View Poll Results: Are seniors that use SS one of these...

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terrorists

    12 26.67%
  • Leftists

    5 11.11%
  • Lazy

    1 2.22%
  • Parasites

    27 60.00%
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 300

Thread: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

  1. #91
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    You bought into a Ponzi scheme and hired politicians that spent your money. That's your fault, not that of your grandchildren. The money you get in SS is not yours but that of those currently paying in and soon you will be paid through income taxes.
    I do not care where the money comes from, I paid it in and I want it back, but go ahead and play with SS the political outcome should be very interesting

  2. #92
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    These kind of viewpoints make me hurt all over. You could just as easily be talking about people like the Westboro Baptist Church and Glenn Beck and Charles Manson and claim that they are examples of why the first amendment doesn't work because it just allows bad people to become famous and worsen the world. But you would never make that claim, because you understand that the first amendment exists because it is of extreme importance to a free and fair nation. Yet somehow, you fail to understand that a federal system to provide basic needs for all people is just as important to a great country. Here's a question for you: how many of these "parasites" that you deal with are veterans of our military? All of them are just worthless parasites that we're enabling too, right?
    Oh...lets take the second part...and from the perspective of a military vet...I deal with a fair number of them as well though not as many as you are likely to see around a major installation. I deal with a fair number of vets that use the hand-it-out-like-candy diagnosis of PTSD as their excuse to remain on disability for the rest of their lives. I deal with some active duty folks that are no different than some of the rest of the handout set. How could they be any different...the military is made up from people in society. Joining is no magical cureall. You want a military anecdotal account? Sure...army medic...joined to egt away from his family...mom was a trainwreck...never knew dad. Deployed twice but never to a hot zone downrange. Lost a few buddies...carries a bit of survivor guilt but lets be honest...dood was a trainwreck before he joined. He comes home...gets out of the military. Starts drinking heavily again. Doesnt work. Is perpetually gonna go back to school. One too many DV incidents and the wife has had enough...kicks him out...this time for good. 3 months later following a few stalking incidents and a court order he is found dead in his group home near the VA from a heroin overdose.

    He had legit problems that probably could have been helped with a legit A1 diagnosis and some therapy. Instead he too readily accepted a label, psych drugs, and disability.

    One of thousands.

  3. #93
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,587

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Howzabout instead I stick with actual accounts of fraud and the cause and effect of a handout society and watch and people like you lose your freakin minds instead.
    In other words, you're proposing that you ignore the reasons that your argument is fatally flawed. You think that the people who abuse our entitlement programs are the product of our system, although you haven't even begun to prove that. And it can't be proven. Again, how many people that you deal with are veterans of our military? How many of the people that you deal with would be much better off if they had received a top notch education and proper preventative medical care?

    Although to be fair to you I don't know what you're actually proposing. I'm guessing that you think entitlement programs should be massively overhauled and gutted to prevent taxpayer's money from being spent on "parasites," but in actuality you don't seem to be suggesting anything, just ranting about people who you're judging without knowing.

    So that story you told about the girl who has been in and out of rehab and been to the ICU dozens of times -- awfully detailed account there. It sounds to me like the vast majority of those details are presumptions based on the fact that you judge people who are in desperate need of help. You're backing up your opinion with cherry picked evidence that you see because it supports your own conclusion.

    EDIT: just read your other post about veterans. I appreciate you answering my question, but one more example of you acting like you have a superhuman ability to read minds and understand human behavior. I think that's what angers me about your statements. You come off as somebody that I really wouldn't want around me if I were in need of help.
    Last edited by Mustachio; 07-29-11 at 03:29 PM.
    A working class hero is something to be

  4. #94
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    In other words, you're proposing that you ignore the reasons that your argument is fatally flawed. You think that the people who abuse our entitlement programs are the product of our system, although you haven't even begun to prove that. And it can't be proven. Again, how many people that you deal with are veterans of our military? How many of the people that you deal with would be much better off if they had received a top notch education and proper preventative medical care?

    Although to be fair to you I don't know what you're actually proposing. I'm guessing that you think entitlement programs should be massively overhauled and gutted to prevent taxpayer's money from being spent on "parasites," but in actuality you don't seem to be suggesting anything, just ranting about people who you're judging without knowing.

    So that story you told about the girl who has been in and out of rehab and been to the ICU dozens of times -- awfully detailed account there. It sounds to me like the vast majority of those details are presumptions based on the fact that you judge people who are in desperate need of help. You're backing up your opinion with cherry picked evidence that you see because it supports your own conclusion.

    EDIT: just read your other post about veterans. I appreciate you answering my question, but one more example of you acting like you have a superhuman ability to read minds and understand human behavior. I think that's what angers me about your statements. You come off as somebody that I really wouldn't want around me if I were in need of help.
    I know...I know. I expect you to stand...will even HELP you stand. You prefer masters that will encourage people to continue to kneel. (Yeah...I stole it...sue me)

    I see people like this daily. You see me as some heartless judgemental evil bastard. I work with a team of people that help people escape from the stronglehold of our 'helping' society. You think those are the occasional onesy-twosey accounts? Sorry...not even close. I wish it were. Thats the comical part. You defend a system that I view as complicit in CREATING the problem and I spend about 90 hours a week trying to help people escape that system. And with a fair amount of success.

  5. #95
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    In other words, you're proposing that you ignore the reasons that your argument is fatally flawed. You think that the people who abuse our entitlement programs are the product of our system, although you haven't even begun to prove that. And it can't be proven. Again, how many people that you deal with are veterans of our military? How many of the people that you deal with would be much better off if they had received a top notch education and proper preventative medical care?

    Although to be fair to you I don't know what you're actually proposing. I'm guessing that you think entitlement programs should be massively overhauled and gutted to prevent taxpayer's money from being spent on "parasites," but in actuality you don't seem to be suggesting anything, just ranting about people who you're judging without knowing.

    So that story you told about the girl who has been in and out of rehab and been to the ICU dozens of times -- awfully detailed account there. It sounds to me like the vast majority of those details are presumptions based on the fact that you judge people who are in desperate need of help. You're backing up your opinion with cherry picked evidence that you see because it supports your own conclusion.

    EDIT: just read your other post about veterans. I appreciate you answering my question, but one more example of you acting like you have a superhuman ability to read minds and understand human behavior. I think that's what angers me about your statements. You come off as somebody that I really wouldn't want around me if I were in need of help.
    BTW...it has nothing to DO with reading minds.

  6. #96
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    I do not care where the money comes from, I paid it in and I want it back, but go ahead and play with SS the political outcome should be very interesting
    And you hired people that spent the money you paid in. Too bad for you.

  7. #97
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Intriguing...you are in defense of Welfare but in opposition to SS?
    I support a minimal social safety net. The poor and elderly should be taken care of those that are still prospering can get bent. SS is a much bigger problem than welfare. It and Medicare are set to explode. There is no pressing concern in welfare and I think it is a waste to focus on it at this time.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    And you hired people that spent the money you paid in. Too bad for you.
    That does not even make sense. What ever are you talking about?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #99
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Well, I'm a senior at 70 but I don't draw Social Security and never will. I figure I'm supporting at least five parasites through the government. So, for the parasites here, you're free to thank me.

  10. #100
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Seniors Lazy Parasites

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickt View Post
    Well, I'm a senior at 70 but I don't draw Social Security and never will. I figure I'm supporting at least five parasites through the government. So, for the parasites here, you're free to thank me.
    If you had worked long enough you would have paid into SS and would have been able to receive the SS benefits, you are not supporting anyone, people who paid into SS are entitled to their SS benefits.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •