poor or Lower Middle or Middle class.

    So who does that leave ?
    Sure as Hell ain't the average American.

    Leaving the minotity at the top, in the top tax bracket.
    well here is the problem with your silly analysis-perhaps calling me slow is rather stupid given that the top taxpayers pay far more than those other groups so even if the rich benefited universally (in reality its just a few of the uber rich but I would argue employees of Haliburton run the gamut of uber rich to blue collar) they are still paying a ton of tax while those in the bottom 95% pay less income taxes than the top 5% and certainly use more government benefits than the top 5%



  8. #1058
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Windy City
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    397

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    We don't win when left wing politicians buy the votes of the poor by telling them they can have more and more handouts or spending and they won't have to pay for it if they vote dem because the dems will merely increase taxes on the rich

    America doesn't win when a majority of the voters clamor for more and more government because they don't feel they will have to pay for it but rather they have a limitless credit card that their representatives will force others to pay off.
    TD, virtually every congressperson (especially senators) are members of the top 5% (in terms of wealth) in this country.

    They're not going to screw themselves and their friends over. It doesn't make any sense for them to do so.

    Why do you think the tax cuts for the rich were extended despite the heavy need for extra money in the system just one year ago? Also, why do you think the capital gains tax continues to decrease in %?

    If the poor have such a strong voice in our government, how come the top 1% isn't taxed at 70% or higher?

  9. #1059
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    TD, virtually every congressperson (especially senators) are members of the top 5% (in terms of wealth) in this country.

    They're not going to screw themselves and their friends over. It doesn't make any sense for them to do so.

    Why do you think the tax cuts for the rich were extended despite the heavy need for extra money in the system just one year ago? Also, why do you think the capital gains tax continues to decrease in %?

    If the poor have such a strong voice in our government, how come the top 1% isn't taxed at 70% or higher?
    the rich are not monolithic. some of us are rich despite the government and others are rich because of the government. The left tends to be the second group/ The Gores, and the Kennedys are prime examples of people who are rich because of their government connections. Same with the Obamas and the Clintons. Being in office is where they get their wealth. And if demanding higher taxes gets them elected they will.

    the poor get a great deal from the government. They get a vote and they get fed.



  10. #1060
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: What purpose did the tax cut for the wealthiest serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well here is the problem with your silly analysis-perhaps calling me slow is rather stupid given that the top taxpayers pay far more than those other groups so even if the rich benefited universally (in reality its just a few of the uber rich but I would argue employees of Haliburton run the gamut of uber rich to blue collar) they are still paying a ton of tax while those in the bottom 95% pay less income taxes than the top 5% and certainly use more government benefits than the top 5%
    So now there's the uber rich and the rich, both get tax cuts both ride the coatails of loophole tax benifits.
    So what the hells the differance the rich don't ge as big a check as the uber rich for paying taxes?


    Check the employee roster of Haliburtain if you can pronounce their names see how many are paying taxes to America?

    You know what's stupid ?
    Millions of Americans that want a job to pay taxe no charge just a job.
    While the government pays the rich to pay taxes.

    There's no way you can have it both ways, either more jobs for the American people , or more taxes for the rich.
    One or the other is coming. MORE JOBS OR HIGHER TAXES

    Frankly the unemployed that lost their jobs the poor working class don't give a damn about higher taxes.
    They got no jobs or a low paying wage they got no money , they will pay no higher taxes.
    Last edited by presluc; 09-11-11 at 06:23 PM.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •