View Poll Results: Embargo?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • End Embargo

    65 48.87%
  • Keep Embargo

    68 51.13%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 167

Thread: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

  1. #41
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    08-18-11 @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    89

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because that argument is pathetic and i find it laughable.
    We love China they are "communist."
    Whats the point again for the embargo?
    All people that speak out against the embargo are "a socialist, or someone buying the communist gov. sources."? Serioiusly?
    Amnesty international and other human rights groups are all "socialists and buy gov sources"?
    The international community/UN are "socialists and buy gov sources"?
    Ron Paul is an extreme right winger libertarian and he wants the embargo to end....
    They're globalist, and you don't know what Ron Paul has been reading. I don't like China at all you htink we should give in to our demands and let them compete with out economy? But brah why u mad?

  2. #42
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    08-18-11 @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    89

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And so f'ing what if the world is put into a nuke winter.
    That wouldv'e happened if Khruschev didn't back down from the Berlin crisis. The only way I can see us making a benifit from a lifting of the Cuban embargo is if we can make any flexibility with it, which can get complex because it requires overlapping alliances and such, kind of like what Bismarck did. But yea I do get how you're feeling about it.

  3. #43
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    They're globalist, and you don't know what Ron Paul has been reading. I don't like China at all you htink we should give in to our demands and let them compete with out economy? But brah why u mad?
    Not mad. Just find your argument and reasoning to keep the embargo pathetic...


  4. #44
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    08-18-11 @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    89

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Not mad. Just find your argument and reasoning to keep the embargo pathetic...
    I don't think it is at all. But if that's how you feel, we're going to agree to disagree.

  5. #45
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    I don't think it is at all. But if that's how you feel, we're going to agree to disagree.
    Well what is the point of the embargo?
    You have not said...


  6. #46
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    08-18-11 @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    89

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well what is the point of the embargo?
    You have not said...
    The basic idea around it is power politics. Cuba is somewhat isolated at this point, and any country that has interest in giving support will be operating on exterior lines. This was a land the Soviets overextended on. All we do is encourage democracy, then leave.

  7. #47
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    Not if we play power politics. Cuba is basically isolated at this point, so playing power politics against them would give us the initiative in diplomatic talks.
    they are far from isolated. They even have Americans traveling there, we just have to fly out of Canada to go.

  8. #48
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    08-18-11 @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    89

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    they are far from isolated. They even have Americans traveling there, we just have to fly out of Canada to go.
    That's for our relations, though. I was talkking about with other countries and their geopolitical situation.

  9. #49
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    That's for our relations, though. I was talkking about with other countries and their geopolitical situation.
    other countries trade with them, they are not isolated from anyone but us.

  10. #50
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    08-18-11 @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    89

    Re: Should the Embargo with Cuba be lifted?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    other countries trade with them, they are not isolated from anyone but us.
    Give me an example. A source would help too. Andthe ones who trade with them are not in assisting distance or don't have the projection power.
    Last edited by Lasher; 08-01-11 at 08:47 PM.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •