View Poll Results: Are seniors that use SS one of these...

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terrorists

    12 26.67%
  • Leftists

    5 11.11%
  • Lazy

    1 2.22%
  • Parasites

    27 60.00%
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 300

Thread: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

  1. #241
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Dood? What is that, you and others have no idea of what you are talking about you ramble on and people buy your misinformation, I will repeat it for you again in 1983 then President Reagan and Greenspan addressed the baby boomer problem by increasing THE amount paid into SS, the increase was to pay for the retirement of the baby boomer generation, can you get that dude/ my SS is not part of any ponzi scheme.

    I resent seniors being labeled as Terrorists or Leftists or Lazy or as a ------ Parasite because I want to and intend to collect the SS benefits I paid into for over 40 years. I don't see you or any of your conservative buddies standing up for the many seniors who worked hard all of their lives and paid into SS.

    Let me tell you one more thing dood you won't and none of your conservative buddies will ever put your hands on me
    It is Dude and thank god for the internet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Not necessarily, unless you're referring to every other group but the super wealthy. Investing money requires very little "hard work." Most of these pricks don't even do the investing themselves but instead have others doing it for them.
    Depends on how you define work. My family is extremely wealthy and they had untold millions handed to them and they work very hard to maintain it and my father in law was handed millions and he was lazy (he is very intelligent though...) and he has very little left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Depends on how you define work. My family is extremely wealthy and they had untold millions handed to them and they work very hard to maintain it and my father in law was handed millions and he was lazy (he is very intelligent though...) and he has very little left.
    Conserative investing and restricted spending of only part of the capital gains would not be hard work, just require some restraint. Following that pattern a person would not have to work other then occassionaly checking investments and withdrawing amounts to live on.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  4. #244
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Depends on how you define work. My family is extremely wealthy and they had untold millions handed to them and they work very hard to maintain it and my father in law was handed millions and he was lazy (he is very intelligent though...) and he has very little left.
    He cant be very intelligent if he pissed away MILLIONs...all you have to do is lock it in and live off it l ike a king forever...

  5. #245
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    The bolded part is why I am financing the education of my grandchildren....so they can pay into SS.
    BUT, eventually, the SS program has to die of old age, or at least face major surgery so we can cut out the wasteful parts of it.

    The fraud alone is a huge number. My elderly neighbor is crippled and can get a scooter for $1500 out of her pocket, but the vendor gets $2500 if the govt pays for it. Why can't the govt get the scooter at the same price the vendor is offering to the citizen?
    Hey buddy, haven't see you around. How have you been?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #246
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Dood? What is that, you and others have no idea of what you are talking about you ramble on and people buy your misinformation, I will repeat it for you again in 1983 then President Reagan and Greenspan addressed the baby boomer problem by increasing THE amount paid into SS, the increase was to pay for the retirement of the baby boomer generation, can you get that dude/ my SS is not part of any ponzi scheme.

    I resent seniors being labeled as Terrorists or Leftists or Lazy or as a ------ Parasite because I want to and intend to collect the SS benefits I paid into for over 40 years. I don't see you or any of your conservative buddies standing up for the many seniors who worked hard all of their lives and paid into SS.

    Let me tell you one more thing dood you won't and none of your conservative buddies will ever put your hands on me


    You still miss the fact that the OP wasnt seriously calling or considering senior citizens parasites. And...who is trying to put their hands on you? Who is taking SS? And Catawba 'liked' you! PERFECT!!!


  7. #247
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    You still miss the fact that the OP wasnt seriously calling or considering senior citizens parasites. And...who is trying to put their hands on you? Who is taking SS? And Catawba 'liked' you! PERFECT!!!
    As usual, you miss the point completely. I could care less what the far righties call our seniors and working class. Our fighting back is not in response to name calling, it is in response to the continued attack on seniors and the working class to make them shoulder the cost of the GOP war in Iraq and other wasteful spending, all while the richest continue to enjoy tax breaks averaging more annually then 90% of the country makes in a year.

    Earl's recognition of this fact is what I agreed with.
    Last edited by Catawba; 08-03-11 at 03:34 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #248
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As usual, you miss the point completely. I could care less what the far righties call our seniors and working class. Our fighting back is not in response to name calling, it is in response to the continued attack on seniors and the working class to make them shoulder the cost of the GOP war in Iraq and other wasteful spending, all while the richest continue to enjoy tax breaks averaging more annually then 90% of the country makes in a year.

    Earl's recognition of this fact is what I agreed with.
    This 'continued attack...please show me where republicans are coming to steal Earls SS. Come on...it cant be that hard to do. Please show me the proposals I and other have made here to steal away old peoples retirement. You cant of course...so instead you bleat off in other directions about war, the evil rich, etc etc etc. They COUNT on people like you. and you NEVER fail to deliver. They toss out these boogeyman (and in the case of the OP, these Boogieman nightmare scenarios and watch their little puppets dance. Pathetic.
    Please...show me where I have suggested they should steal SS from senior citizens. Show me where I have suggested anything OTHER than makiing SS more strong...more efficient, and/or more sustainable. Show were republicans are shutting down social security.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    132

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Seniors should get outta SS what they pay into it.
    Agreed, plus the interest it gained over a work career often spanning from 16-18 years old until 62-65.

    It's one thing to suck off tax payer dollars without contributing back to the coffers, but is another for our government to suck off our citizens and veterans then seek to renege on paying them what is owed.

    I didn't vote in the poll because all the options were skewed against screwing grandma.

  10. #250
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    You still miss the fact that the OP wasnt seriously calling or considering senior citizens parasites. And...who is trying to put their hands on you? Who is taking SS? And Catawba 'liked' you! PERFECT!!!

    You mean the OP was just joking I guess I am just to sensitive when some one refers to my parents in any way that I consider disrespectful. Having respect for my elders must be a generational thing, My mother lives in a house that her and my step father built over 50 years ago she receives a small pension, SS benefits and medicare, she contributes $7000.00 per year in the way of taxes to the community she lives in. Without the income she receives she would be forced to sell her home of over 50 years and move, my mother is 86 and only wants to live out her life in her home.

    Apparently dood you not only do not respect those that came before you but you have a reading comprehension or have a difficult time focusing on the facts, President Obama said that
    nothing
    would be off the negotiating table including SS in round 2. Some times people hear only what they want to hear I call it selective hearing

    When some one writes in a blog about and I quote

    But to listen to you bleat on you would think people are right now holding you by the scrufff of the neck, a razor to your throat, and tellin you you shore do got a purrty mouth. Its pathetic really. Relax.
    First off dood I do not bleat, second off if any one decides to hold me by the
    "scruff"
    of my neck they should take a before picture so they can remember what their fingers looked like before they put them on my neck.

    Politicans have been putting their fingers and hands into my SS for years and now some people want to label me and others who worked our entire life as parasites your right dood I don't like the label, when doods like some on this site start disrespectfully labeling seniors as parasites others like the OP think it is OK, it's not OK.

    The largest problem with the internet is that it allows some doods to run off at the mouth because so far technology has not found away to allow a user to jump through the screen and have a different more honest face to face discussion.

    Because you say that the deficit reduction plan will not effect SS does not make it a fact, the facts will be clearer after the 2nd round of deficit reduction talks, one thing seems clear is that the republicans are only to willing to let the tea baggers dictate the terms of any deal.

    One of the reasons that SS is in trouble is that the cuts enjoyed by the rich came at the expense of the SS trust fund, I think that my generation and the generations before me gave enough. Without the sacrifices we made you would be speaking Russian or German or maybe Chinese, maybe your generation should learn to speak Chinese soon China will quit putting english on the product labels of items they export to America

    Get real there are lots of ways to reduce the deficit without plundering the benefits owed to the senior citizens of our country, without reducing education, without reducing environmental regs, without reducing programs meant to help the poor and needy of America

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •